Jarrad Branthwaite

Since when has this left foot right foot thing been a concern in CB’s?

Maybe I might be remembering wrong but for most of my life it never seemed to be something that anyone was concerned by until LVG
One of those weird Dutch obsessions

Good breakdown. A lot of cases where the forward gets the step on him and he uses his pace to recover but apparently he's slow. :rolleyes:

What I like about this is that it means we will have 2 cbs who are comfortable pushing up, which might remedy the massive gaps we have in the middle.

"English? Bit of hype? Here's £70+ million!"

Stupid fecking club will never learn. Pissing money away.
Where is it written that wel pay 70m?

That being said it doesnt make sense to jump on him over Todibo who'd be a lot cheaper.

The way some are posting in here you'd think we have an embarrassment of riches at CB.

Maybe we don't but if our injury issues clear up we do have quite a few options at the back whilst we only have 1 striker and a huge hole where a defensive midfielder should be. We have briefed repeatedly that we have about 50M available this summer plus whatever we can raise in sales so blowing 70M on a CB when there are very good options available at half that price would be terrible business.

Since when has this left foot right foot thing been a concern in CB’s?

Maybe I might be remembering wrong but for most of my life it never seemed to be something that anyone was concerned by until LVG

Came into style in the past decade as coaches began to obsess over build up structures to bypass the popularity of high pressing teams. In theory makes sense as passes can be played into fullbacks and midfielders away from on coming pressers, but like I said before the obsession has gone too far at this point. I’d actually say it matters less the more technical a CB is. Now if you have a Chris Smalling back there, then yeah you better play him on the right otherwise he’ll never make a single forward pass.

i can see us getting both,

It’s been reported we want 2 CBs and we need quality in depth.

Where is it written that wel pay 70m?

That being said it doesnt make sense to jump on him over Todibo who'd be a lot cheaper.

As always the middle is about fair. It's tricky to judge fees in terms of ability because you have to factor in value to the selling club etc. I think a 50-70m fee is about right when you balance everything. I think it will end up being around c. 60m.

Imagine the pain watching us pay 70m on this fella, and watch Real Madrid get Leny Yoro for 34m.

70m pounds, 83m euros. Wow.

Couldn't even make the England squad despite a dozen defensive injuries. Is this really the calibre we should be aiming for?

The way some are posting in here you'd think we have an embarrassment of riches at CB.
Posts like this come up every summer whenever someone dares to question a potential transfer. It's like Groundhog Day in here.

Couldn't even make the England squad despite a dozen defensive injuries. Is this really the calibre we should be aiming for?

I was making the same point, but then remembered the England manager in charge.

But generally agree with you, he is not good enough.

The headlines where "Team agrees terms with player!!!!!" always do my head in because you get excited for a second and then realize that you then need to actually arrange a transfer with the club itself who funnily enough arent as easy to deal with.

Good breakdown. A lot of cases where the forward gets the step on him and he uses his pace to recover but apparently he's slow. :rolleyes:

Seems like a good analysis, I like the comments about his channel defending and aggressiveness in the ground duels. My only 'issue' is that the majority of those wide defending and recovery run clips are when he's at the left channel :confused:

Perhaps it's a non issue playing RCB and/or he may even be playing at LCB/a LB type of role.

Exciting times.

I was making the same point, but then remembered the England manager in charge.

But generally agree with you, he is not good enough.

That England manager is potentially the next United manager so doesn't bode well if we sign a player he doesn't rate.

Yes, it reminds me of the Mason Mount thread.
Was thinking that too. I don't watch Everton so I don't have an opinion on this guy in particular, but some posters act like there's no reason to ever be skeptical of our transfer activity.

This thread is painful. :lol:
It's odd because I don't know anyone who's seen him live who hasn't been impressed with him, including me and that's not even to say he played anywhere near his top level in the games I've seen him in.

That England manager is potentially the next United manager so doesn't bode well if we sign a player he doesn't rate.

You might want to check if you owe royalties to @hobbers, I thought he'd monopolised the Southgate concern trolling.

If he's one of two centre-backs we're signing this summer, then this has to be positive. However, the financials are significant.

The transfer fee has to be below £50m. £55m absolute max if we're including performance related add-ons. Everton need to sell for FFP purposes and I don't see any other clubs competing.

As for wages, surely £100-120k is more than adequate. 5 year deal + 1year. Decent performances and he'll be expecting an extension with a pay rise within 3 years. He's coming up to 22yo, if he started off on £150k, it will be £200k next, then anywhere up to £300k for his prime years. We need to take the wage structure seriously now we have cleared some big earners.

i hope some of you fecks step in dogshit tomorrow.

I like how mobile and aggressive he is and how he wins so many duels of the ball, because that is something we sorely lack. Problem is that one of the only players we do have that has those qualities plays in the exact same position.

Can also play at LB which would help with Shaw/Malacia and their injury record.

It is a joke, it is not reasonable at all for a player like him.

That is likely his max salary if we reach UCL and potentially other performance related bonuses. People make too much of this, his base salary is likely much lower than that.

Was thinking that too. I don't watch Everton so I don't have an opinion on this guy in particular, but some posters act like there's no reason to ever be skeptical of our transfer activity.

The amusing thing is we have an actual Everton fan who watches him every week saying he’s a class act yet others admitting they’ve seen nothing of him but it’s a disaster of a signing. Comical really.

As for wages, surely £100-120k is more than adequate. 5 year deal + 1year. Decent performances and he'll be expecting an extension with a pay rise within 3 years. He's coming up to 22yo, if he started off on £150k, it will be £200k next, then anywhere up to £300k for his prime years. We need to take the wage structure seriously now we have cleared some big earners.
This I do tend to agree with. It seems very odd to go straight to the £150-160k reported by Ziegler.

If we spend £70m on him I will genuinely give up on this club. I can't take year after year of dumb transfers, it hurts my brain.

Even anything above £40m, we should abandon it and move on. Scout and sign some players properly for once, not just look at upcoming English players and waste huge sums on them like we did with Sancho, AWB and Maguire under Ole. Then we get Ten Haag and paying £70m for any numpty he saw kick a ball once in the Dutch league. I can't take it anymore. Pay me £40k a year and I will genuinely do a better job than the idiots in our club

Thought we'd be going for more obscure hidden gems under our new structure

Honestly if we end up spunking £360m on him and then wages on top I give up.