Jarrad Branthwaite

Id be very surprised if we accept any exchange for Branthwaite. Carlisle get a big cut of the transfer fee which is why we want big money for him aside from how good we believe he is.

It’s all the same really. Everton need money. Everton want to also add players. Carlisle get money. An exchange changes little, if the fee is less, Carlisle get less. If Everton get players, that they actually want, it makes no difference if they go and get more cash which they then use to go and buy players directly.

A part exchange could work best for all parties. As much as they need money, I’m sure they also plan to spend on new players themselves. Getting 30 or 40 million plus a player or two isn’t a bad deal. Villa are striking a similar deal with Juve as they get only 20m cash for Luiz, but also two players in two positions they want.

Id be very surprised if we accept any exchange for Branthwaite. Carlisle get a big cut of the transfer fee which is why we want big money for him aside from how good we believe he is.

they can have mctominay’s left leg.

I have to say I am a bit concerned by the price tag and the wages. The first signing under INEOS is a big statement of intent. To quadruple a young player's salary after a year in the PL and to pay £70m for him is pretty stupid. I hope these figures are way off the mark. If he is on £40k we could easily offer £70-90k. And if he doesn't accept - move on quickly. This is how top clubs to business.

agreed. apparently madrid are paying bellingham in freddos.

My guess is that we'll offer something in the region of £40m as a base fee, plus add ons that take it to £50m. This will be rejected. I think we'll end up signing him for a base fee of £50m plus add ons that take it to £60m.

I hope this doesn't end up the same way with Mount just 12 months ago where we ended up 'over' paying to a club that needed money.

I can't imagine any other club in the market that would want and could afford Branthwaite at any price over 50m with the wages we're also willing to pay too.

Either there's genuine interest from other clubs that are willing to pay 50m+, which therefore will drive the price up and/or Everton don't need a 50m type of sum as they can sort out financials before their deadline.
The Mount bit is especially nauseating in hindsight knowing that they used that money we gave them to sign the best player in the league this passed season (Foden lovers go do one proper) :lol: :mad:

It was like signing twilight year Matic which in turn funded them signing prime Kante

My guess is that we'll offer something in the region of £40m as a base fee, plus add ons that take it to £50m. This will be rejected. I think we'll end up signing him for a base fee of £50m plus add ons that take it to £60m.

This is the kind of negations the previous regime fell for. Lets see if this lot are an different. I'd love to see us walk away from the deal if it gets silly.

The Mount bit is especially nauseating in hindsight knowing that they used that money we gave them to sign the best player in the league this passed season (Foden lovers go do one proper) :lol: :mad:

It was like signing twilight year Matic which in turn funded them signing prime Kante

we did it once, then we did it again, and by christ, we’ll do it one more time.

What wages is he currently on? £160k p/w seems rather steep and has the potential to upset other players of a similar age in the first team who are on half that.

At the reported 80M, I think we should be looking elsewhere. The valuation is totally unreasonable for what is a gamble transfer. Look at Cole Palmer for comparison. The Maguire, Mount and Antony transfers have set a precedent that we can be fleeced. If we can’t get the fee down to 50ish, it would be a good time to publicly walk away and start setting new precedents.

You Tell`em Rim!

it’s like half these fecks don’t even realise that it takes multiple consecutive decisions to be proved incompetent, and just doing it once doesn’t prove anything.

Been called both Maguire mk2 and Jones MK2 in this very thread. Two completely different players with completely different skillsets.

Never change caf.

If its 150k this season, it'll be 200k when we are in the CL, right? Don't we have a 25% wage cut for non CL seasons?

it’s like half these fecks don’t even realise that it takes multiple consecutive decisions to be proved incompetent, and just doing it once doesn’t prove anything.

Do not worry Rim.. Im sure the club will make a couple more incompetent decisions this summer that will make the Poundland signings of Alexis Sanchez/Obertan/Bebe/van Der Beek/Schneiderlin/Zaha/Falcao/Depay/Antony/Sancho seem like genius transfer deals.

It's not about that. It is about setting a precedent - that we're not going to overpay anymore. There's no better time than right now before we've made any signings under INEOS to set that precedent. The slate is relatively clean. If we just give in like we usually do, it's going to be harder to set that new precedent.

What wages is he currently on? £160k p/w seems rather steep and has the potential to upset other players of a similar age in the first team who are on half that.

At the reported 80M, I think we should be looking elsewhere. The valuation is totally unreasonable for what is a gamble transfer. Look at Cole Palmer for comparison. The Maguire, Mount and Antony transfers have set a precedent that we can be fleeced. If we can’t get the fee down to 50ish, it would be a good time to publicly walk away and start setting new precedents.

Exactly. This would be a great time to show we can walk away if the price is too high.

It’s all the same really. Everton need money. Everton want to also add players. Carlisle get money. An exchange changes little, if the fee is less, Carlisle get less. If Everton get players, that they actually want, it makes no difference if they go and get more cash which they then use to go and buy players directly.

A part exchange could work best for all parties. As much as they need money, I’m sure they also plan to spend on new players themselves. Getting 30 or 40 million plus a player or two isn’t a bad deal. Villa are striking a similar deal with Juve as they get only 20m cash for Luiz, but also two players in two positions they want.

I haven't seen any indication that we want anyone from you.

Add RandomVideosFirst to the tier 1 list

taHkgKJ.png

60m max any more then walk away. He's agreed terms and Everton need to raise cash for ffp, our hand is stronger than Everton's here.

10 years ago? Not sure what your point is but mine is simple. Even if we pay him 150k per week we are still 100k a week better off. We also cleared Varane who was on toward 300k per week.

Those moaning about wages are just complaining for the sake of it.
No it isn't. You think he won't take an offer to United that 2.5x his wages? Then why would you compete against yourself, by offering him wages that are not necessary? Is there another club offering a competing amount in wages?

Reeks of Matt Judge all over again. You don't just offer him much much higher wages because we can. That's how we got in this mess in the first place. Going to United in itself is already a step up. Doubling his wages is already something he would accept because why wouldn't he? United have the ability to offer him more should his performances warrant it. That upward mobility in itself already makes United a more attractive job, apart from competing for trophies and giving him a platform to build his brand.

Should he flop, then you retain the ability to sell him off with his wages.

I think he'd be a good signing for the right price but the fee is what makes this deal difficult. Anything north of about £60m would be excessive, and even that fee is a bit much in a summer where the budgets will likely be tight.

I think players will be offered in exchange. Everton are right up there as ‘frequent destinations’ for the players we move on, they’re just a natural level and obvious club for players not quite good enough for us.

I know they wanted to take Hannibal in January but his own preference at the time was to go to Sevilla, so I would imagine he would be offered to Everton in exchange. Scott Mctominay is another that just screams Everton, but based on last summer, I expect he’s need to be dragged kicking and screaming from Old Trafford. Lindelof could be another, although he seems a but more Inter or Atletico to me. Maybe he could even be offered back to Benfica.
I don't see it happening but if we were able to chuck Maguire their way, that would be a useful deal for all parties. Dyche would love him and he'd be a ready made replacement for Branthwaite. Maguire would have the opportunity for regular minutes at a Premier League club and we could finally move on from him.

We shouldn't sign him if the 70/80m demand is true. The first test that will show whether we've changed or not.

I think this is what will happen but 50M + 10M for some moderately hard add-ons like CL appearances or whatever is fine by me honestly.

I have no desire for us to buy him for over 70 millions, when we can easily buy Todibo for leas than half that. He is not twice the defender that Todibo is

feck the "English tax"

This deal won’t get done and rightfully so. 80m is insane.