Jermaine Jenas | Sacked by BBC

It's amazing how you can be such a big player in one form of media, and yet so utterly oblivious to other forms. You would think a massive broadcaster like the BBC, would have enough of even a passing understanding of social media, to be able to gauge how disliked he is.

There are few incidents I can remember in football, that have united fans from all levels, teams and places, as much as the satisfaction in seeing him lose his job today. Yet the Beeb were lining him to take over some of their biggest football gigs.

If they've sacked him immediately they must have some slam dunk evidence on him.

If they didn't, it would be a suspension pending investigation or something.

Absolutely shite pundit and commentator, it's amazing he got so many jobs and made so much money considering I never saw anyone say anything positive about him. Other pundits or commentators people don't like usually have some sort of fandom but he just seemed to exist in a way where everyone thought he was bland and a dickhead but they kept hiring him. Happy enough to see him taken off the air.

Rc0uhio.jpeg

The BBC dont fire someone simply for allegations. To a fault they dont. So for him to get the sack, when he's all over the network, this doesnt look good for Double J.

There once was a pundit called Jenas
Who WhatsApp’ed a colleague his penis
Intelligence he lacked
And he ended up sacked
“MOTD? Completed it mate” - Jay from Inbetweeners

Hopefully he’s engaging in a bit of self care tonight (not the kind he engaged in when he was sending those pics). I dunno. Maybe a pint of Budweiser in a rainy, empty pub beer garden on his own.

Wasn’t he supposed to be succeeding Lineker when Gary eventually calls it a day?

Never nice to see someone get fired but glad I won’t have to hear this guys voice on my tv again.

There once was a man named Jenas
Who texted colleagues his penis
An indefensible act
No one doubts that
But his punditry was even more heinous

(Well, not really. It's just a joke)

Reactions: Jippy
There once was a tosser called Jenas
On comms his opinions were egregious
Was so fecking bland
And a scourge on our land
But he's sacked now, he photo'd his ... dick.
(Maybe)
They were … henious!

Feel sorry if there were any victims, but this is great if he has been a naughty boy and been caught with his pants down so to speak. Feels good that for once it is someone not linked to United after the last few years.

Unsure why people dislike Jermaine Jenas so much here, he's not really a person I take much notice of.

These allegations are of course another matter entirely, but prior to this, he's just been a generally beige personality, so unsure why he evokes such a strong reaction. :confused:

Good riddance. Has always comes across as a right prat. He’ll be sat next to Andy Gray in Qatar in a few months no doubt.

I don't even know how he got to where he is in the punditry world in such short time. Sure wasn't meritocracy.

Unsure why people dislike Jermaine Jenas so much here, he's not really a person I take much notice of.

These allegations are of course another matter entirely, but prior to this, he's just been a generally beige personality, so unsure why he evokes such a strong reaction. :confused:
I thought the same thing. That said I don't watch the one show and I skip through the pundit section on MOTD. There are a lot of pundits, I think talk rubbish but never had any real feelings about Jenas, positive or negative.