Jermaine Jenas | Sacked by BBC

I imagine he's probably glad to be on talksport rather than at home with his wife.

Actually surprising and pretty impressive how he's managed to become so universally hated purely on the basis of being so boring.

Anyway RIP.

Jermaine Jenas career highlights:
1) Memorably hosted the UEFA draw for the FIFA World cu...European Soccer, FA thing....did that draw for the competition that I can't remember what it was.
2) Time when Mourinho randomly said he wanted to sign him for Inter Milan and no one could tell if he was joking or not and then we never found out as Inter Milan made no actual attempt to sign him and Mourinho never mentioned it again.
3) Playable character on PES 4
4) Probably nearly played for England a few times maybe.
5) Runner up in the BBC "most disgraced sacked public figure of Summer 2024" award

He must have been told he was sacked before now. Presumably didn’t think BBC would go public while he was on air!

Never really understood why BBC were so keen to push him anyway, he’s so bland and generally has poor opinions/observations as a pundit.

Who gets the gig then? Chapman and Logan can present but never played football. Richards is too excitable. Scott's a bit boring. Murphy or Shearer would lead to mass suicides.

We're not spoilt for choice.
They're going to give it to Gary, aren't they? (Where's the blindfold smiley :confused:)

Looked promising early on and some thought he was a genuine title threat...but it all blows up and he gets beaten into second in the BBC Perv of the year contest.

You can take the man out of Spurs...

Deserves it, easily one of the best sports presenters in the country.
He has a tendency to ask some really silly questions at times. Sort that no one who's played is asking and not the kind that produce any intriguing insight for viewers.

Dunno how the two lads on talkshite can sit there with a straight face, they have to know.

I sense a future career as a right wing conspiracy theorist grifter being prepared as we speak. He was just cancelled for telling the truth to the woke BBC guys!

Actually surprising and pretty impressive how he's managed to become so universally hated purely on the basis of being so boring.

Anyway RIP.

1) Memorably hosted the UEFA draw for the FIFA World cu...European Soccer, FA thing....did that draw for the competition that I can't remember what it was.
2) Time when Mourinho randomly said he wanted to sign him for Inter Milan and no one could tell if he was joking or not and then we never found out as Inter Milan made no actual attempt to sign him and Mourinho never mentioned it again.
5) Runner up in the BBC "most disgraced sacked public figure of Summer 2024" award
6)

Didn't he have a go at a co-pundit last week live on air?

Something about, "Didn't you listen? I already said that!"
He’s one of those people who tries really hard to present a nice guy facade but you can see behind his smug grin he’s a prick.

He’s one of those people who tries really hard to present a nice guy facade but you can see behind his smug grin he’s a prick.

My late dad was from Nottingham and a Forest fan, and we'd watch Forest games going back to the early 90's, and from day one he didn't like Jenas. He couldn't understand the hype and didn't like his attitude. He had this view that somehow Jenas just kept falling upwards his entire career, and he'd say to me, "I don't get it. What does he do?"

We'd watch him leave Forest to join Newcastle, play a lot of games, be completely average, and still get a move to Spurs and play yet hundreds more games, and we're still saying to each other, "I don't get it. How is he falling upwards from doing absolutely nothing?"

Jenas retired and he still kept falling upwards by being handpicked by the BBC to be the successor to Lineker. Absolutely baffling level of luck and fortune, despite being a grade A assclown.

Deserves it, easily one of the best sports presenters in the country.

Agreed. I always looked forward to his Sunday nights on MOTD2 and he's great on the American football as well.

Plus that burn on Dion Dublin during the cup draw that time was legendary!

So when is he scheduled on Barton's podcast to talk about cancel culture and boys will be boys?

New Conservative grifter incoming.

I think there's a different angle here worth considering. Many so called 'conservative' voices complain about the moral smugness of the left and Jenas typified that in many ways. Whether or not he should have risen so quickly (i personally dont think he was a good pundit), he used that status to box tick countless progressive off field topics (some worthy causes of course) - moralising to us about everything from racism, to social media, to the police, and of course being such a fantastic 'ally' to women. In some ways this just proves 'conservatives' right once again, to a degree. (just to be clear, I dont mean joey barton who is a muppet)

We see this countless times, from proud male feminists who have countless skeleteons in their closets, to the likes of doug emhoff who preaches about 'toxic masculinity' after paying for his child's teachers abortion. There are plenty of people who are deeply cynical about the pedestal so many 'progressives' are put on in the media, and they are very often proven right to be cynical.

Anyway RIP.

This is a really funny post.

See, I've always found him to be bland too, and perhaps this is contradictory, but also genuinely irritating and unlikeable. Leaving aside his consistent ability to be wrong about everything, he had a sort of petulant arrogance to confidently assert his terrible takes that made him so much worse than just a charisma vacuum.
Well said. He was simultaneously egregiously bland and aggressively irritating, seemingly AT ALL TIMES - like that's just who he was and the more emboldened and comfortable he felt, the more his horrid personality came through. Just came across as an insufferable person even before this news came out. Man just looked like an affable nice guy and that seemed to have been enough.

Reminds me of a real one eyed Liverpool fan I used to have the misfortune to work with.
The condoning the Suarez tshirts and related every Liverpool misdemeanour to a United player type.
We'd beaten them 3-0 and he was adamant they could have won on chances!

This is how I felt about him too. Always came across as rather arrogant and very confident in his opinions despite being wrong on a very regular basis.
Disclaimer: I can't watch BBC so I have no original opinion. But based on your description, sounds like he has a personality to have a successful career on social media :)

Unsolicited texts sent to a one show staff member they say. They being the tabloids.
"Hey, Jermaine here. You probably know me as the face of MOTD. Anyway, can I see your jermaine jean arse? Here's a dick pic"

*sends photo of his face*