Jarrad Branthwaite

He doesn’t make many dribbles per game and when he does 33% success rate (which is low), add in copyright rules and fact he’s playing for Dyche, it was like finding a needle in a haystack. Am sure there will be some more positive footage out there but obviously as a United fan I went into it with excitement but ended up disheartened.
This just sounds like confirming the stats rather than actually trying to understand them in context though if you can't get the footage? I'm pretty sure you put a vid of their friendly with Villarreal, in the dribbling section, which seems a bit mad to use as example.

This just sounds like confirming the stats rather than actually trying to understand them in context though if you can't get the footage? I'm pretty sure you put a vid of their friendly with Villarreal, in the dribbling section, which seems a bit mad to use as example.

In the video, we place every stat into context. I.e. long pass accuracy is low, so we have to bear in mind, Dyche-ball.. more likely to hit clearances and not be encouraged to play out on floor, therefore accuracy is likely to be lower. Bearing that in mind, we pore through footage to see how good his switches of play are etc long balls in behind, into channels to guage his technique.

Same is done for dribbling and all other attributes. We use full 90s and Wyscout. It was very difficult to find examples of great footwork dribbling. Bear in mind we do other reviews as well, so we can tell if it is hard to find due to player simply lacking in that attribute relative to other defenders. Trust me it wouldn't have been as hard to find good dribbling clips of a young John Stones for example or a Guehi for example.

Why are you angry at me? Making a YouTube video doesn't mean you're a god of football opinion.

The majority of Everton fans who watch him week out rate him very highly. That's all that matters to me and all that matters to me is he plays well for the club I support and if not, we sell him for a good fee.

You played crap football all year and nearly got relegated. You're rating him against the rest of the shite in the Everton team, against that lot he's going to stand out.

He's bang average, another Maguire.

We need CB, but I am not convinced by him. He looks "old school" for me.

Should have keept Varane for one more year and told ETH to play him just in EPL.

Must watch for United fans... seriously worried if we sign him.

Disappointed in this video; I normally like most of your videos but I think you’re underestimating the lad and his potential. I found it weird why you’d start with attacking stats and dribbling. Why are we worried about how his long shots looks? It’s a CB. I want to know is he a good tackler; is he a good header, is he quick etc

you’re running him down for his passing when compared to Martinez who is one of the elite passers from the back. It’s not a fair comparison for an 21 year old.

All the things you’re criticizing, you’re giving him credit in most of the defensive things so I find the clickbait “Must watch for United fans... seriously worried if we sign him.” very disappointing.

edit: I see someone else said they felt the bias from the video. Agreed 100%. That’s the word I was looking for. It felt like you were digging as deep as you needed to find something to be critical off.

Last edited:
You played crap football all year and nearly got relegated. You're rating him against the rest of the shite in the Everton team, against that lot he's going to stand out.

You know full well they'd have been nowhere near relegation if not for their deduction. Also how many Everton games did you watch last season?

Please move on United. This guy just isn’t worth the money.
I think it's ok to just leave them an offer on the table and then move on, come back in with this rumoured 45m ish bid and just say it's there if you want it and move onto other targets. If they don't need to sell, they don't need to sell but I get the impression a lot of clubs think if they just hold out, United always come in with silly offers late on and that reputation will take a few transfer windows to go away.

Disappointed in this video; I normally like most of your videos but I think you’re underestimating the lad and his potential. I found it weird why you’d start with attacking stats and dribbling. Why are we worried about how his long shots looks? It’s a CB. I want to know is he a good tackler; is he a good header, is he quick etc

On the project file I have as a template, it had the sections in a certain way so I didn't shift them around to put the goalscoring at the end as was pushed for time. Header, tackling is all in there and have their own sections.

If you think I am underestimating him, that is your own opinion and you're entitled to it - but I didn't go into this with any intention to be negative. I go into every video with an open mind and as I mentioned, with United - I go into it with excitement to see if we are getting a potential gem. Reminder that Southgate didn't even consider him worthy of Euro's squad especially when we short of options which was a big red flag, and step up from Everton to Man United is massive. United fans need to temper their expectations even withstanding my take on it.

Add to this, no other serious big club is even looking at him compared to Yoro.

On the project file I have as a template, it had the sections in a certain way so I didn't shift them around to put the goalscoring at the end as was pushed for time. Header, tackling is all in there and have their own sections.

If you think I am underestimating him, that is your own opinion and you're entitled to it - but I didn't go into this with any intention to be negative. I go into every video with an open mind and as I mentioned, with United - I go into it with excitement to see if we are getting a potential gem. Reminder that Southgate didn't even consider him worthy of Euro's squad especially when we short of options which was a big red flag, and step up from Everton to Man United is massive. United fans need to temper their expectations even withstanding my take on it.

I don't think this holds much weight. The guy brought Dunk who's had a pretty awful season. Who knows where his priorities lied?

Tired of clubs quoting us insane prices because they know we will buckle and eventually pay it.

If they refuse to budge then we can simply move on to other targets. Show the world we're not suckers in the transfer market anymore.

Simakan
Bremer
Pavlovic

The defenders are out there. We just need to be able to identify the right fit for the club.

I think we could bring in Simakan and Pavlovic to battle it out for RCB and both would cost 70m combined.
Simakan's release clause is at 60m and valid from 2025, so he's pretty expensive. Pavlovic (who is left-footed) looks similar to Branthwaite, but with better passing. I agree we should consider bringing him, since he won't cost more than 15m I reckon.

I wouldn’t put my credit to Southgate’s views. He rates Philips ffs.

Yoro is the name on lips because he looks like a Varane regen at 18.

I think you’ve let your bias seep through on this video and I don’t normally feel that way from watching. Your clickbait title was certainly over the top

Must watch for United fans... seriously worried if we sign him.

Jeez, that's unflattering.

Looks so ungainly, especially with the ball.

But he's still so young and seems to be a specimen, maybe a purely defensively role could be carved out for him in a top team.

I don't think this holds much weight. The guy brought Dunk who's had a pretty awful season. Who knows where his priorities lied?

Thats the thing though, I rate Dunk higher (and I think he's bang average).

In the video, we place every stat into context. I.e. long pass accuracy is low, so we have to bear in mind, Dyche-ball.. more likely to hit clearances and not be encouraged to play out on floor, therefore accuracy is likely to be lower. Bearing that in mind, we pore through footage to see how good his switches of play are etc long balls in behind, into channels to guage his technique.

Same is done for dribbling and all other attributes. We use full 90s and Wyscout. It was very difficult to find examples of great footwork dribbling. Bear in mind we do other reviews as well, so we can tell if it is hard to find due to player simply lacking in that attribute relative to other defenders. Trust me it wouldn't have been as hard to find good dribbling clips of a young John Stones for example or a Guehi for example.
I get that, it just feels very odd someone's gone out their way to get a clip from a pre season friendly of him losing the ball dribbling, but struggles to find a decent vid of that 33%? I don't think anyone is expecting him to be a John stones, just a bit more of a fair shake, that's all.

I wouldn’t put my credit to Southgate’s views. He rates Philips ffs.

Yoro is the name on lips because he looks like a Varane regen at 18.

I think you’ve let your bias seep through on this video and I don’t normally feel that way from watching. Your clickbait title was certainly over the top

Southgate has rarely got defenders wrong. He's clueless when it comes to the midfield region and anything in an attacking sense.

Exactly and Man United should be signing elite elite young talent, the moment you start accepting a drop in standards... well look where the club currently is. I don't see why you have to use the word 'bias' just because we have different opinions, seems like it is yourself who is letting bias cloud your judgement instead.

I get that, it just feels very odd someone's gone out their way to get a clip from a pre season friendly of him losing the ball dribbling, but struggles to find a decent vid of that 33%? I don't think anyone is expecting him to be a John stones, just a bit more of a fair shake, that's all.

Well feel free to get a scouting account and build a compilation of his dribbling. I assure you it won't be easy to find.

Jeez, that's unflattering.

Looks so ungainly, especially with the ball.

But he's still so young and seems to be a specimen, maybe a purely defensively role could be carved out for him in a top team.
His agility really worries me. If we're pairing him with Martinez mobility may become an issue.

You know full well they'd have been nowhere near relegation if not for their deduction. Also how many Everton games did you watch last season?

I've seen quite a bit of Everton this year because Match of the Day and SkySports love a relegation battle.

Deductions aside, you didn't play well all season, let's not pretend you're top 6 candidates because you got a win over Liverpool. The fact remains, you were in that relegation situation because you weren't good enough to get out of it quicker.

Branthwaite is not worth anywhere near the £70m Everton are quoting. They are simply being greedy, adding extra £10ms here and there because he's English...he might have potential...Southgate didn't even pick him for the Euros and he's a defensive manager, that says something.

He's worth £30 - 40m, top whack. As other people have said, there are better targets United could go for that cost £30-40m.

By your reckoning I'd say Mainoo is worth £120m right now. He won a cup, he's playing European football next season, he's at the Euros and he's English.

We didn't nearly get relegated. We finished 14 points clear of relegation with deductions and 22 points without them. I'm rating him by watching football.

We weren't even near relegation with the deductions. We finished 14 points clear of Luton.

I've seen quite a bit of Everton this year because Match of the Day and SkySports love a relegation battle.

Deductions aside, you didn't play well all season, let's not pretend you're top 6 candidates because you got a win over Liverpool. The fact remains, you were in that relegation situation because you weren't good enough to get out of it quicker.

Branthwaite is not worth anywhere near the £70m Everton are quoting. They are simply being greedy, adding extra £10ms here and there because he's English...he might have potential...Southgate didn't even pick him for the Euros and he's a defensive manager, that says something.

He's worth £30 - 40m, top whack. As other people have said, there are better targets United could go for that cost £30-40m.

By your reckoning I'd say Mainoo is worth £120m right now. He won a cup, he's playing European football next season, he's at the Euros and he's English.

You're talking complete shite.

His agility really worries me. If we're pairing him with Martinez mobility may become an issue.
He seems to be quite fast however so in a recovery role he could be quite useful alongside martinez with latter pushing forward and the former mopping up mistakes.

Whether it would be up to the task for a world class side I have no idea.

Southgate has rarely got defenders wrong. He's clueless when it comes to the midfield region and anything in an attacking sense.

Exactly and Man United should be signing elite elite young talent, the moment you start accepting a drop in standards... well look where the club currently is. I don't see why you have to use the word 'bias' just because we have different opinions, seems like it is yourself who is letting bias cloud your judgement instead.
Rather than doubling down and becoming defensive yourself, would you not take onboard the several replies to you on this video? You don’t generally get criticism from this board, yet today you’ve several. Does that not tell you to consider it?

We can kick and scream all we want, but he's tied to a long-term contract, and if Everton have set a high valuation then so be it.

Decent player, potentially a top player - but he isn't the only one - time to move on..

I’m not an Everton fan, I’m just arguing the point because everything you’re saying a very basic way to think about things. It’s never just as simple as “this player did this so they’re worth this”.

I think your vid has been edited a bit too much to make him out to be more of a liability than he is but I agree with this in general and I have my doubts on this guy. I think he's solid, I think he'll have a decent career but with Martinez we need someone far more agile/quick off the mark.

You watch these Euros and the player quality is all over the place but there is talent everywhere and I honestly think there must be so many good, technical young CBs coming through now across the continents (and even broader) and there's no way we should be paying a big fee for him.

Tbf your thumbnails are usually quite neutral even if your opinion on the player isn’t great. Adding Brexit to the title is a bit odd.

He seems to be quite fast however so in a recovery role he could be quite useful alongside martinez with latter pushing forward and the former mopping up mistakes.

Whether it would be up to the task for a world class side I have no idea.
He may be pretty quick when he gets going. However he seems to be pretty slow turning and obviously accelerating (long legs). IMO if we're to get a partner for Martinez we need to cover all of his physical flaws. There are lots of CBs on the market nowadays - so I would prefer to move on from Branthwaite (if we can't get him on the cheap).

Well feel free to get a scouting account and build a compilation of his dribbling. I assure you it won't be easy to find.

Well played that clickbait thumbnail really generated a stir :lol:

70m definitely too much for him, but he is actually a decent defender

you’re running him down for his passing when compared to Martinez who is one of the elite passers from the back. It’s not a fair comparison for an 21 year old.

All the things you’re criticizing, you’re giving him credit in most of the defensive things so I find the clickbait “Must watch for United fans... seriously worried if we sign him.” very disappointing.

edit: I see someone else said they felt the bias from the video. Agreed 100%. That’s the word I was looking for. It felt like you were digging as deep as you needed to find something to be critical off.
Does anyone really pay attention to these videos though?
I posted one of Onana where it showed a load of mistakes before we signed him and most of the replies were that all GKs make mistakes but he will transform the way we play.
It was only when he actually played for us that people realised he wasn't that good.

Does anyone really pay attention to these videos though?
I posted one of Onana where it showed a load of mistakes before we signed him and most of the replies were that all GKs make mistakes but he will transform the way we play.
It was only when he actually played for us that people realised he wasn't that good.

The club and lots of people on here love signing overhyped players for big money, especially if they're English. AWB, Maguire, Sancho.. and then the likes of Mount and Antony everyone was saying were good signings when I was saying they'd both be be bad. The concept of scouting and signing players for good value is completely foreign to most who just want that quick dopamine hit of spending £70m and thinking that solves all our problems.