Jarrad Branthwaite

This is dead as a dodo with all the book cooking currently going on.

With Todibo not happening as well, this is not a great start to the summer

Interesting to see where we pivot to now seeing as the 3 main CBs we are targeting won't get done.

Give them 60 million pounds for Branthwaite.

+ let them pick either Maguire or Lindelof.

sounds pretty fair as 10m pounds is a fair valuation for either one of our CBs.
Watching Obama tonight for Belgium iI’d rather give Everton £50-55m for him and look to sign a couple of different profile Ce the backs for £30-35m each. Onana looks like he can go up 2 or 3 gears and be a cheat code as a DM.

If we're offering £45m+ for someone.. it should be Onana. Guy has it all and would balance well with Mainoo.

It just annoys me every summer we spend £50m, a good chunk of our budget, on a CB. We could sign prime Rio Ferdinand but we'd still have a Casemiro sized hole in midfield, a very young and/or unproductive front line.

I think we really need to start shopping in the £20m market for CBs, because our value from all the money we've spent on CBs has been terrible. Arsenal signed Gabriel and Saliba in that range. Nathan went to Napoli for less. Spending £50m+ is dumb and it's getting annoying really.

I don't get it. Isn't he a LCB like Martinez? Why would be spend a huge chunk of our transfer budget on a backup player?
He can play both RCB and LCB and is two footed

This won't happen. United were banking on a cut price with Everton struggling.
It's just negotiating tactics and it's way way early on in, there's still time to get this sorted so no rush. You guys are acting like the window ends 1st of July.

It's just negotiating tactics and it's way way early on in, there's still time to get this sorted so no rush. You guys are acting like the window ends 1st of July.
Everton are under pressure to sell before July 1st. That's why we think we can get him cheaper. We won't pay 70 million which they will demand if they don't need to sell.

Hoping whatever dodgy business Everton are doing actually sorts their finances out so they can stay firm over keeping Branthwaite.

Many, far superior players available at much lower prices than the ones being quoted here

Give them 60 million pounds for Branthwaite.

+ let them pick either Maguire or Lindelof.

sounds pretty fair as 10m pounds is a fair valuation for either one of our CBs.
Watching Obama tonight for Belgium I’d rather give Everton £50-55m for him and look to sign a couple of Centre Backs for £60-70m combined.

We got one good season out of Varane, Casemiro and Ronaldo

Antony - overpaid no mark from Dutch league
VDB - overpaid from Dutch league

the record is out on the others apart from perhaps Martinez

you’ve got your red tinted glasses on lad
Sancho was not a no mark, neither was Bruno, nor Varane (regardless of whether his body could cope after one season of PL pace), nor Martinez, nor Mount, nor Antony to be honest, even loanees like Amrabat pushed to come here & Højlund was one of the few promising striking options available. We just always seemed to go for the wrong choices.

Lest we forget, we just nabbed coveted senior personnel from Newcastle, City, and Southampton.

Come on ... @cpleigh's post was way off base and @TheReligion has rightly called that out

Sancho was not a no mark, neither was Bruno, nor Varane (regardless of whether his body could cope after one season of PL pace), nor Martinez, nor Mount, nor Antony to be honest, even loanees like Amrabat pushed to come here & Højlund was one of the few promising striking options available. We just always seemed to go for the wrong choices.

Lest we forget, we just nabbed coveted senior personnel from Newcastle, City, and Southampton.

Come on ... @cpleigh's post was way off base and @TheReligion has rightly called that out
How is one post saying that United no longer have the pull that they did in the 90s off? Its true. Why is that so hard to get heads around?

maybe you think I’m referring to a different post but that was the gist of it

re the players you mentioned;

Sancho was a hyped youngster with no experience outside playing system football in Germany. Yet we pay too much AND give him a massive weekly wage. Wonder why he came to United?

Antony - only ETH rated him so highly and again we overpaid for it

mount was having sustained injury problems and was in negative talks with Chelsea about a new contract. Before that there was talk of selling him: United came in which set his mind on the move backed up with.. you guessed it huge wages

etc etc Martinez is a great signing, wanted United as did Hojlund but let’s not kid ourselves. Players aren’t jumping as quickly as they did in the 90s/2000s when we were collecting trophies and were feared across Europe

so again, I think the guy was right in his observations in that One Specific post

Last edited:

Must watch for United fans... seriously worried if we sign him.

Why are you angry at me? Making a YouTube video doesn't mean you're a god of football opinion.

The majority of Everton fans who watch him week out rate him very highly. That's all that matters to me and all that matters to me is he plays well for the club I support and if not, we sell him for a good fee.

Must watch for United fans... seriously worried if we sign him.

You didn’t include a single dribble out/drive forward that he completed & I’m certain it can’t be the case that it was impossible to find?
Kinda gives the feel the video has been done with a bias against the player, a sort of highlight of his worst moments.

Or maybe he’s just that shit, but I kinda doubt he’s that terrible.

You didn’t include a single dribble out/drive forward that he completed & I’m certain it can’t be the case that it was impossible to find?
Kinda gives the feel the video has been done with a bias against the player, a sort of highlight of his worst moments.

Or maybe he’s just that shit, but I kinda doubt he’s that terrible.

He doesn’t make many dribbles per game and when he does 33% success rate (which is low), add in copyright rules and fact he’s playing for Dyche, it was like finding a needle in a haystack. Am sure there will be some more positive footage out there but obviously as a United fan I went into it with excitement but ended up disheartened.

Nail. Head.