Jarrad Branthwaite

If we are making a second offer, surely we have been given some assurances that there is a deal to be done.

Yeah, I'm expecting another bid imminently, then if it doesn't get accepted, one last bid before June ends that will be at our limit of around ~50m if I had to guess, if that one still isn't enough for Everton, we move onto other centre halves in July.

This is going to be an all summer long saga, isnt it?

4th bid, of £60 mil will get this done at the end of August is my prediction.

Less than they want, more than you want to pay. Both sides annoyed in a perfect compromise.

That is certainly how I would have expected it to play out in any of the previous 10 summer windows - a three-month long saga with United ultimately folding and coughing up more-or-less the same minimum fee that Everton were asking for back in May, would be fairly typical. I'm vaguely hopeful (blind hope, really) that the Ineos exec appointments will have a little more market nous and will move on quickly (and definitively) to other targets if/when it becomes clear that Everton won't entertain a cut-price move for < £50m.

Mount, De Jong, Sancho, Maguire/AWB. Now Branthwaite.

Waste the first 6 weeks of every summer being held to ransom for a player, usually an English one. Only way the club knows how to operate.

Haven't we said we're going to move on if they don't negotiate? Seems a bit premature to be making this link. At the same time we are/have been quite obviously speaking to other players too (Todibo, Zirkzee, Yoro that we know of thus far)

But we cant sign Todibo and Yoro isnt interested. Cant even negotiate properly with Everton because there's no real fallback option.

Reminiscent of trying to negotiate with Chelsea for Mount without there being any actual alternative to signing him, despite so many similar (better) potential players around.

Think you are jumping the gun a bit

But we cant sign Todibo and Yoro isnt interested. Cant even negotiate properly with Everton because there's no real fallback option.

Reminiscent of trying to negotiate with Chelsea for Mount without there being any actual alternative to signing him, despite so many similar (better and cheaper) potential players around.
There are quite a few alternatives.

This is going to be an all summer long saga, isnt it?

4th bid, of £60 mil will get this done at the end of August is my prediction.

Less than they want, more than you want to pay. Both sides annoyed in a perfect compromise.

Worth the wait for our new Rio Ferdinand.

50-55 plus add-ons to get this done and move on. Anything less will be refused regardless of Everton’s finances. They’ll find another way rather than feeling ripped off for a player they’d obviously like to keep and build around for another season or two. Taking inflation into account It seems a fair price to me if he’s potentially as good as I think he could be. If he’s not we can still sell him for a decent fee in a few years.

So we’ve resorted to that idiots videos?

To be fair to the posters who have doubts, it’s a lot of money. White and Stones had shown more for around the same price. There are question marks but if he can keep developing at the same rate until he peaks he’ll be a good player. He might even be a brilliant player. He already has a lot going for him despite being so young.

To be fair to the posters who have doubts, it’s a lot of money. White and Stones had shown more for around the same price. There are question marks but if he can keep developing at the same rate until he peaks he’ll be a good player. He might even be a brilliant player. He already has a lot going for him despite being so young.

Everton fans think the opposite regarding Branthwaite and Stones.

Move on already ffs

The asking price is only worth it if he somehow becomes the next Ferdinand, but it's rarely work out that way. Looks more Maguire than Ferdinand.

He doesn’t make many dribbles per game and when he does 33% success rate (which is low), add in copyright rules and fact he’s playing for Dyche, it was like finding a needle in a haystack. Am sure there will be some more positive footage out there but obviously as a United fan I went into it with excitement but ended up disheartened.
Your analysis are spot on. He isn’t a modern centre back at all. I don’t know how he earned the reputation of being a good passer. He’s not nor he is a progressive defender. All I see is a poor man’s Harry Maguire in most of the categories.

Anyone disagreeing or accusing you of bias would come to terms with reality soon if we end up signing him.

He doesn’t need to be a brilliant passer, where does that come from?

too many of you look for the perfect player in every position now, it’s crazy

Your analysis are spot on. He isn’t a modern centre back at all. I don’t know how he earned the reputation of being a good passer. He’s not nor he is a progressive defender. All I see is a poor man’s Harry Maguire in most of the categories.

Anyone disagreeing or accusing you of bias would come to terms with reality soon if we end up signing him.
He's a very old school defender.

What do you mean by progressive defender? I genuinely laughed when I read that because it is just confusing. He is a defender and his job is to defend. Do you think Vidic was a great passer?

You don't need two ridiculously technical, ball-playing centre backs to be a successful team. You need a partnership that works, and it is almost impossible to tell who will work together before they actually play together.

Varane worked brilliantly with Martinez, and he was mediocre on the ball for us. He had his moments when he could drive forward with the ball, but his passing was not good at all, but they made it work very well.

Whatever happened to the "we're ready to move on to other targets" briefing from the other week? Were we just bluffing and Everton called it?

Whatever happened to the "we're ready to move on to other targets" briefing from the other week? Were we just bluffing and Everton called it?

We are not really doing anything before July 1st so I wouldn't sweat it. We are waiting to see if Everton panic and drop the asking to meet some financial target ahead of the June 30th deadline and failing that I expect we will start to see concrete bids for other targets. The transfer market has barely got moving yet other than the PSR threatened clubs doing their little swap-a-thon on the weekend after finding the latest loophole they can exploit.

Maybe we are? Journalists haven’t called anything major in advance since SJR came in.

Anyway I‘m not sure a lot happens (transfer wise) until next week, when we get to July 1st and the 21-22 season loss drops away.

He doesn’t need to be a brilliant passer, where does that come from?

too many of you look for the perfect player in every position now, it’s crazy

With the price Everton want he needs to be fantastic. Which, from what I have seen, he isn't.

If we’re going to get him let’s at least make it quick so he starts pre season training as early as possible and not after the season starts.

It's crazy how people take one YouTube video as gospel when it's been handpicked to critique him.

Once again, overrated english player that is valued far from his quality. He is talent and should be worth no more than £15-20m. Give them that and if they don't accept just let it be. We don't want to overpay like we often do.

Once again, overrated english player that is valued far from his quality. He is talent and should be worth no more than £15-20m. Give them that and if they don't accept just let it be. We don't want to overpay like we often do.
No need to exaggerate the other way. There's no world in which branthwaite moves for 20 million.