Jarrad Branthwaite

Let’s see. I hope it doesn’t happen but the way they are so fixated on branthwaite and keep upping the bid I fear we might get rinsed again.
Says who?

Social media blue tickers?

The media that thought Jassim would buy us, who knew nothing about Berrada, who knew nothing about OT plans or Carrington, who knew nothing about Ten Hag staying?

No idea why so many people are worrying about stuff that hasn’t happened.

I truly believe Todibo is a sure thing since Nice is owned by INEOS, but they are keeping it quiet as they want to look like United has a plethora of other CB options if Everton does not play ball.

Inacio at Sporting has a €60m release clause. So £51m roughly. If Everton really want £70m plus then Todibo and Inacio could be done for probably £85m. Seems a better use of funds to me.

Says who?

Social media blue tickers?

The media that thought Jassim would buy us, who knew nothing about Berrada, who knew nothing about OT plans or Carrington, who knew nothing about Ten Hag staying?

No idea why so many people are worrying about stuff that hasn’t happened.
Yes mate, blue tickers reliable journalists. Are you out of the loop or you are refusing to believe we are after branthwaite?

Yes mate, blue tickers reliable journalists. Are you out of the loop or you are refusing to believe we are after branthwaite?
I know we are, but you said we’re only interested in him AND we keep upping the bid… “fixated on branthwaite and keep upping the bid”

which blue tick journalist has confirmed we have no other CH targets and we keep upping the Branthwaite bids?

I know we are, but you said we’re only interested in him AND we keep upping the bid… “fixated on branthwaite and keep upping the bid”

which blue tick journalist has confirmed we have no other CH targets and we keep upping the Branthwaite bids?
When did I say we are ONLY interested in him and no one else? That’s a weird interpretation. Fixated doesn’t mean we are only interested in him and him only, it means right now we are focusing on him and really really want him therefore have set our eyes on him which can be ALONG with other targets. But for sure he seems to be our no. 1 priority right now as mentioned by top tier journalists.

Tapsoba is light years ahead of Varane with the ball, and in the build-up. In all likelihood he would be a much better partner for Martínez than the Frenchman.

How's Tapsoba been doing recently? I remember a few years ago he had a season that was statistically incredible and looked on track to be one of the best in the world, and the few games I managed to watch he looked great so it wasn't just stats. At the time he was my #1 pick for defenders we should sign. He seemed to drop off a bit after that though, and I haven't actually watched him since then.

Tapsoba is far better on the ball than Varane (to the extent that I wonder if he might even be better than Martinez), so in theory it'd be one hell of a combo. Like I said I haven't actually watched him the last couple of years so not sure if he's recaptured that early promise though. Considering the season Leverkuson just had I'd say he must have been doing well, but it might also be hard to get him out of there. Especially if they do lose Tah to Bayern as well.

Well, yes, he is much better than Varane on the ball - his ability in possession is his outstanding quality. I was thinking more about how complimentary he is in terms of his tendencies when defending - he's typically very calm and considerate, more steadfast in his positioning in the backline and more cautious and calculated in choosing when to engage in comparison to the typically very aggressive, front foot nature of Martinez.

Branthwaite has the desired/ requisite physical profile, but seems to generally be of the same ilk as Martinez.

INEOS showing they are willing to walk away completely from a daft Everton valuation would be a strong message for transfers this summer

Any second bid shouldn’t be vastly different to the first. Otherwise you are just accepting the first was a piss take.

Add a few million or rejig the add-ons. 35+add-ons could become 41+add-ons. Then call it a day!
In all honesty I feel that 35 mil was a piss take. Hard to take that bid seriously .

If we didn't get him and it was down to us being unwilling to meet their fee I actually think that could be a good thing for us weirdly.

It will tell other clubs we are no longer a push over and we aren't going to be taken to the cleaners anymore.

End of the day Spurs bought a bargain in Van Der Ven, these players are out there available. We've got to go and unearth a few bargains.

Exactly right, taking a stance early on will help to prove beneficial in any future transfer negotiations

Exactly right, taking a stance early on will help to prove beneficial in any future transfer negotiations

Dont everton need to sell players before the 1st july to avoid big problems? I’ve not heard of any bids on any of their players bar us on branthwaite

Dont everton need to sell players before the 1st july to avoid big problems? I’ve not heard of any bids on any of their players bar us on branthwaite
There's reports that it's not as serious as has been reported previously and they'll manage by selling some academy players.

I’m not one for conspiracy theories, but maybe they knew they could never sign him for a reasonable fee…

You reckon it might all be a PR stunt, to show to the World that we will walk away when the price gets silly, then go in and sign someone such as Todibo for £30m....?

You reckon it might all be a PR stunt, to show to the World that we will walk away when the price gets silly, then go in and sign someone such as Todibo for £30m....?
Maybe it’s a bit of a reach, but lowballing Everton could be seen as a win win? Either they negotiate a cheap deal for a highly rated young player, or they set a precedent they can fall back on in subsequent negotiations.

The thought has crossed my mind as well. It's unlikely, but it could be a shrewd move to try to set a precedent and show things are going to be very different than under the previous administration.

I think we need to walk away from 1 deal to show we are not the same United.

This is the deal to do it in because:

1. Its the first deal under INEOS so it will set a prescedent
2. There are various options for £40m in the CB market

You can't bully PL teams to sell cheap.

I am not saying that we should sign him, just please don't waste all summer on this. Send reasonable offer or move on.

You can't bully PL teams to sell cheap.

I am not saying that we should sign him, just please don't waste all summer on this. Send reasonable offer or move on.
Yoro has Liverpool and RM interested in him, Bayern sound like they are losing Ligt and still no interest so far. We can't offer more than 50 max, maybe less.

Everything at the moment in the media is just guesswork. Around mid next week I think we will be able to deduce just how serious our PSR issues are.

Everything at the moment in the media is just guesswork. Around mid next week I think we will be able to deduce just how serious our PSR issues are.
Added to the twists, it’s the change of ownership has to be done quickly, right? Any business before the end of June for Everton is kinda racing against time.

It feels like we are wasting our time here frankly. They won't let him go for a knockdown price and we won't offer anywhere near their valuation. He's probably worth £50m, they think it's £70m and we think it's £35m, we're not going to meet halfway.

Give them 60 million pounds for Branthwaite.

+ let them pick either Maguire or Lindelof.

sounds pretty fair as 10m pounds is a fair valuation for either one of our CBs.

Don't think so. From what I see from our transfer targets and scouting now, it looks like we won't be signing 'old' players unless it's a free signing.

We should just wait this out until really close to July 1st, they won't have any haggling power to ask crazy money because they will be getting very desperate by then. Offer them £40m plus add ons on June 29th, take it or leave it.

Sounds great until you remember that both Lindelof and Maguire are on huge money which would bloat the finances. We have our targets lined up for when Branthwaite leaves eventually, I highly doubt Maguire or Lindelof are on that list.

Pure conspiracy but we’re close to signing some random midfielder from Villa who looks very much like he fits into the Onana mould. An indication that he’ll be sold after the Euros? Onana was one of the few bright spots for Belgium in their opener.

Could implicate any advances for Branthwaite.

We should just wait this out until really close to July 1st, they won't have any haggling power to ask crazy money because they will be getting very desperate by then. Offer them £40m plus add ons on June 29th, take it or leave it.

I’d be inclined to do something similar, especially if they don’t manage to sell anyone by then and they have PSR problems.

Well didn't it come out that there is no real problem for them, that they can get the money selling others without a problem.

Well didn't it come out that there is no real problem for them, that they can get the money selling others without a problem.

For all we know that could be media posturing, and in either case you're still daring them to actually sell those players to come up with the funds.

I agree on waiting if they are going to turn down something like 50m + add ons. Not like you have much to lose at that point.

Well if that's the case then the club should be actively pursuing other targets and not just Branthwaite to ensure their options are kept open. If it gets to the end of the month and Everton don't need to sell, then withdraw and move forward with the other targets.

Well if that's the case then the club should be actively pursuing other targets and not just Branthwaite to ensure their options are kept open. If it gets to the end of the month and Everton don't need to sell, then withdraw and move forward with the other targets.
I think that helps us out either way, showing interest in other CBs, but as far as I know we haven't really shown any interest in any player at all.

I presume thats the plan. Part of me is expecting us to come back to him in august after others are ruled out and spending a stupid fee. That would be the woodward summer, hoping ineos are less shit. They kind of come off as stingy, mean spirited, cheapskates in their other dealings so i'd expect another derisory offer that wastes everyones time. Feeling a bit sceptical and pessimistic at the moment.

So with Todibo off the cards I guess we're all in on Branthwaite (or maybe De Ligt).