Jamal Musiala

Yeah, his mother had trouble extending her work visa due to Brexit so the family packed their stuff and went home to Germany.

Are you sure? I'd read that his mother was worried about the future of the UK following Brexit and that played a part rather than that.

The EU settlement scheme was very easy to apply for and be granted. I've worked with many people who went through the process in low paid, unskilled jobs in warehouses from Poland, Romania, Hungary the Baltic countries etc. Didn't even need to be from an EU country, the EEA or being Swiss which is neither was enough. His mum is educated and worked in social care so has desirable skills. Add in that Jamal himself has a British passport and I think his dad does too, it would have been an automatic 'yes' as far as I'm aware.

Last edited:
What kind of an asshole are you? are you still drunk?

Also: the player your username is named after is Muslim I believe.
I’m pretty sure that’s just a troll account, to be honest. All of their posts on the forum just seem to be rubbish opinions designed to wind up others.

I’m pretty sure that’s just a troll account, to be honest. All of their posts on the forum just seem to be rubbish opinions designed to wind up others.

Has to be, considering his name is named after Thierry Henry, a muslim.

Are you sure? I'd read that his mother was worried about the future of the UK following Brexit and that played a part rather than that.

The EU settlement scheme was very easy to apply for and be granted. I've worked with many people who went through the process in low paid, unskilled jobs in warehouses from Poland, Romania, Hungary the Baltic countries etc. Didn't even need to be from an EU country, the EEA or being Swiss which is neither was enough. His mum is educated and worked in social care so has desirable skills. Add in that Jamal himself has a British passport and I think his dad does too, it would have been an automatic 'yes' as far as I'm aware.
It's not actually that easy. Many people did take advantage of the scheme, but a lot of people also left the country. So it's not quite as straightforward as you are making out.

I don't know what exactly happened with Musiala's Mum but she was prompted to leave in some respect because of Brexit.

I don't think he had a successful dribble last night, the Danes completely had his number. But very composed for the highly important finish, which elevated his overall marks greatly.

I don't think he had a successful dribble last night, the Danes completely had his number. But very composed for the highly important finish, which elevated his overall marks greatly.

One website says he completed 2 from 9 attempts :lol: he's struggled in the last couple of games but like you said it was good to see him still have that confidence to finish that big chance and seal the game. Unlike the guy who actually already scored a goal and still looked under confident on his one on one!

Musiala has always looked mentally strong and confident though, great bonus to have in an already skilled player.

So good! The sort of player I’d be desperate for us to sign but unfortunately we’re not at the level we once were where we could realistically attract this calibre of player. Maybe one day. :(

I think the goal was one of the very few good plays he had yesterday. His first game was ridiculously good, the second was still decent but the last two were underwhelming. I'm a bit worried because we'll be needing a Musiala in top form against Spain and I'm not sure if Nagelsmann gives him this feedback since he instead seems to buy into the hype.

I think the goal was one of the very few good plays he had yesterday. His first game was ridiculously good, the second was still decent but the last two were underwhelming. I'm a bit worried because we'll be needing a Musiala in top form against Spain and I'm not sure if Nagelsmann gives him this feedback since he instead seems to buy into the hype.

He only won 2 of his 13! dribblings yesterday. Too many easy ball losses because of that. Won only 11 of 29 in the Euros. But there is highlightreels...
Overhyped since World Cup 2022 - but really stagnates since then.

He only won 2 of his 13! dribblings yesterday. Too many easy ball losses because of that. Won only 11 of 29 in the Euros. But there is highlightreels...
Overhyped since World Cup 2022 - but really stagnates since then.

In the first game, he actually used his dribblings very purposefully and I thought 'wow, he has really matured' but the last two were poor again. Maybe it had to do with the Scots being the worst opponent but he has it in him. He's still very young but right now I'm not sure that he knows he has to improve in that regard since the public, media and seemingly also the coaching staff are praising him at any occasion. Everybody just seems to ignore how wasteful he was because he scored a goal. The kicker gave only Rüdiger a better rating than Musiala for that game while claiming Wirtz who was centrimetres away from collecting two scorers in 10 minutes of playing time, won all his dribblings and didn't misplace a pass showed an "unlucky performance" that was summed up very well by his goal being offside. It reminds me a bit of the Bellingham hype. And that's Wirtz who is actually a bit of a media darling as well. If Sané had given in a performance like this, you wouldn't hear the end of it.

The Danes always had 2 or even 3 players directly rushing him when he got the ball, so i dont think its fair to critizice him for some lost dribblings.
I rather think that Gündogan and Sané should have done more with the space they were given.

... I'm a bit worried because we'll be needing a Musiala in top form against Spain and I'm not sure if Nagelsmann gives him this feedback since he instead seems to buy into the hype.
Even for your standards thats some pretty big bullshit

The Danes always had 2 or even 3 players directly rushing him when he got the ball, so i dont think its fair to critizice him for some lost dribblings.
I rather think that Gündogan and Sané should have done more with the space they were given.

Yes, that is the reality for most great players, you don't get time to settle and usually surrounded by numbers.

Obviously any player can have a bad or a quiet game and it's not a big deal.

Even for your standards thats some pretty big bullshit

So nice of you :) Coaches have favorites as well, they aren't immune to subjectivity.

Some lost dribblings? He lost eleven and one lead to arguably the biggest chance Denmark had in the complete match. And it is actually the second time that happened since he was also dispossessed unnecessarily immediately before the 1:0 against Switzerland so his tendency to go into unnecessary dribbles has literally cost Germany points already. The goal was more or less his only good play in 80 minutes - he had zero key passes and very few progressive passes or carries. See, I'm not saying that he shouldn't start or anything like that, far from it, he's one of the best players in the world on his day, but he was far away from that level yesterday and probably deserved to be subbed off earlier than he was. Especially considering how consequential Nagelsmann has been so far with subpar performances.

In the first game, he actually used his dribblings very purposefully and I thought 'wow, he has really matured' but the last two were poor again. Maybe it had to do with the Scots being the worst opponent but he has it in him. He's still very young but right now I'm not sure that he knows he has to improve in that regard since the public, media and seemingly also the coaching staff are praising him at any occasion. Everybody just seems to ignore how wasteful he was because he scored a goal. The kicker gave only Rüdiger a better rating than Musiala for that game while claiming Wirtz who was centrimetres away from collecting two scorers in 10 minutes of playing time, won all his dribblings and didn't misplace a pass showed an "unlucky performance" that was summed up very well by his goal being offside. It reminds me a bit of the Bellingham hype. And that's Wirtz who is actually a bit of a media darling as well. If Sané had given in a performance like this, you wouldn't hear the end of it.

Wirtz came on with the game already sealed and with plenty of space to attack. Kind of disingenuous to try and compare Wirtz's minutes versus Musiala.

Yeah I'm looking forward to watching him against Spain, should be an absolutely great game to watch.

So nice of you :) Coaches have favorites as well, they aren't immune to subjectivity.

Some lost dribblings? He lost eleven and one lead to arguably the biggest chance Denmark had in the complete match. And it is actually the second time that happened since he was also dispossessed unnecessarily immediately before the 1:0 against Switzerland so his tendency to go into unnecessary dribbles has literally cost Germany points already. The goal was more or less his only good play in 80 minutes - he had zero key passes and very few progressive passes or carries. See, I'm not saying that he shouldn't start or anything like that, far from it, he's one of the best players in the world on his day, but he was far away from that level yesterday and probably deserved to be subbed off earlier than he was. Especially considering how consequential Nagelsmann has been so far with subpar performances.
Its his way of playing.
He creates so many chances out of nothing because he always tries these dribblings.

What do you expect of him? Only successful dribblings?

Yeah the one ball he lost lead to a big chance and? Didnt Havertz, Sané and Gündogan not lose any ball?

Go check various football apps and newspapers, also international ones.
Most have Musiala as the 2nd or 3rd best player yesterday. Pretty surprising for a player with a "terrible game".
So far Musiala had 2 great and 2 okay games where he was still important.

If you want to watch safety first football without players risking to lose the ball you should maybe start to support England.

Wirtz came on with the game already sealed and with plenty of space to attack. Kind of disingenuous to try and compare Wirtz's minutes versus Musiala.

But I didn't? I'm just arguing that the kicker is criticizing Wirtz for a good cameo while praising Musiala despite being very erratic. The bottom line is that Musiala can't set a foot wrong in many people's opinion right now.

Its his way of playing.
He creates so many chances out of nothing because he always tries these dribblings.

Yeah the one ball he lost lead to a big chance and? Didnt Havertz, Sané and Gündogan not lose any ball?

Most have Musiala as the 2nd or 3rd best player yesterday. Pretty surprising for a player with a "terrible game".

If you want to watch safety first football without players risking to lose the ball you should maybe start to support England.

No need to be so aggressive mate.

I think one aspect where he can really improve is his decision making on "when to dribble."

He has reached the same point Vinicius did a few years ago where he was an amazing dribbler but often dribbled when he didn't need to.

Musiala right now has an issue where often he has this mindset of ,"Must - take - on - fullback", even when he can see it's unlikely to gain anything as there is a covering midfielder there already.

Vinicius's dribble success rate is now much higher, with lower attempted dribbles because his decision making in this regard has improved.

But I didn't? I'm just arguing that the kicker is criticizing Wirtz for a good cameo while praising Musiala despite being very erratic. The bottom line is that Musiala can't set a foot wrong in many people's opinion right now.

Plenty of people have said the didn't have a good game besides the goal.

Its his way of playing.

I expect him to dribble in the right moments and with purpose, not for the sake of it.

They didn't lose any ball that lead to such a big chance so far, no.

That is kind of my point.

I don't want to watch safety first football. But I don't want players to turn blindly into three players during the build up or set up dangerous counter attacks for opponents through erratic passes. That has nothing to do with safety first football but are decision making basics. When Musiala learns to dribble with purpose like in the first game, he can be absolutely unreal but so far he hasn't. That's the difference between the best dribblers in the world, like Messi, Neymar, Robben or Ribery used to be, and players who have the ability but not the decision making, like Ben Arfa or Saint-Maximin. Musiala is obviously already a far better player than those two but he can't lose 11 dribbles in a single match and especially not in such dangerous situations.

I think one aspect where he can really improve is his decision making on "when to dribble."

He has reached the same point Vinicius did a few years ago where he was an amazing dribbler but often dribbled when he didn't need to.

Musiala right now has an issue where often he has this mindset of ,"Must - take - on - fullback", even when he can see it's unlikely to gain anything as there is a covering midfielder there already.

Vinicius's dribble success rate is now much higher, with lower attempted dribbles because his decision making in this regard has improved.
Thats correct.
Well, he basically needs to get more consistent at it because in some games its really good.

Plenty of people have said the didn't have a good game besides the goal.

Who exactly? So far, every opinion I've heard in the media was positive. I just checked Kicker, Spox, Sky, Frankfurter Rundschau, sport and ran. 4 x 2, 1 x 2.5 and 1 x 3. Most have him among the best players on the pitch yesterday.

Musiala had the highest dribble success percentage last season compared to Vinicius, Wirtz, Yamal and Nico Williams with the second highest dribbles attempted (behind Vinicius); according to fbref.

Who exactly? So far, every opinion I've heard in the media was positive. I just checked Kicker, Spox, Sky, Frankfurter Rundschau, sport and ran. 4 x 2, 1 x 2.5 and 1 x 3. Most have him among the best players on the pitch yesterday.

Was referring to people in this thread.

Musiala had the highest dribble success percentage last season compared to Vinicius, Wirtz, Yamal and Nico Williams with the second highest dribbles attempted (behind Vinicius); according to fbref.

Was referring to people in this thread.

Vinicus, despite what the people here who only watched the CL knockouts, had a fecking awful first half of the season and looked like he could do nothing right. Second half he looked like a Balon D'or candidate.

EDIT -> Also I'm basing my opinion entirely on Musiala's CL games and his Germany performances, which may not be representative of his Bayern performances in Bundesliga.

I expect him to dribble in the right moments and with purpose, not for the sake of it.

They didn't lose any ball that lead to such a big chance so far, no.

That is kind of my point.

I don't want to watch safety first football. But I don't want players to turn blindly into three players during the build up or set up dangerous counter attacks for opponents through erratic passes. That has nothing to do with safety first football but are decision making basics. When Musiala learns to dribble with purpose like in the first game, he can be absolutely unreal but so far he hasn't. That's the difference between the best dribblers in the world, like Messi, Neymar, Robben or Ribery used to be, and players who have the ability but not the decision making, like Ben Arfa or Saint-Maximin. Musiala is obviously already a far better player than those two but he can't lose 11 dribbles in a single match and especially not in such dangerous situations.
He didnt lose the ball close to our goal, not even in our half.
How is it only Musialas fault if this results in a big chance for Denmark?
You argue as if his fault was like Schlotterbecks brain fart in our box.

And where do you get 11 lost dribblings from?
Fotmob has him on 2/9 successful dribbles.

He has a goal, another good shot on goal, 2/9 dribblings, 22/26 passes, 48 touches, was fouled 4 times.
Thats no great game and maybe not even a good one but far from a terrible game.

You just seem a bit bitter that Musiala so far has a way better tournament than your darling the way you even compare their Kicker description in the ratings and complain about it lul

Vinicus, despite what the people here who only watched the CL knockouts, had a fecking awful first half of the season and looked like he could do nothing right. Second half he looked like a Balon D'or candidate.

EDIT -> Also I'm basing my opinion entirely on Musiala's CL games and his Germany performances, which may not be representative of his Bayern performances in Bundesliga.

I issue with Musiala is that he overdoes his dribbling, he'll beat one or two players (or the same player twice) and then lose the ball on the third attempt. Statistically that's a 66% success rate but he would still end up losing the ball. This is why I think he's best suited as a winger and not a CAM like Bayern have tried to play him. He loves to attack his defender but then lacks decision making. He's a lot like a young Ribery.

Btw, just looking at stats from another website, his success rate is off the chart. Above 50% in the league when Vinicius is at 36 and then others are below 50, but above 60% in the UCL.

Germany really needs him to have a good game against Spain.

I issue with Musiala is that he overdoes his dribbling, he'll beat one or two players (or the same player twice) and then lose the ball on the third attempt. Statistically that's a 66% success rate but he would still end up losing the ball. This is why I think he's best suited as a winger and not a CAM like Bayern have tried to play him. He loves to attack his defender but then lacks decision making. He's a lot like a young Ribery.

Btw, just looking at stats from another website, his success rate is off the chart. Above 50% in the league when Vinicius is at 36 and then others are below 50, but above 60% in the UCL.

Yeah that's what I was looking at:

I've seen him dribble past a fullback and then crash into the body of the covering midfielder and lose the ball.

Vinicius has cut most of that out (atleast in the past 7 months).

The kicker gave only Rüdiger a better rating than Musiala for that game while claiming Wirtz who was centrimetres away from collecting two scorers in 10 minutes of playing time, won all his dribblings and didn't misplace a pass showed an "unlucky performance" that was summed up very well by his goal being offside.
So you are saying it, indeed, was an „unlucky performance“ as claimed by Kicker?

He didnt lose the ball close to our goal, not even in our half.
How is it only Musialas fault if this results in a big chance for Denmark?
You argue as if his fault was like Schlotterbecks brain fart in our box.

It isn't his fault alone, sure. But you don't lose the ball that easily in the build up phase in the center of the pitch. That's simply very immature decision making and the type of stuff you see from youth players. You don't see top players losing the ball in such situations or at least very, very rarely and almost never when the game is still at stake.

And where do you get 11 lost dribblings from?
Fotmob has him on 2/9 successful dribbles.

fbref.com

He has a goal, another good shot on goal, 2/9 dribblings, 22/26 passes, 48 touches, was fouled 4 times.
Thats no great game and maybe not even a good one but far from a terrible game.

You just seem a bit bitter that Musiala so far has a way better tournament than your darling the way you even compare their Kicker description in the ratings and complain about it lul

I actually commented a couple of times on here that Wirtz' performances in the first two games were very disappointing but I thought he was the best attacker against Switzerland, so yeah, I thought it was a bit unfair that he found himself on the bench. But if Musiala would be playing like in the first game, we wouldn't be having this discussion, trust me. I'm not a very "loyal fan", I don't really care about club affiliations and only want to see good football.

On Musiala's performance: He only played 4 progressive passes in 80 minutes, created not a single chance and only completed 2 out of 13 dribbling attempts. And on the qualitative side, he had that very poor turnover I already mentioned and also fecked up the final cut back to Sané for an open goal right before the handball situation. That's simply a very bad performance all things considered.