Jarrad Branthwaite

This may have been addressed at some point in here, but why do United appear to have a free run at this guy? Surely there are plenty of clubs that would happily offer more than £35m for him if his ceiling is as high as often stated?

Tapsoba is very different and in reality about as good as your likely to get as a similar player to Varane and compliment to Martinez. Very calm and considered. I think he's brilliant, and the best defender I've seen who could be attainable.

Tapsoba is light years ahead of Varane with the ball, and in the build-up. In all likelihood he would be a much better partner for Martínez than the Frenchman.

This may have been addressed at some point in here, but why do United appear to have a free run at this guy? Surely there are plenty of clubs that would happily offer more than £35m for him if his ceiling is as high as often stated?
None of the other "big" clubs need a centre back or they don't have 50 mil to spare for one.

Another bid closer to 50m coming soon according to some guy on Twitter

Could be bullshit but he has called a few things right before

I don't understand what is our plan regarding centre backs. For a season you need 5 of them plus 6th as emergency cover.
At this moment our situation is:
1st choice: Lisandro
2nd choice: empty
3rd choice: Lindelof
4th choice: Maguire
5th choice: Evans
6th choice: Kambwala

Are we going to sell Harry or Lindelof? Are we keeping Evans? If any of them is gone then we definitely need two new defenders.

We’ll sell and replace a couple of them, maybe Maguire and lindelof. Buying a top class left back like Hernandez from ac Milan and using Luke shaw as back up left back/centre back would see he’s rested but also getting plenty of game time. Maybe a versatile player (like kimmich) who can play in both midfield and defence would be wise. Basically we need more depth across the squad with players who can be cross deployed at the top level

I don't see us selling Shaw or Malacia. Shaw is a first team quality (injuries are a problem of course) and Malacia is Erik's signings. Spending on 3rd choice fb would be a luxury.
I wouldn’t be expecting Malacia to be fit at the start of the season. He hasn’t completed a full training session since April 2023. We don’t know yet if he is even fully recovered.

We definitely need a LB that’ll bridge the gap between Shaw and Amass.

Amass will probably get some minutes next season. And then maybe a dozen games the season after. He has the talent to play now, but he is still building out his frame.

And that will be knocked back.
A third bid will go in which will be entertained by Everton but not quite there yet.
A deal will be done with add ons for about 65-68mil

I just thought I would beat Fab to it.

Apparently, that is it, and we will move on to other targets. If this is true, then I am finally glad we are not getting rinsed. I am fed up with the days Maguire and AWB stood there waiting, knowing that we would pay the ridiculous fees that their former clubs wanted. There are a lot of defenders in the market, and clubs need to realize it is not a seller's market for defenders. Furthermore, we need to broaden our horizons to other continents.

the fact that we are being linked with this lad and DeLigt....it's like going back and starting over again with a younger version of Harry Maguire

fecking tired of seeing United with these big lumbering CB's who've got no pace and are only decent with the ball.

the fact that we are being linked with this lad and DeLigt....it's like going back and starting over again with a younger version of Harry Maguire

fecking tired of seeing United with these big lumbering CB's who've got no pace and are only decent with the ball.
Have you watched Branthwaite play?

Tapsoba would be better than all these alternatives IMO. Maybe even better than Branthwaite himself. Been waiting for months now for us to seriously consider him.

Great height at 1,94m, has pace, right-footed, good organizer, good ball progressor, good passer. I think he could play right back in some setups too. Perfect age as well. To me he's a better option even at 60-65m than these reported alternatives for Branthwaite. I feel like all of them have something missing that makes it not ideal for them to partner Martínez. And until we have another CB we are planning for the future with, he's the one I'm planning around. If we already had Branthwaite, then yeah, Todibo Guehi etc. would be good signings, but not yet.

Tapsoba is very different and in reality about as good as your likely to get as a similar player to Varane and compliment to Martinez. Very calm and considered. I think he's brilliant, and the best defender I've seen who could be attainable.
How's Tapsoba been doing recently? I remember a few years ago he had a season that was statistically incredible and looked on track to be one of the best in the world, and the few games I managed to watch he looked great so it wasn't just stats. At the time he was my #1 pick for defenders we should sign. He seemed to drop off a bit after that though, and I haven't actually watched him since then.

Tapsoba is far better on the ball than Varane (to the extent that I wonder if he might even be better than Martinez), so in theory it'd be one hell of a combo. Like I said I haven't actually watched him the last couple of years so not sure if he's recaptured that early promise though. Considering the season Leverkuson just had I'd say he must have been doing well, but it might also be hard to get him out of there. Especially if they do lose Tah to Bayern as well.

I believe we are trying to bring a like-for-like replacement for Varane with Brantwaite. Not particularly great on the ball, but aggressive, and dominant in the air in the 16-yard box, to cover for Martinez's height deficiencies. If he is their first choice, I hope Everton will play ball with some 50 + 10-15 mil in add-ons.

I'd be happy with Branthwaite + De Ligt, or Yoro + De Ligt, or Yoro + Branthwaite. I'd be ecstatic with all three coming in the same window.

Can you tell someone at Peterborough to let us have Ronnie Edwards on the cheap?
Would be great, wouldn’t it? Looks a great prospect.

Unfortunately, I moved to Manchester some years back, and do everything in my power to avoid any interactions with that hell hole, where possible.

Just had a £10m bid accepted for a Villa CM.

So not really sure We need to sell anyone for PSR this month

I'd be happy with Branthwaite + De Ligt, or Yoro + De Ligt, or Yoro + Branthwaite. I'd be ecstatic with all three coming in the same window.
Ya I’d be happy with Margot Robbie begging me for a shag too.

Just had a £10m bid accepted for a Villa CM.

So not really sure We need to sell anyone for PSR this month

I saw Ornstein this morning saying Everton were confident they could meet the PSR requirements by selling a couple of academy players. It's pretty clear that your financial difficulties have been somewhat overblown.

I saw Ornstein this morning saying Everton were confident they could meet the PSR requirements by selling a couple of academy players. It's pretty clear that your financial difficulties have been somewhat overblown.

Kind of the line the club was saying all along i.e don't listen to rags like The Sun/Talksport.

How's Tapsoba been doing recently? I remember a few years ago he had a season that was statistically incredible and looked on track to be one of the best in the world, and the few games I managed to watch he looked great so it wasn't just stats. At the time he was my #1 pick for defenders we should sign. He seemed to drop off a bit after that though, and I haven't actually watched him since then.

Tapsoba is far better on the ball than Varane (to the extent that I wonder if he might even be better than Martinez), so in theory it'd be one hell of a combo. Like I said I haven't actually watched him the last couple of years so not sure if he's recaptured that early promise though. Considering the season Leverkuson just had I'd say he must have been doing well, but it might also be hard to get him out of there. Especially if they do lose Tah to Bayern as well.
I think it’s safe to say his father is extremely overweight, he has pledged to Real Madrid in two years on pain of death, and regardless of what he’s shown, he will on arrival turn out to be a nervous wrick with body of a log, feet of lead and the brain of a Commodore 64.

Better not to hope, avvoid the disappointment.

Tapsoba has a release clause of €100m.

When you lose £90 million in the 22/23 season - I am not sure it has been that much overblown

Do you reckon they're just posturing or would they relent in the end? Or would it take Branthwaite pushing for it?

I reckon we will sell Onana and Branthwaite will only be sold if someone matches the 60-80 million price range. From what I've read and heard Branthwaite is happy to stay for another season.

I agree that it would be hard to get him out of there. I suspect Leverkusen will let 1 or 2 of their important players go, and Tapsoba might not be one of them. There's big incentive for their players to stay one more year as well, as Alonso decided to stay, Wirtz is staying, and they have a good chance for a deep CL run, as well as to defend the Bundesliga title. I hope Tapsoba will be a big target for us in 2025, at least.

None of the other "big" clubs need a centre back or they don't have 50 mil to spare for one.
Surely it's time for Pep to buy another defender?

He's not bought one for 5m.

Move on and focus on De Ligt and Todibo. I would garner to guess we could get both for about roughly the same amount as the Brainthwaite fee.

Move on and focus on De Ligt and Todibo. I would garner to guess we could get both for about roughly the same amount as the Brainthwaite fee.
dreaming if you think De Ligt is anything under 60million