Jermaine Jenas | Sacked by BBC

Unsolicited texts sent to a one show staff member they say. They being the tabloids.
Presumably offensive material, rather than just doing what everyone on social media has probably done before and tested the water sending someone you don't know that well a quick message to see if they're on your wave length or not.

You'd think he'd be aware of how lucky he was.

He's universally disliked anyway, and it's not like he was even this great former player. As others have said, the likes of Owen and Rio are shite pundits but they were also world class players in their prime. Jenas was a totally mediocre PL player that played for middling clubs like Newcastle and Spurs. He won almost nothing, played a handful of times for England during a really poor era for the national team, and didn't really do anything memorable. I think one of the best goals he ever scored came in a 6-2 defeat at home to us for example.

And yet he was given two really high profile presenting jobs, he should have been keeping his dead down and riding the gravy train for as long as possible. And now he's fecked it all up :lol:

You'd think he'd be aware of how lucky he was.

He's universally disliked anyway, and it's not like he was even this great former player. As others have said, the likes of Owen and Rio are shite pundits but they were also world class players in their prime. Jenas was a totally mediocre PL player that played for middling clubs like Newcastle and Spurs. He won almost nothing, played a handful of times for England during a really poor era for the national team, and didn't really do anything memorable. I think one of the best goals he ever scored came in a 6-2 defeat at home to us for example.

And yet he was given two really high profile presenting jobs, he should have been keeping his dead down and riding the gravy train for as long as possible. And now he's fecked it all up :lol:
This is the crazy thing. If I was him I would have insane imposter syndrome and just try to keep the public from realizing that I really had no place on TV. Quite apart from the fact that sending unsolicited explicit texts to anyone (allegedly) is NEVER cool, you'd think he'd have the self awareness to try to fly under the radar more broadly too.

This is the crazy thing. If I was him I would have insane imposter syndrome and just try to keep the public from realizing that I really had no place on TV. Quite apart from the fact that sending unsolicited explicit texts to anyone (allegedly) is NEVER cool, you'd think he'd have the self awareness to try to fly under the radar more broadly too.

You put it better and more succinctly than me. That's exactly it.

He should have been going back home every evening and just screaming in joy at another day getting away with it.

I remember Jermaine Jenas about a year ago, Jenas mask completely dropped on a stream I was watching. The main commentator "you never beat Man United in your career did you Jermaine" and Jenas responded "well we didnt have the referees on our side like they did." I remember thinking he was a clearly bitter cnut, and for someone who was supposed to be in a professional situation, it was vile. Absolute twat or a man.

say what you want about gammons and snowflakes, but this kind of thing didn’t happen when women weren’t allowed to work.

Poor wife and kids. The wifes hot too, what a bellend. Some people have no idea how good they have it.
y70j3bcMTjJk.gif

Poor wife and kids. The wifes hot too, what a bellend. Some people have no idea how good they have it.
Power and money goes to their heads. Think they're invincible. Still crazy though how many still do it even in the age of social media.

White, black, gay, straight, blind, crippled - we can all come together and rejoice in unity over the public downfall of this odious fecking cretin

All joking and bitterness at Jenas aside, there definitely needs to be more information on this whole thing.

To see if there's actually substance in this sacking or if it's the bbc trying to redeem themselves after all the Huw Edwards, Savile and no doubt many others they failed to properly deal with.

Still remember the rocket he scored against us when they lost 2-6 and the commentator screaming: Jenas by name, genious by nature
That was martin tyler, I also remember that very well. Etched into my Brain.

Average football player, below average pundit. Harasses female colleagues with unsolicited sexualised messages. Absolute clown.
... a random caf newbie was actually ITK?

Fair play. Pretty sure this is one of the omens of the end of days, mind.

It’s amazing how his sacking and hopeful downfall has brought the whole football world together:lol:

The allegations I've heard weren't actually related to The One Show. To paraphrase Laurie Whitwell, this is a "live situation".

I reckon this could snowball into a fully fledged pile on of complainants. He's been at it for years.

Imagine being given some of the best jobs in the industry continuously for absolutely no reason at all, I’d probably get a big head too.