Jermaine Jenas | Sacked by BBC

You’ll be hearing from him a lot more often now. Will be one of those with Abonglahor on talkSPORT mouthing off opinions for clicks.

I thought the same thing. That said I don't watch the one show and I skip through the pundit section on MOTD. There are a lot of pundits, I think talk rubbish but never had any real feelings about Jenas, positive or negative.
Have you ever heard him witter on as a co commentator? He never shuts up, ruins a game you are trying to listen to.
What ever he’s alleged to have done must have been bad if the BBC have fired him.
Good riddance I say MOD might be safe to watch again, well they just have to get rid of Lineker now,

Always seemed to have a snarky side to him and i hated his commentary style and so did his co pundits

Shit player as well

The fact this complete chancer has gotten so many jobs whilst James Richardson is basically ignored by the main stream football world is baffling to me.

Whenever his 'analysis' was on MOTD, I would always skip it, as he came across as very smarmy and lacking in football knowledge. However I assumed that was maybe just a personal preference of mine. Having read through a few comments on here, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who was irritated by him. Good riddance.

Unsure why people dislike Jermaine Jenas so much here, he's not really a person I take much notice of.

These allegations are of course another matter entirely, but prior to this, he's just been a generally beige personality, so unsure why he evokes such a strong reaction. :confused:
It's a strange one. Because I know what you mean, he seems like a milquetoast kind of character. I even quite liked him at first.

However I've grown to have an intense dislike of him in part because he's needlessly attacking Man Utd all the time. I feel that way about a lot of MOTD figures to be fair, Shearer and Lineker and Micah can't hide their shilling for the oil states, they take the coin and dance. But even this morning on Talksport he was apparently suggesting Ten Hag should be sacked by Christmas (???)

Well, looks like you didn't even make it to the end of the transfer window, Jenas.

Unsure why people dislike Jermaine Jenas so much here, he's not really a person I take much notice of.

These allegations are of course another matter entirely, but prior to this, he's just been a generally beige personality, so unsure why he evokes such a strong reaction. :confused:

He has been, and most definitely was, a beige personality. I think that is what drew so much ire, especially when it seemed he was being lined up as the next leading face of BBC football. In reality, he is (was) no more offensive or charismatic than a Michael Owen, but was positioned as some sort of groundbreaking new voice of youth culture, despite always seeming about 40 years old and being as on the pulse as a music ϟ band t-shirt.

Lingard will replace him at some point. The television loves them. The mediocre players who are good at social media, keeping their images and stuffs.

Lingard will replace him at some point. The television loves them. The mediocre players who are good at social media, keeping their images and stuffs.
I can see this happening for sure. Tom Cleverly is another similar type, hopefully his coaching career works out but if it doesn't then that's surely a possibility

He really was a terrible pundit anyway. Most of them are so he was always in good company. Could never understand why anyone thought him suitable for the one show either.

Quality control
Over promoted beyond any apparent ability, and most men are inherently suspicious of other men who align themselves as "feminist allies" etc. as we all know they're more than likely to be the kind of wronguns who would take advantage of a woman given half the chance. Sadly women don't seem to have worked this out yet.

GVmDh-MWAAA3ceb

He was arrogant for no apparent reason. He spoke as if he had a career of Zidane. Took himself way too seriously and just comes across as very unlikeable

His weird push by BBC and TNT to be on everything is also ridiculous. He is not funny, he is not a good host of anything and has nothing of note to say

Indeed. Richardson is fantastic and should be on far more media shows. Been brilliant since Gazetta Football Italia.
Him on that was about the best football punditry we've had in the country. Not sure why he never got into the mainstream.

Also Football Italia was on in the 1990s. I remember it getting record viewing figures when Diana died and the other channels blanket covered it.

This was just reported by one shite newspaper, I don't think it was ever likely to happen.
I always figured that being on the One show was an easy and friendly way for him to get better at presenting so he could then handle being the MOTD presenter.

Have you ever heard him witter on as a co commentator? He never shuts up, ruins a game you are trying to listen to.
What ever he’s alleged to have done must have been bad if the BBC have fired him.
Good riddance I say MOD might be safe to watch again, well they just have to get rid of Lineker now,
I have, though I think my problem is that I have so many pundits/commentators I'm not a fan of :lol:

He's in that list but doesn't stand out

Him on that was about the best football punditry we've had in the country. Not sure why he never got into the mainstream.

Also Football Italia was on in the 1990s. I remember it getting record viewing figures when Diana died and the other channels blanket covered it.
Yeah I loved it, between that and watching United every week it started my love affair of football. Probably why I've always had a soft spot for some Italian teams.

Makes me feel old :lol: but yeah I'm very fond of Richardson. I listen to that Totally Football show on podcast with him every week, it's good fun.

It's a strange one. Because I know what you mean, he seems like a milquetoast kind of character. I even quite liked him at first.

However I've grown to have an intense dislike of him in part because he's needlessly attacking Man Utd all the time. I feel that way about a lot of MOTD figures to be fair, Shearer and Lineker and Micah can't hide their shilling for the oil states, they take the coin and dance. But even this morning on Talksport he was apparently suggesting Ten Hag should be sacked by Christmas (???)

Well, looks like you didn't even make it to the end of the transfer window, Jenas.

He has been, and most definitely was, a beige personality. I think that is what drew so much ire, especially when it seemed he was being lined up as the next leading face of BBC football. In reality, he is (was) no more offensive or charismatic than a Michael Owen, but was positioned as some sort of groundbreaking new voice of youth culture, despite always seeming about 40 years old and being as on the pulse as a music ϟ band t-shirt.

Over promoted beyond any apparent ability, and most men are inherently suspicious of other men who align themselves as "feminist allies" etc. as we all know they're more than likely to be the kind of wronguns who would take advantage of a woman given half the chance. Sadly women don't seem to have worked this out yet.

GVmDh-MWAAA3ceb

He was arrogant for no apparent reason. He spoke as if he had a career of Zidane. Took himself way too seriously and just comes across as very unlikeable

His weird push by BBC and TNT to be on everything is also ridiculous. He is not funny, he is not a good host of anything and has nothing of note to say

Thanks all. Gives me some context, but still intriguing as this sort of undeserved good fortune applies to a good few modern day "celebrities" though, doesn't it?
The anti-United point is another that can be levelled at most pundits (including ours!). There's nothing that seems to really stand out with him to warrant evoking much of a reaction.

It's just odd to me that the man has 54 pages on the Caf, as I find him rather inconsequential, and he's just not someone I was aware people took much notice of.

Well, I've seen people write that if the BBC bothered to guage social media, they should have easily seen that he was intensely disliked. Maybe his effect on people factored into their thinking in hiring him in the first place! :lol:

Thanks all. Gives me some context, but still intriguing as this sort of undeserved good fortune applies to a good few modern day "celebrities" though, doesn't it?
The anti-United point is another that can be levelled at most pundits (including ours!). There's nothing that seems to really stand out with him to warrant evoking much of a reaction.

It's just odd to me that the man has 54 pages on the Caf, as I find him rather inconsequential, and he's just not someone I was aware people took much notice of.

Well, I've seen people write that if the BBC bothered to guage social media, they should have easily seen that he was intensely disliked. Maybe his effect on people factored into their thinking in hiring him in the first place! :lol:

I think a big part of it is that he was going to replace Linekar on MoTD and it's a national institution.

I genuinely think I could quote it word for word at this point, with all the mannerisms.
I'd call it genius if a comedian made this sketch. How is this real life?

coin coin coin coin coin

It's already taken over my life. Doubt I'll get anything done today.