Jarrad Branthwaite

Gakpo binned u off for Liverpool.
John obi Mikel claimed kidnapping to get out of you for Chelsea.

You don't have more pull currently than the 3 you've mentioned. In theory you should Chelsea, no idea how they are so attractive to be honest.

Another silly misinformed post. Either ignorance or on the wind up.

John Obi Mikel moving to Chelsea 18 years ago is an example of players choosing other clubs over us? Not saying they wouldn't choose other clubs over us, but that's just a ridiculous example. :lol:

John Obi Mikel moving to Chelsea 18 years ago is an example of players choosing other clubs over us? Not saying they wouldn't choose other clubs over us, but that's just a ridiculous example. :lol:
Mikel was arguably our best ever bit of business! 12m for nothing. :lol:

Newcastle now allegedly going in for Calvert-Lewin from Everton which I consider baffling considering his performance and injury record.

If this gets done, it will most certainly remove the need for Everton to sell players to raise funds for PSR.

Even stranger when the poster in question was using it as an example of how our pull has diminished since the 90’s/00’s…

The players were being linked with look SHIT hope I'm just clueless on them. They don't look like needle movers at all..

Newcastle now allegedly going in for Calvert-Lewin from Everton which I consider baffling considering his performance and injury record.

If this gets done, it will most certainly remove the need for Everton to sell players to raise funds for PSR.

His fee and salary will reflect his injuries. And I think he is underrated. Everton has not been good at all the past five seasons, but his npxg in this period is 0,52, 0,51, 0,29, 0,39 and 0,47 per 90 min. Those stats are better than Romelu Lukaku at teams like Man Utd, Chelsea and in Serie A. Despite those teams being way better and more dominant than Everton.

And unlike Lukaku he is a very agile player that will press relentless. Still only 27. He will give Newcastle a good option. Would also make sense as a cheap backup/competition for Højlund.

I’m almost certain that poster is on the wind up as the comments are utterly ridiculous

Would seem an odd one for Newcastle, doesn’t seem to be a vital area for them and (as you say), poor injury record. Is that from the reliable journalists?

There all in collusion with eachother to get around PSR. It’s becoming abit silly especially when you see what Aston Villa and Chelsea are doing.

However let them carry on. It literally has nothing to do with trying to improve their team. Good luck to Everton spending money they don’t have.

You don't have more pull currently than the 3 you've mentioned. In theory you should Chelsea, no idea how they are so attractive to be honest.
You sound very bitter lad. Maybe this applies to now but certainly not back in the day. Essien and Mikel chose money over us sure but that was it.

Everton have historically been a very difficult club to deal with in terms of transfers, going all the way back to the Leighton Baines/ Fellaini debacle so I can’t see this move progressing.

Onto the next target.

They ask for one player in the past few years and you say Gakpo who we decided not to sign in the Summer before he moved to Liverpool at Christmas and then your next choice is John Obi feckin Mikel :lol:

Everton have historically been a very difficult club to deal with in terms of transfers, going all the way back to the Leighton Baines/ Fellaini debacle so I can’t see this move progressing.

Onto the next target.

Oh yeah. Really difficult club that rejects bids of 16m and 12m for Fellaini and Baines, considering one of them had a 23m buyout clause that expired. Really difficult. :lol:

I feel like you didn't really follow the events here.

United have been shite for years but questioning their pull is fecking hilarious. Especially citing Gakpo, a player we never had a club fee agreed for, as an example.

Would say all of these are made up except Ronaldo, but then I’m also not convinced City were seriously interested in the first place. Like with Sanchez Maguire and Fred, they duped the feck out of Woodward for all of them.
Agreed.

Onto the next target.

That's a shocking example to pick :lol:

Would say all of these are made up except Ronaldo, but then I’m also not convinced City were seriously interested in the first place. Like with Sanchez Maguire and Fred, they duped the feck out of Woodward for all of them.
Hojlund to PSG is not made up. He was their first choice until it was clear that he was joining us. Then they went and signed Goncalo Ramos and Kolo Muani.

Edit : Also, if we want to play by that guys rules, Martinez also rejected Arsenal for us. I wish people stop giving obvious trolls attention to underrate their own club.

He did. I wasn’t just meaning last/one season.

Just seems an odd tfr and convenient timing … especially as it’s Luke Edwards. Might be true, might be a journalist throwing crap at the wall for clicks, who can say.

It's been rumoured for weeks now, not just out of the blue. I think Dyche managed him really well in terms of his injuries but don't blame him if he's leaving. It's his last chance for a bit contract so to take it at a club which will be fighting for European spots and possible trophies makes sense.

Pretty sure Mason Mount chose United ahead of all three of those clubs you mentioned just a year ago.

Worry more about your own club.

Arsenal had already signed Timber, so not really.

Fair enough Hojlund maybe had more input in where he ended up than I thought, but PSG are not in the same bracket as Real/Barca/Bayern, nobody dreams of playing for PSG. I'd expect United/Chelsea/Arsenal to be able to attract most players over PSG.

Arsenal signed Timber the season after we signed Martinez.

Fair enough Hojlund maybe had more input in where he ended up than I thought, but PSG are not in the same bracket as Real/Barca/Bayern, nobody dreams of playing for PSG. I'd expect United/Chelsea/Arsenal to be able to attract most players over PSG.

They signed him a full year after we signed Martinez.

Arsenal hadn't already signed Timber. Timber signed for Arsenal last summer which was a year after Martinez joined us. It was well documented Martinez was linked with Arsenal but wanted United. Martinez fortunately for us was our second choice after Timber. Although Timber eventually joined Arsenal, if I remember correctly was keen to join us until LVG got into his head about potentially missing out on being selected for Holland. LVG was worried Timber wouldn't get games for us hence why he warned Timber. That's why we went for Martinez.

Reactions: golden_blunder

Today on things that didn't happen...

No.

Arsenal fans were also hyped about him joining them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/s/pzaVtJH7JQ

Now you are moving goalposts to say PSG are not a big club. Historically they may not be as big as Real Madrid(no one is) but they are french champions having players like Messi, Mbappe, Neymar, Thiago Silva, Verratti, Donnarumma and many others. They are one of the many big clubs, certainly bigger than Arsenal were for the best part of last decade. Arsenal are now in that conversation only since Arteta has turned them into genuine title contenders.

Again, I wish people stop underrating their own club to agree with an obvious troll.

Hojlund to PSG is not made up. He was their first choice until it was clear that he was joining us. Then they went and signed Goncalo Ramos and Kolo Muani.

Edit : Also, if we want to play by that guys rules, Martinez also rejected Arsenal for us. I wish people stop giving obvious trolls attention to underrate their own club.

Yeah, it's hilarious. Ronaldo was on the verge of signing for City before we swooped in. It was clearly documented that City wanted Sanchez, Maguire and Fred but these players wanted us. People are just downplaying it to suit their own agendas. These signings might've not worked out in our favour but it's clear there are players that would love to play for our club.

Lukaku favoured us over returning to Chelsea. Valencia rejected Madrid to play for us. I'm sure teams were linked with Pogba before he chose to join us. We've been shit for years and players still want to play for us. We might not have the same pull as Madrid but to downplay our pull is ridiculous.

It's just unfortunate for us that most of these players that rejected other teams for us didn't work out. Other teams dodged a bullet really.

Reactions: Mr Pigeon
We should move on from this one immediately. Everton are now colluding with other dodgy clubs to sort their finances, so they won't be too worried about selling. Don't fancy being rinsed by bloody Everton.

The ones where don’t overpay for players.

You mean the new football department that have never bought a player for the club, yet have decided not to overpay for players when they came in. Yet that to you means they decided on it a week ago.

Seems like some of you just want to whinge about everything.

You mean the new football department that have never bought a player for the club, yet have decided not to overpay for players when they came in. Yet that to you means they decided on it a week ago.

Seems like some of you just want to whinge about everything.

I’m not whinging, I don’t want Jarrad and I’m happy with the stance. I just wish the next target will be revealed so we can move on.