Jermaine Jenas | Sacked by BBC

Looks like it’s not just an internal disciplinary issue and actually something that’s quite damaging then.
Possibly, but no one is going to want to hire him for the foreseeable when his name is in the media for inappropriate behaviour. He’ll be out of a job for quite some time

Possibly, but no one is going to want to hire him for the foreseeable when his name is in the media for inappropriate behaviour. He’ll be out of a job for quite some time
GBNews will take him on. Bet good money on it. And he will go there because A. He will need the income and B. All men with fragile egos shift to the right wing grift when they’ve been publicly accused of misogynistic/inappropriate behaviour.

I just understood what he meant by "securing the coin", I thought he was talking about Bitcoin and wondering why he would get sacked for that, just sounds like an utter pr*ck of a person. I can only imagine how he must be behind the scenes.

GBNews will take him on. Bet good money on it. And he will go there because A. He will need the income and B. All men with fragile egos shift to the right wing grift when they’ve been publicly accused of misogynistic/inappropriate behaviour.
not are fault

a friendly grope here or a cheeky wink there is enough to get you cancelled these days. barely worth going to the pub if you cant call the barmaid a slag an try an slip your hand up her top when shes collecting emptys

I think I had it in London once and it was nice. Better IPA's in Ireland, though, just don't tell Jenas.
There’s better independent Pale Ales, it’s probably a 7/10 but it’s available everywhere and consistent. Can’t go wrong with it imo.

Two sides to every story.

Side One: a female colleague looks in his direction one day and says hello.

Side Two: Jermaine sends her pictures of his todger.

Give your head a wobble.
My head is firm and upright, no need for a wobble. Is yours? It's just such a shame how so many jump on the bandwagon when all we know about the guy is that he's a genuine top bloke. Heard he's a great laugh too with banter to boot!

My head is firm and upright, no need for a wobble. Is yours? It's just such a shame how so many jump on the bandwagon when all we know about the guy is that he's a genuine top bloke. Heard he's a great laugh too with banter to boot!
Such a top bloke he got himself sacked for in appropriate behaviour. Top bloke indeed.

Such a top bloke he got himself sacked for in appropriate behaviour. Top bloke indeed.
Exactly, they sacked him for in appropriate behaviour. Not inappropriate behaviour. Top bloke until he's found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in court I say. And had the chance to appeal.

If you like your IPAs with hardly any hops (which are poor quality at best) then fine.
I like a range, my taste isn’t limited to specific hipster blends. From malty, toasty ales right through to bitter, citric hoppy pales. We’ve got a great selection of local microbreweries in Bristol so I’m not exactly short of choice but the good thing about Neck Oil is that most chains stock it when they don’t stock any others and it’s a perfectly good choice then.

Is this some kind of racial allegory?
You probably don't watch a lot of Jenas. Otherwise it would be obvious what is being referred to. I don't like him either but still gob smacked how he could do the alleged and hope to get away with it. At least I'm assuming he hoped to.

Over promoted beyond any apparent ability, and most men are inherently suspicious of other men who align themselves as "feminist allies" etc. as we all know they're more than likely to be the kind of wronguns who would take advantage of a woman given half the chance. Sadly women don't seem to have worked this out yet.
I'm sorry what?

Anyone else found it odd that he was fuming, but didn't categorically deny any wrongdoing?

My take from that was he's not denying sending any messages, but his argument will be that it was all consensual.

My take from that was he's not denying sending any messages, but his argument will be that it was all consensual.
He’s been sacked rather than suspended pending investigation hasn’t he? The evidence must be pretty convincing.

He’s been sacked rather than suspended pending investigation hasn’t he? The evidence must be pretty convincing.

I agree, but if he's intending to fight it and he's not willing to deny it happened (which would be very easy and okay for him to do if it hadn't), the only angle that makes sense is for him to say it was consensual.

The only other thing I can think of is his lawyers getting involved to stop more stories coming out.

I agree, but if he's intending to fight it and he's not willing to deny it happened (which would be very easy and okay for him to do if it hadn't), the only angle that makes sense is for him to say it was consensual.

The only other thing I can think of is his lawyers getting involved to stop more stories coming out.

I'm pretty sure your lawyer would tell you not to confirm or deny anything.

I'm pretty sure your lawyer would tell you not to confirm or deny anything.

If he's literally not sent these (alleged) messages, then I don't see why it would be an issue for him to say "I didn't do this."

As has been pointed out, the evidence must be damning for him to be sacked essentially immediately. It'd obviously be stupid for him to deny it in these circumstances.

Well you wouldn't if you're getting lawyers to handle stuff. You want to say as little as possible.
I'm assuming he was well aware he'd been sacked prior to going on air with Talkshite, find it amazing his team didn't tell him to lay low

If he's literally not sent these (alleged) messages, then I don't see why it would be an issue for him to say "I didn't do this."

As has been pointed out, the evidence must be damning for him to be sacked essentially immediately. It'd obviously be stupid for him to deny it in these circumstances.
It's a lose lose to confirm or deny it though.

Summary dismissal is usually a result of gross misconduct. An employer has a duty of care to other employees, so it's likely that he did something inappropriate with incontrovertible evidence (most likely text messages). As a result, an ad hoc investigation was conducted, and HR advised dismissing him with immediate effect.

But also, this could have been kept under wraps while a proper investigation was carried out, leading to his dismissal. Such matters must be kept confidential until a decision is made anyway. Either way, he’s been a wee creep.

Though I’d go with summary dismissal since his lawyers are looking at it. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s back on BBC, since it’s the BBC we’re talking about, and all feckery they’ve let go on over the years.

He had a statement about how everyone wanted him to fail during the World Cup Draw hosting ceremony, and how he showed everyone he could do it. Dear me.