Jermaine Jenas | Sacked by BBC

See, I've always found him to be bland too, and perhaps this is contradictory, but also genuinely irritating and unlikeable. Leaving aside his consistent ability to be wrong about everything, he had a sort of petulant arrogance to confidently assert his terrible takes that made him so much worse than just a charisma vacuum.
Ironic he has been sacked because he was probably hired in 1st place for being a safe/bland pundit as opposed to the opposite end if the spectrum (like a Joey Barton :lol:).

Such a shame there are few charismatic footy pundits out there who could replace Linekar. Let's see who is next.

Still remember the rocket he scored against us when they lost 2-6 and the commentator screaming: Jenas by name, genious by nature
Ahh was it that scouse loving nobber Green who kept trying to get a "jen-i-as" sort of pun going?

Sad news. Some of you lot celebrating his demise should give your head a wobble. I happen to think he's a great pundit and more importantly, a top bloke.

Searching for white text here.

Never delight in seeing someone lose their job but he certainly didn't like United and loved sticking the boot in.

But generally was just very average, yet for some absolutely unknown reason was championed as some kind of boy wonder pundit and at one stage was everywhere.

I've no idea how he ended up commentating in the first place. One of the worst ever.

Who gets the gig then? Chapman and Logan can present but never played football. Richards is too excitable. Scott's a bit boring. Murphy or Shearer would lead to mass suicides.

We're not spoilt for choice.

jermaine-jenas-banner.jpg.webp

They doing phone in's on the talksport show? If so, I'm surprised someone hasn't said something

Who gets the gig then? Chapman and Logan can present but never played football. Richards is too excitable. Scott's a bit boring. Murphy or Shearer would lead to mass suicides.

By the time Lineker goes, the tiny handful of fans who still watch MOTD will have finally realised there is no need to, with the utter awashness of hightlights and live football available online.

Shearer couldn't present a cat.

By the time Lineker goes, the tiny handful of fans who still watch MOTD will have finally realised there is no need to, with the utter awashness of hightlights and live football available online.

Between Lineker, Shearer, Danny Murphy, etc. BBC must be paying out upwards of £2.5m in salaries. Lineker alone is on £1.35m.

I’m waiting for the day they realise they could just show the highlights and drop the studio part completely and still get the same amount of viewers.

You always dreams these days will come but you never think they will. A national holiday is in order.

It's amazing that he gets awarded best women's sport ally and then gets discarded for alleged inappropriate behaviour towards women.

Between Lineker, Shearer, Danny Murphy, etc. BBC must be paying out upwards of £2.5m in salaries. Lineker alone is on £1.35m.

I’m waiting for the day they realise they could just show the highlights and drop the studio part completely and still get the same amount of viewers.
I'm somewhat sceptical of the idea Danny Murphy is getting the big bucks.

See, I've always found him to be bland too, and perhaps this is contradictory, but also genuinely irritating and unlikeable. Leaving aside his consistent ability to be wrong about everything, he had a sort of petulant arrogance to confidently assert his terrible takes that made him so much worse than just a charisma vacuum.
This is how I felt about him too. Always came across as rather arrogant and very confident in his opinions despite being wrong on a very regular basis.

No evidence, cancel culture, trial by social media, could have been rolep…..

Ah we’ll just not bother this time because we don’t like him.