Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woody... well, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. To be fair, he did get the Maguire and AWB acquisitions over the line, and now VDB. We really are ponderous though, and Chelsea, in contrast, looks brilliant and decisive.

It’s not like we don’t have the money, and there are essentially banks ready to line up if we don’t have enough cash on hand. Do the board want us to sell Lingard, Andreas, Rojo and Jones first??? If that’s the case, we may be here awhile.

im far from Ed’s biggest fan but VDB shows if the scouting is good, the price is fair and the manager wants him we can go out and just do a deal. I’m sure the Ajax-United links helped majorly and to be fair anytime we’ve dealt with Dortmund in the past we’ve been taking players they developed and actually wanted to keep. Sancho was always an investment though. It’s a case of when not if he moves. Hopefully it’s this summer and to us!

Woody... well, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. To be fair, he did get the Maguire and AWB acquisitions over the line, and now VDB. We really are ponderous though, and Chelsea, in contrast, looks brilliant and decisive.

It’s not like we don’t have the money, and there are essentially banks ready to line up if we don’t have enough cash on hand. Do the board want us to sell Lingard, Andreas, Rojo and Jones first??? If that’s the case, we may be here awhile.
Come one now, I'm the first to criticize Ed but credit where credit's due.

Need to stump up the fee sooner rather than later, he's the priority this window, worth every penny.

I get instalments but it needs to be over the line.

I have little hope but we do seem to be briefing that we’re still interested. Usually when a transfer goes wrong we brief about looking at other targets.

I hope it happens. My gut says this is someone Ole wants so Woodward is going through the motions.
Yeah me too. But imo I don't think we'd pay the €120m they've been asking. Everyone is deeply affected by Covid now. Of course except those sugar daddy clubs.

Happy Sancho day!

Is this part of the morning ritual? Slap the alarm clock at 7:00am, open the caf and type 'Happy Sancho day' :cool:

My question at this point fellow Muppet is what happens after Sancho signs? where do you shift your focus, is it waiting for the next saga?

This has to be our next signing. All steam ahead, I dont want any excuses. The price is set, it's upto Utd to show their intent and back Ole.

This has to be our next signing. All steam ahead, I dont want any excuses. The price is set, it's upto Utd to show their intent and back Ole.

It's not about Ole at this point arguably, even if Ole left for whatever reason at some stage because a manager like Zidane, Guardiola, Klopp or someone of that magnitude came to the club having a good squad is mandatory.

If a big research firm hires a top scientist they don't just leave them with a Bunsen burner to work with, having the best equipment at a lab means they produce better results, and if the scientist leaves the company, the next hire can continue the work.

Managers need the right tools, and as bad as people say Mourinho, Van Gaal, Moyes was the reality is the squad was not capable of a title challenge.

As bad as sacking culture is in football, if a new manager comes in the squad should be ready for a title challenge at all times.

Sancho is a complete no-brainer 42 goals/assists for the year at 20 years of age, top quality winger with only around 3 players in Europe at that level ahead of him.

From a business, merchandising and sponsorship perspective too Manchester United need those kind of players.

A double reveal ala Owen and Valencia incoming :drool:

Lawd that was disappointing at the time, those two for Ronnie and Tevez, dark days indeed.

This and Dawns Creek would be a bit more encouraging.

It's not about Ole at this point arguably, even if Ole left for whatever reason at some stage because a manager like Zidane, Guardiola, Klopp or someone of that magnitude came to the club having a good squad is mandatory.

If a big research firm hires a top scientist they don't just leave them with a Bunsen burner to work with, having the best equipment at a lab means they produce better results, and if the scientist leaves the company, the next hire can continue the work.

Managers need the right tools, and as bad as people say Mourinho, Van Gaal, Moyes was the reality is the squad was not capable of a title challenge.

As bad as sacking culture is in football, if a new manager comes in the squad should be ready for a title challenge at all times.

Sancho is a complete no-brainer 42 goals/assists for the year at 20 years of age, top quality winger with only around 3 players in Europe at that level ahead of him.

From a business, merchandising and sponsorship perspective too Manchester United need those kind of players.

:lol:

Unless Dortmund are briefing something off record I don't understand Falks confidence it is just a question of money.
If Ed Woodward went on record and on camera saying a player won't be sold, I would have high confidence he wouldn't be.
Dortmund fans would never believe their club again.

Where's that plane that was en route to Cologne? Hopefully we can bring Sancho back just in time for his next haircut.

Unless Dortmund are briefing something off record I don't understand Falks confidence it is just a question of money.
If Ed Woodward went on record and on camera saying a player won't be sold, I would have high confidence he wouldn't be.

It's not just his opinion though. Falk and Fab have also said if we pay him, he'll join. What they're unsure about is whether or not we will pay the figure.

I initially thought the same, but in hindsight, there'd be many a way that Dortmund could spin it. It's hardly as if the fans think he'll stay long term anyway, he's learnt his trade at Dortmund and it's very clear he wants to move on now

It's not just his opinion though. Falk and Fab have also said if we pay him, he'll join. What they're unsure about is whether or not we will pay the figure.

I initially thought the same, but in hindsight, there'd be many a way that Dortmund could spin it. It's hardly as if the fans think he'll stay long term anyway, he's learnt his trade at Dortmund and it's very clear he wants to move on now
I think the only way Dortmund can spin this is forcing the player to hand in a request.

You clearly weren`t keen during the Dembele, Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan sagas. Zorc said all 3 wouldn`t be sold on record but when the money was paid all 3 left. Dortmund turning down 108m during a pandemic where they`ve lost lots of money is as likely as Santa Claus being real.

There has to be reasons, obviously the Messi story is going to get headlines but Sancho is the second biggest transfer story this summer and United obviously as a commercially driven club (more so than any other team) there's also a lot of work that needs to be done outside of the legal department side.

The same with Messi, Messi wouldn't just be signed for City in a week, they'd want to milk everything to generate as much revenue, views and attention as possible. That includes player reveals, interviews, behind the scenes, build ups to the first game, possible merchandising, it's more than signing a contract and holding a scarf these days.

Even if Sancho was agreed in principle behind closed doors right now with Dortmund if everything Media side wasn't ready, if whatever partnerships are being formed in terms of Sponsors isn't agreed or any third parties that are involved are not ready then the deadline will most likely drag.

VBD is obviously a great signing, but he's not the one the press are talking about all the time, for 40M its just a run of the mill transfer for a club like United, nobody will question the fee, there won't be big unveils, it's a standard fly to the club, do a medical and sign the contract.

Sancho is much different, he's just as big as the Pogba saga, and that involved a lot of media companies involvement, advertising campaigns ready for around the kit launch, adidas had to be briefed too since Pogba is a huge player for them.

You must be new here.

Dortmund have said on numerous occasions that a player isn't for sale only to do a 180 and agree to sell the said player.

Also there is a big difference between us and Dortmund. We are not a selling club, while Dortmund is.

Since Zorc said; "No sale", there were not new rumours. But this thread keeps growing. You muppets...

Is this part of the morning ritual? Slap the alarm clock at 7:00am, open the caf and type 'Happy Sancho day' :cool:

My question at this point fellow Muppet is what happens after Sancho signs? where do you shift your focus, is it waiting for the next saga?
Absolutely, although I do have good catch up on the caf first. As for my focus, it is all one big muppet saga.

Since Zorc said; "No sale", there were not new rumours. But this thread keeps growing. You muppets...

The forum is a bit like the first Monsters Inc feeding on children's screams/laughter, the forum is powered by muppets in the transfer forum, I'd love to see the money this forum generates off ads!

I'm not alluding that it is all about Ole, however we can agree that Sancho is one of Ole's targets, so would be good to see the club get over the line. Agree on your forward thinking, even if Ole goes, the quality of the player(s) can be used by the next manager.

We gotta get this done now after Donny if we dont we will regret it big time and not only that there is no other right winger of his quality around especially available leta get it done Ed!

Imo there was no more new rumour simply because of the bottleneck in this saga. Unless you buy in Zorc is the type who always keep his words.

As someone said previously nowadays clubs would negotiate before committing a formal bid. Like what we did with VDB. So far BvB hasn't budged from their €120m. Us do not want to pay that. Sancho wants to move but not enough to send in a transfer request. Basically nothing new but it's not dead yet. What's wrong to discuss an ongoing transfer?

Why does the journalist who currently uses the interest in Sancho and Havertz in order to get podcast invites (that grow his own brand) not shoot down the rumours? It's so hard to see a reason for this.

Oh wait I got it! It must be a secret club briefing, the age old negotiation tactic whereby they try to put pressure on United by a triple bluff via transfer podcasts. That's the only logical explanation.

This forum has an unhealthy obsession with masturbation
Male dominated forums tend to have a thing for these things.
It's similar to eyeing up a Mercedes AMG and then switching your attention to a Honda Accord. Brooks and Sancho are a million miles apart from each other. There's about 3 tiers between the two players.
Well to be fair AMG Mercs are notoriously faulty and constantly going to the shops, while the reliable Accords just drive on steady and sturdy for miles and miles.

Last edited:
Hopefully DVB signing can give us a slight upper hand in this long-ass saga. We’ve basically said we’ll move on to our other targets and now that we have, they might genuinely think they have to lower their fee slightly. This could and probably will end up going into next month

You must be new here.

Dortmund have said on numerous occasions that a player isn't for sale only to do a 180 and agree to sell the said player.

Also there is a big difference between us and Dortmund. We are not a selling club, while Dortmund is.

Everyone does that. Remember about selling to a virus?

im far from Ed’s biggest fan but VDB shows if the scouting is good, the price is fair and the manager wants him we can go out and just do a deal. I’m sure the Ajax-United links helped majorly and to be fair anytime we’ve dealt with Dortmund in the past we’ve been taking players they developed and actually wanted to keep. Sancho was always an investment though. It’s a case of when not if he moves. Hopefully it’s this summer and to us!
Scouting? Surely you don't need a scout to 'unearth' someone who got to a Champs League semi a year ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.