Jarrad Branthwaite

United should give a take it or leave it deal, 30 million plus add-on. We shouldn't be buying a defender for 50-70 million, there are cheaper talent else where. Make Everton a reasonable, if they reject then we look another option. Why is United doubling or tripling players wages? There can be a base salary and performance related incentives or appearance. Stop giving out wages like what we are doing with Rashford, Sancho and Maguire. They are happily collecting their paycheck either sitting on the bench or playing badly weekly. If we want a culture reset, here is the time to change.
With this attitude Man Utd probably won't be able to conclude any deals this summer.

Wages seem a bit too high. Hopefully the figure being banded around (~£150k) is the base play only when we play Champions League football. I sure hope he doesn't get a 25% payrise if we make it next season.

The Mail doesn't have a clue, but if they did and we had bid £45m, that would be absolutely fine. So long as we are telling them that is it. No more bids - take it or leave it and let us know by the end of the month.

No drama, no saga and no desperation. That's our bid and if you don't like it, we have plenty of other targets.

Saw something else that said this was wide of the mark.

Yep, we better not be offering that kind of money. Why not start at £50k with performance-related add-ons. No need to start anywhere around the £100k mark.

Wages seem a bit too high. Hopefully the figure being banded around (~£150k) is the base play only when we play Champions League football. I sure hope he doesn't get a 25% payrise if we make it next season.

Typically when signing a new player they will start on £X per year, and then there will be a clause that reduces that by 25% if the club fails to qualify for CL football for the following season.

I assume the logic is that the new player didn’t have a role in failing to qualify this time, so start them off on the headline level and then reduce if needed.

They certainly wouldn’t be getting an uplift if qualification is secured.

I doubt we'll have offered him 150k, we seem to be trying to move away from such salaries. There's no reason to pay him so much unless we're desperate and there's competition.

Well, Everton conceded only 51 goals which is the 4th least of the season only the top 3 teams conceded less than that. It's great, and tells a lot about the capabilities of Brantwaite (and Tarkowski). I'd love to see him in United shirt.

Actually, it's a team effort, plus the way the team is set up to defend. De Gea got the Golden Glove for most clean sheets, the same season his contract was not extended and we bought Onana. So I get your point, but it's not just him and Tarkowski in that.

Scammed United fans, compared Woodward to the Munich air disaster, talk complete shite, etc.?
He might well have done the other stuff, but this isn’t really true. He made a clumsily worded point, which was along the lines of Woodward’s tenure has set the club back more than the air disaster did, which while not something I agree with, isn’t as outrageous as it sounds clipped up. I see what he was getting at, he just worded it poorly.

There's something that still irks me about this guy. It's not just the tweets where he's completely wrong, but it's the tweets where he's always desperate to start it off by pointing how it shows he's telling the truth. Imagine journalists doing this all the time to try and prove their validity.

This tweet is truly Captain Obvious.

Everton need the cash and quick, we know this.

50 + 5 mill in add ons should do the trick, anything more and we walk away.
Keen to see how INEOS handle negotiation now, we cant be held to ransom anymore can we?

Jesus. What did he do to you?

I had the misfortune to listen to him and see how he presents himself of SP, then on Rio's channel. What I define him as is very accurate. Then he's got history about how the Glazer's being worse for the club than the Munich disaster comment and other stuff.

£30million for a young top English prospect is clearly derisory, add ons included or otherwise.

If we're going to hardball it then it'll be around the £50million range.

When you look at well regarded defenders that moved within the PL to big six clubs over the last 3-4 years, 50-70m is the rough range.

Fofana - 70m plus add ons
Cucurella - 55m plus add ons
White - 50m

Given that a few years have passed since the Ben White fee and that Branthwaite also has the English/HG premium which the others did not, I don't think 60-70m would be out of step with the market.

Yeah, when you look at the defenders that moved within the PL to big six clubs over the last 3-4 years its pretty clear that 50-70 is the rough range.

Fofana - 70m plus add ons
Cucurella - 55m plus add ons
White - 50m

Given that a few years have passed since the Ben White fee and that Branthwaite also has the English/HG premium which the others did not, I don't think the 60-70m range is out of step with the market.

Yep, solid analysis and I think 50m +10m in addons will do it because he has a long contract, young player etc. It could go higher but Everton are somewhat incentivized to sell too.

He might well have done the other stuff, but this isn’t really true. He made a clumsily worded point, which was along the lines of Woodward’s tenure has set the club back more than the air disaster did, which while not something I agree with, isn’t as outrageous as it sounds clipped up. I see what he was getting at, he just worded it poorly.
It is true.

He literally said these words -

"I think where United are at the moment, f**k it I’m gonna say it on camera. I think Woodward was worse for us than Munich."

Is it weird that I don’t like the way he runs? It’s like what Fergie said about Henderson running from the knees rather than the hips.

£40m tops.

I'm overthinking this, but this has all happened quite quickly and has been very public.

I'd love it to be the case that we're not interested in signing him at all but instead just doing a very public, performative exercise to showcase the fact that we're not willing to overspend anymore.

If that is the case (unlikely I know), we'll very publicly walk away soon.

Yep, solid analysis and I think 50m +10m in addons will do it because he has a long contract, young player etc. It could go higher but Everton are somewhat incentivized to sell too.

Yeah, 50m+10m add ons feels about right to me given all circumstances.

I just saw the Ornstein tweet and 35m is way too low unless Everton are completely cornered and desperate.

We clearly will not be overpaying which is a good sign!
We won't be overpaying for anyone by the looks of it, I do worry that we'll get shunned at every turn though and panic sets in end of the window.

Moyes summer window has scarred me.

Pretty embarrassing that.
70m is too high
35m is too low

Negotiating tactics on both sides. 50m seems about right with add ons included in that. Teams just can't pay the silly fees anymore.