Jermaine Jenas | Sacked by BBC

Still remember the rocket he scored against us when they lost 2-6 and the commentator screaming: Jenas by name, genious by nature

Sad news. Some of you lot celebrating his demise should give your head a wobble. I happen to think he's a great pundit and more importantly, a top bloke.

There’s been rumours for a while that he harasses female colleagues with unsolicited sexualised messages. Would fit with the inappropriate behaviour line and be easy enough to prove.

Also if the colleagues aren't under legal age then he's going against BBC policy for covering it up/hoping no one notices for a few decades.

The segment he is doing right now is called 'Jermaine in the membrane'. If this is his last show, at least he went out true to himself - being a cringemonster.

Reactions: sizzling sausages
How do we write in to TNT Sports to get him taken off that too?

Better than any transfer news. Never thought to live this day. Can’t stand him.

I still don't understand how anyone working in TV went "yeah, he'll make a good presenter". I don't even dislike him, he's just so bland. Watching him is a bit like watching commercials clearly not aimed at you.

Here's an example of the first class analysis and insight we've come to expect from the man. He will be sorely missed as a pundit and is an all round top bloke.

Yeah he's just carrying on hosting live. He's on air till 7pm.
You can't break it to him now, he's doing crucial work that cannot be compromised. Like an astronaut on the moon whose family has died.

Sad news. Some of you lot celebrating his demise should give your head a wobble. I happen to think he's a great pundit and more importantly, a top bloke.
Can't even be a top bloke without being fired for inappropriate behaviour these days.

Here's an example of the first class analysis and insight we've come to expect from the man. He will be sorely missed as a pundit and is an all round top bloke.

This is your number one fan, this is Stan.#topbloke

Surprised he's still hosting a show while it's announced. The beeb wouldn't have fired him on the spot without speaking to him first - it would be a HR nightmare.

Can't even be a top bloke without being fired for inappropriate behaviour these days.
Nothing wrong with a harmless bit of groping. Political correctness gone mad. These days if you say you’re English you get arrested and thrown in jail.

I mean tbf, he's going to have known before he went on air with talksport. They would have to go through the whole investigation process and inform him formally before they actually sacked him, and he'd have probably known informally before then that he was effectively screwed.

Why am I not surprised the so-called squeaky clean looking ones are the ones who are up to no good? Those videos of Richard Keys and Andy Gray made me cynical towards pundits in general.

It’s even worse now for the current day heads as they have to do the whole ‘respect diversity’ thing these days and be upfront about it as part of the broadcasts, where as when Keys and Gray were there it wasn’t as present.

‘Women need to be respected in football and by the way send me nudes and I will smash’

I mean...come on, look at BBC's track record! Jenas probably refused to touch a child or something.

Now that the insufferable boredom of Jenas is gone, we can look forward more to the far more exciting punditry of his charismatic colleagues, such as Alan Shearer and that one with the generic hair who used to play for Hull for a bit.

He's talking about Eddie Howe as potential England manager, as if none of this is happening.:lol:

I'm not allowed to post links but you can watch it live on their youtube channel. It's a bit surreal that they are just carrying on as normal.
Maybe nobody's told the cnut :lol:

He's talking about Eddie Howe as potential England manager, as if none of this is happening.:lol:

I'm not allowed to post links but you can watch it live on their youtube channel. It's a bit surreal that they are just carrying on as normal.

Well comments are turned off.. so not as normal.

I knew someone that worked as a runner on the "Match of the day X-tra" they did to try and appeal to "da yoof" He was very much being groomed to takeover from Gary Lineker as the face of football on the beeb. I always felt he was pale and insipid as a presenter but he appealed a lot to the "focus group" type of fans.

This won't be a case of a few "near the knuckle" texts for them to have decided to very publicly bin him off. I suspect much more details will come out soon!

Whatever he's done aside, he's was bloody awful as a commentator! Couldn't stand the guy.

Having said that, I'm not surprised he's done something dodgy. He looked like the sort that would finger the lettuce at the Pizza Hut Salad bar.

Never thought much of his punditry and could stand him on The One Show (mind you, can't stand that bit of fluff at all)

I still don't understand how anyone working in TV went "yeah, he'll make a good presenter". I don't even dislike him, he's just so bland. Watching him is a bit like watching commercials clearly not aimed at you.
See, I've always found him to be bland too, and perhaps this is contradictory, but also genuinely irritating and unlikeable. Leaving aside his consistent ability to be wrong about everything, he had a sort of petulant arrogance to confidently assert his terrible takes that made him so much worse than just a charisma vacuum.

This is his Churchillian moment. His finest 3 hours.
"I would say to the Director-General, as I said to those who have joined this organisation: 'I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat explicit photos of minors, shite punditry and photos of my backside."