Jarrad Branthwaite

Pretty disturbing comment.

+ obscene ransom... :lol: you lot are so entitled sometimes. God forbid a club wants to keep their talents and won't sell them below their valuations.
If Branthwaite is 70-80m then Guehi is what 100-120m? More proven and immense potential too. Starting CB at the Euros for England you know. You see the obscene nature now?

Posturing is normal from both sides. In my opinion, United should make 1 more bid with a deadline attached to it. Once the deadline expire, then we move to other targets.

There's nothing to suggest he's worth 80m though so some valuations are unrealistic.

If Branthwaite is 70-80m then Guehi is what 100-120m? More proven and immense potential too. Starting CB at the Euros for England you know. You see the obscene nature now?

No, I don't see any obscene nature. The club don't want to sell him. Transfer values when clubs don't want to sell players aren't meant to be a reasonable price. What aren't you getting? Guehi is whatever price Palace decide he's worth to them.

There's nothing to suggest he's worth 80m though so some valuations are unrealistic.

They're not trying to sell him, you don't have to put a realistic valuation on anything you don't want to sell.

We should just see if something can be done between 50/60 million and if not stick a fork in it as after 60 million it's probably beneficial to look elsewhere.

Whether the PSR “hole” is small or not they still have to sell. So unless they have something lined up for the next 10 days they might want to consider negotiating.

Unless someone wants to point out which player is on the verge of being sold.

To be fair, he's their player. They can ask whatever amount they want from him. 80m might pretty much be a "feck off" price. They probably think they can sell other players for their FSR.

I think by the end of the week we will start seeing figures of 60-65m. The real figures will come in the last week of June.

The comments today are exactly what they should be saying publicly regarding their PSR position. Same as us saying we're willing to walk away, and briefing that we only have £50m net to spend are things that we should be saying publicly. This is how grown ups negotiate.

Whether any of those things prove truthful when push comes to shove, remains to be seen.

I think by the end of the week we will start seeing figures of 60-65m. The real figures will come in the last week of June.

Then I hope we move on to other targets. Maybe revisit this transfer next season.

If we didn't get him and it was down to us being unwilling to meet their fee I actually think that could be a good thing for us weirdly.

It will tell other clubs we are no longer a push over and we aren't going to be taken to the cleaners anymore.

End of the day Spurs bought a bargain in Van Der Ven, these players are out there available. We've got to go and unearth a few bargains.

To be fair, he's their player. They can ask whatever amount they want from him. 80m might pretty much be a "feck off" price. They probably think they can sell other players for their FSR.
Of course they can but, a player is only worth what a club will pay. It's a good price if they don't want to sell him but I feel that Everton are posturing to maximise their return. Of the fee stays at 80, I hope that we have the sense to walk away.

As I said earlier it’ll get done for 50-55 plus achievable add-ons which is a fair deal for both clubs considering he cost them less than a million quid and he solves several issues for us in one fell swoop. By no means an exciting transfer but a very sensible transfer if the price isn’t obscene

As I said earlier it’ll get done for 50-55 plus achievable add-ons which is a fair deal for both clubs considering he cost them less than a million quid and he solves several issues for us in one fell swoop. By no means an exciting transfer but a very sensible transfer if the price isn’t obscene

We can lock this then seeing as you have clarified exactly what is going to happen with such certainty.

I think that price might have been acceptable for them if they didn't have a sell on clause with Carlisle. Apparently Carlisle are set to receive 15% of any future sell on fee so I guess that's why they are adamant on getting £80m for him.

Well that's that then...
They are referring to the time when Ancelotti and his son were at Everton and apparently they liked him then. I wouldn't pay it much attention. Their interest in Yoro has been widely reported who looks like their top choice and none of the Real Madrid sources have mentioned anything about Branthwaite yet.

I think it's pretty exciting to get one of the best young CB prospects around. Think the pendulum has swung a bit too far into the area of people thinking he's just average.

That’s nice. But guess what Everton? They aren’t going to pay £80m either. In fact it’s highly likely he’d end up going there for even less as they’ll either tell him to sit tight and run his contract down, or, they’ll tell him to kick up a fuss and force your hand and a deal gets done in the £45m range. This is most likely just Everton trying to hurry us into paying what they want, very transparent.

Well that's that then...
This aggregator is TERRIBLE. Here's what was said in context :

On the Athletic YouTube video their correspondent said under Ancelottis time at Everton, he and his staff promoted Branthwaite to U21s. Ancelotti gave him a debut.

So that shows he's rated by people who now work at Real. It was a testament to his progression, not that Real Madrid currently want to buy him :lol:

End of the day Spurs bought a bargain in Van Der Ven, these players are out there available. We've got to go and unearth a few bargains.

I don't necessarily agree with the rest of your post but 100% this. The mould of a tall, pacy, aggressive CB exists. It shouldn't be that hard to find one. Arsenal can make-do with Gabriel. City do fine with Ake, Akanji etc. None of these guys are world-beaters. Just functional players who do the job required in the system.

The numbers being quoted here suggest a Van Dijk or Ajax version of De Ligt type signing. There's a place for such a signing and if Everton come to the negotiating table I'd love for us to get the guy in but someone good-enough is perfectly fine even if the potential is not very high.

This aggregator is TERRIBLE. Here's what was said in context :

On the Athletic YouTube video their correspondent said under Ancelottis time at Everton, he and his staff promoted Branthwaite to U21s. Ancelotti gave him a debut.

So that shows he's rated by people who now work at Real. It was a testament to his progression, not that Real Madrid currently want to buy him :lol:

Can we just pretend they're a good source so everyone can be unanimous in saying Branthwaite's great?

Would certainly get rejected again and then we’ll up the bid closer to Everton’s valuation. Rinse and repeat.

Meet the new boss same as the old boss.
As i said earlier; for Hojlund we started at 40 mil. Ended at 70.
50-55 mil is way too much when you can get Yoro and Todipo cheaper.

Would certainly get rejected again and then we’ll up the bid closer to Everton’s valuation. Rinse and repeat.

Meet the new boss same as the old boss.
Been here four months, first transfer window, need to be cautious with funds (at least until July 1st) because of previous morons and what you said hasn’t even happened yet.

But…. same as Glazers, Woodward, Murtough, Arnold?

Give them a fecking chance!

Any second bid shouldn’t be vastly different to the first. Otherwise you are just accepting the first was a piss take.

Add a few million or rejig the add-ons. 35+add-ons could become 41+add-ons. Then call it a day!

I truly believe Todibo is a sure thing since Nice is owned by INEOS, but they are keeping it quiet as they want to look like United has a plethora of other CB options if Everton does not play ball.

I truly believe Todibo is a sure thing since Nice is owned by INEOS, but they are keeping it quiet as they want to look like United has a plethora of other CB options if Everton does not play ball.

This would make sense - if we need two keep Todibo in the back pocket. We've still got to buy one and sell two

Been here four months, first transfer window, need to be cautious with funds (at least until July 1st) because of previous morons and what you said hasn’t even happened yet.

But…. same as Glazers, Woodward, Murtough, Arnold?

Give them a fecking chance!
Let’s see. I hope it doesn’t happen but the way they are so fixated on branthwaite and keep upping the bid I fear we might get rinsed again.