Jarrad Branthwaite

The club and lots of people on here love signing overhyped players for big money, especially if they're English. AWB, Maguire, Sancho.. and then the likes of Mount and Antony everyone was saying were good signings when I was saying they'd both be be bad. The concept of scouting and signing players for good value is completely foreign to most who just want that quick dopamine hit of spending £70m and thinking that solves all our problems.
Big money or big rep signings rarely work out for us, certainly recently anyway.

The club and lots of people on here love signing overhyped players for big money, especially if they're English. AWB, Maguire, Sancho.. and then the likes of Mount and Antony everyone was saying were good signings when I was saying they'd both be be bad. The concept of scouting and signing players for good value is completely foreign to most who just want that quick dopamine hit of spending £70m and thinking that solves all our problems.
I haven’t seen anyone here encourage spending 70m

Move on, no where near good enough and definitely not for that price. There’s no shortage of CB’s we could get who are already better than him and cheaper.

Sign him up

Along with Mainoo, Garnacho, Hojlund he can be part of a talented young core to our team

All of the successful United teams have been built on youth and it's been abandoned a bit in recent years

Well feel free to get a scouting account and build a compilation of his dribbling. I assure you it won't be easy to find.
Not really what I was getting at. Was only that's someone had gone into a full 90 of a friendly to get that clip, but couldn't find one video of his successful dribbles. Seemed overkill.

-About Branthwaite's ability

-About United's attractiveness in the market

-About how other clubs' interest was "made up" because the player ultimately signed for us

-About how Pep and City fake an interest in some players to manipulate us into overpaying for them :lol:

Just utter tripe these last 5 pages

-About Branthwaite's ability

-About United's attractiveness in the market

-About how other clubs' interest was "made up" because the player ultimately signed for us

-About how Pep and City fake an interest in some players to manipulate us into overpaying for them :lol:

Just utter tripe these last 5 pages
Well what arguments are his ability do you dispute? What specifically?

What examples of us being attractive do you have?

I'm sick of English clubs riding utd. We get peanuts for players and have to pay over the odds for potential. Feck off Everton. Keep him and let's move on.

When you go to Car Dealership and like the look of the sexy car, you ask how much it is. The car is a lot more than you are prepared to pay.

Don't stand there trying to get them to bring it down, walk away and buy the Ford KA instead. Don't waste your time and don't waste their time.

Well what arguments are his ability do you dispute? What specifically?

What examples of us being attractive do you have?

Probably no point in going into this, but just regarding what was discussed in the last few pages:

Hojlund was very much preferred to Kolo Muani and Ramos by PSG. Only when it was clear the Dane would join United did they start pursuing the other two.

The interest from City in Maguire, Sánchez and Fred was confirmed by reliable sources at the time.

Martínez rejected Arsenal for United.

Gakpo wanted to join, but we couldn't go for him due to financial issues.

Liverpool and Arsenal were both interested in Mount.

Timber stayed at Ajax in 2022 because LvG scared him into staying. Then, 1 year later we weren't interested anymore.

These things have been known for months and years, if you actually read Athletic articles and info from reliable outlets. @saik and @iamdpef are completely right and dispelled these myths very well.

But certain posters will believe what they want to believe, and comfortably leave out stuff that doesn't suit their agenda, so like I said, probably no point in going into this.

Regarding Branthwaite, people saying things like "he's nowhere near good enough" or "even 35m is too much" is just so wide off the mark, but everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course

Probably no point in going into this, but just regarding what was discussed in the last few pages:

Hojlund was very much preferred to Kolo Muani and Ramos by PSG. Only when it was clear the Dane would join United did they start pursuing the other two.

The interest from City in Maguire, Sánchez and Fred was confirmed by reliable sources at the time.

Timber stayed at Ajax in 2022 because LvG scared him into staying. Then, 1 year later we weren't interested anymore.

These things have been known for months and years, if you actually read Athletic articles and info from reliable outlets. @saik and @iamdpef are completely right and dispelled these myths very well.

But certain posters will believe what they want to believe, and comfortably leave out stuff that doesn't suit their agenda, so like I said, probably no point in going into this.

Regarding Branthwaite, people saying things like "he's nowhere near good enough" or "even 35m is too much" is just so wide off the mark, but everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course

Good post. Will probably be completely ignored.

Branthwaite, people saying things like "he's nowhere near good enough" or "even 35m is too much" is just so wide off the mark, but everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course
Is he good enough?

How much is he worth?

Is he good enough?

How much is he worth?

For me, he's one of the best possible options from the players that are available this summer. I don't know what he's worth. If it was up to me, 50-55m would be my limit, maybe 60 but that's pushing it a bit. Would like to see some relatively easily achievable add-ons to be included in the deal if we are willing to go above 50m.

Yea there's this thing going on in people's heads that when a signing doesn't work out they automatically think that there's no chance other big clubs would have signed him and so confirm to themselves that those clubs were never seriously interested in those players.

If anyone wants further proof regarding City's interest in Sanchez, their Owner/Chairman literally says himself they went for him twice. Once in the summer and once in winter when we eventually signed him. It's in their All or Nothing documentary .

He is already very good for his age and still has a very high potential ceiling. For 50M tops, we should make him a Man United player. He reminds me of an old school Stuart Pearce, aggression and tackling wise who took no shite from opposing strikers

I'd be OK with the signing if we could get him for an 'acceptable fee'. Which, while subjective is, for me, no higher than £50m - unless anything that takes it higher are (sadly) unlikely add ons like us winning the PL/CL anytime soon.

Anything higher than that and I'd rather us look elsewhere. What I don't want us to do is to continue our tendency of overspending on signings and pretty much giving away players when we sell them. So I don't want us to in effect give away Maguire and Lindelof (though I don't expect a lot for him) and then overpay out of desperation for replacements. I'd rather keep Maguire for next season than flog him cheaply and hugely overpay on Branthwaite.

Sky reporting Newcastle have pulled out of the DCL deal.... a flicker of life in this deal yet perhaps?

Sky reporting Newcastle have pulled out of the DCL deal.... a flicker of life in this deal yet perhaps?

Nah. Everton seemingly don't need the money as much as some people (including United, perhaps) thought they did and we don't have £65m+ to spend on a CB. I very much doubt this transfer will happen. Not the end of the world - we took a bit of a punt going in with a lowball offer and at least now United gets to publicly show that they will walk away from a deal they perceive to be overpriced (which is not something we've done enough of in recent years and might help us strike deals later in the window).

Martinez joined because he was another one of Eric's long list of ex players joining us. Everything else you mentioned can't be proved and doesn't mean anything anyway.

Nah. Everton seemingly don't need the money as much as some people (including United, perhaps) thought they did and we don't have £65m+ to spend on a CB. I very much doubt this transfer will happen. Not the end of the world - we took a bit of a punt going in with a lowball offer and at least now United gets to publicly show that they will walk away from a deal they perceive to be overpriced (which is not something we've done enough of in recent years and might help us strike deals later in the window).
If they weren’t desperate for money they wouldn’t be resorting to cheating the system.

Is there no young French centre back who is better and not playing for PSG?

Yeah I highly doubt this is happening - but there might be a whiff of life for now at least...

We need to make a 2nd bid and if that is rejected then just move on. We can't keep repeating a trend of chasing a player through summer and then overpaying at the end.

We need to make a 2nd bid and if that is rejected then just move on. We can't keep repeating a trend of chasing a player through summer and then overpaying at the end.

This is an issue that should be top of our agenda; avoiding sagas. Either get it done quickly, or move it along as we can't waste summer after summer chasing rainbows.

Martinez joined because he was another one of Eric's long list of ex players joining us. Everything else you mentioned can't be proved and doesn't mean anything anyway.

So reports from the most reliable journalists in the world are irrelevant and can't be proven, but uninformed doom-and-gloom whining posters claiming Pep and City manipulate United into overpaying for bad players is a real thing. That's Redcafe for you.

This is going to be an all summer long saga, isnt it?

4th bid, of £60 mil will get this done at the end of August is my prediction.

Less than they want, more than you want to pay. Both sides annoyed in a perfect compromise.