Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long was the stop over in Amsterdam? Have they somehow managed to complete the Van De Beek transfer within half an hour and returned back to the airport..

Well we just paid their asking price, there were no negotiations

Dortmunds focus and objective has never been to win silverware. This has been outside of their business goal. Their whole structure is based around buying young cheap potential and churning them into star players for large profits.

If Dortmund's focus was now to win silverware, they would have to spend significantly large sums of money to bring in world class players to even compete with Bayern Munich. Dortmund are not stupid enough to try and compete with a power house such as Bayern. Bayern are stronger now than they have ever been in the last 10 years. Dortmund would be choosing the most difficult time to be competing with Bayern now.

If utd present 120m Euro in any kind of reasonable structure.....guaranteed Dortmund will accept without any hesitation. Even if it is the last day of the window. It meets all their criteria from a business objective. Dortmund will know even by keeping Sancho, they will not win the league. By selling Sancho, they will still get top 4 easily and qualify for the revenue generating champions league spots. Don't be fooled by Dortmunds hard stance.
Of course they will sell at that price, that's their asking price, even though he is not worth that much. And it's simply not true that BD have never been focussed on silverware. They have won silverware before using the same model without spending massively.

This forum has an unhealthy obsession with masturbation

I just presume it's 15-16 year olds with all that unzipping nonsense.

Please tell me it's not actual adults who do professional jobs etc

This deal clearly still on. Guessing United were just gauging the transfer market before making any bids.

This deal clearly still on. Guessing United were just gauging the transfer market before making any bids.
Could also be related to VDB. We may have wanted to get Grealish and Sancho if Dortmund were open to better deal structures. VDB signing means no Grealish and we are about 45million better off than we were yesterday. It could've come down to prioritising Grealish or Sancho and one has won out?

Could also be related to VDB. We may have wanted to get Grealish and Sancho if Dortmund were open to better deal structures. VDB signing means no Grealish and we are about 45million better off than we were yesterday. It could've come down to prioritising Grealish or Sancho and one has won out?

Yea, makes sense. We had seemingly agreed a deal in place for VdB ages ago, who knows why it took so long.

I'm still expecting 2 more signings...with Sancho being one of them.

Wait. Are there still people out there that believe this is going to happen?
Absolutely. I would have been more worried if we signed a player today who played in Sancho's position. Sancho transfer is still most certainly on.

I'm sure it's a little worrying for Dortmund too. They absolutely expect to sell Sancho this summer. Do not be fooled by the hard stance.

Any reliable reports to back this up? Most are reporting that he's either staying, or that they're happy for him to stay if a move doesn't materialize

Sancho and VDB would be a huge statement of intent. We would have to cut Ed and the glazers some slack for fully backing Ole.

It all depends on sancho though because VDB, Brooks and a young CB would be functional but fairly underwhelming after a window that promised much, especially given what our nearest rivals in the table have been up to.

I thought this deal was more than likely over and we dropped the ball but I’m back on board and rolling with the positivity. It sounds like we are still going for it behind the scenes and hopefully Dortmund’s deadline was just posturing. Fingers crossed we can get the deal done because with sancho on board we are firmly back on track as being a premier destination for the worlds best young and ambitious talents. Maybe even more than we’ve ever been before....

Sancho and VDB would be a huge statement of intent. We would have to cut Ed and the glazers some slack for fully backing Ole.

It all depends on sancho though because VDB, Brooks and a young CB would be functional but fairly underwhelming after a window that promised much, especially given what our nearest rivals in the table have been up to.

I thought this deal was more than likely over and we dropped the ball but I’m back on board and rolling with the positivity. It sounds like we are still going for it behind the scenes and hopefully Dortmund’s deadline was just posturing. Fingers crossed we can get the deal done because with sancho on board we are firmly back on track as being a premier destination for the worlds best young and ambitious talents. Maybe even more than we’ve ever been before....
If we get the Sancho deal over the line and he flourishes how we expect with VDB, then Ole absolutely deserves huge credit. Virtually all of his signings will have been a success so far. Maguire, AWB, Bruno, VDB and Sancho. Only James would be open to debate, but for the price we paid for him he was worth the punt and still has time.

This could be huge summer for whole EPL also. Werner, Havertz, Sancho, VDB, Messi, Thiago, Koulibaly...

I thought this deal was more than likely over and we dropped the ball but I’m back on board and rolling with the positivity. It sounds like we are still going for it behind the scenes and hopefully Dortmund’s deadline was just posturing. Fingers crossed we can get the deal done because with sancho on board we are genuinely back on track as being a premier destination for the worlds best young and ambitious talents.

Woody... well, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. To be fair, he did get the Maguire and AWB acquisitions over the line, and now VDB. We really are ponderous though, and Chelsea, in contrast, looks brilliant and decisive.

It’s not like we don’t have the money, and there are essentially banks ready to line up if we don’t have enough cash on hand. Do the board want us to sell Lingard, Andreas, Rojo and Jones first??? If that’s the case, we may be here awhile.

You've got to feel for Brooks though. He's actually quite a good player and the only reason fans are not interested is because he's not Sancho.

You would think now we have found a cheaper midfielder than Grealish that just maybe we will be able to put more up front for Sancho,well at least I am really hoping that is the case

If we get the Sancho deal over the line and he flourishes how we expect with VDB, then Ole absolutely deserves huge credit. Virtually all of his signings will have been a success so far. Maguire, AWB, Bruno, VDB and Sancho. Only James would be open to debate, but for the price we paid for him he was worth the punt and still has time.

If you told me at the start of last season we’d get champions league and have Sancho Bruno and VDB lining up for us (and we kept Pogba) I’d have been absolutely delighted with that.

Last edited:
You've got to feel for Brooks though. He's actually quite a good player and the only reason fans are not interested is because he's not Sancho.
And because this is Manchester United and our preferred first choice attackers tend to have to be top class.

It's similar to eyeing up a Mercedes AMG and then switching your attention to a Honda Accord. Brooks and Sancho are a million miles apart from each other. There's about 3 tiers between the two players.

And because this is Manchester United and our preferred first choice attackers tend to have to be top class.

Does anyone really believe we were ever in for Brooks??? Greenwood is absolutely first choice over Brooks. That would be a squad move.

He’s a decent player, but not CL level. He wouldn’t necessarily get into the first 11 for a lot of mid table clubs. Everton? No. Wolves? No.

Does anyone really believe we were ever in for Brooks??? Greenwood is absolutely first choice over Brooks. That would be a squad move.

He’s a decent player, but not CL level. He wouldn’t necessarily get into the first 11 for a lot of mid table clubs. Everton? No. Wolves? No.
It was mind boggling that we had Caf members who believed Brooks would get into our best eleven ahead of Greenwood. baffling!

So is this back on? I don't see any solid report that says anything. Its the hope that kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.