Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the only good thing as of now is that it's different than Dybala fiasco where even the player himself was largely reluctant.

Pointing out that we had a fellow playing RW who has an argument for being the GOAT isn’t being condescending... it’s a fact. Ronaldo played as a classic RW almost exclusively his first 2-3 years here and he was damn good. See, cause we had a guy, Ryan Giggs, who was VERY left footed, who was played at LW. Would they swap flanks midway through the first half? Yes, sometimes. It wasn’t until the 06-07 season that Cristiano started and played on the left, won PL Player of the Year, Giggs moved more centrally, either as a second striker behind Rooney or as part of a midfield 4. SAF played Ronaldo wherever he thought the opposition was weakest.

@Abdullah7

Not sure if disagreeing with someone is considered “condescending”, if it is, you’re in the wrong place mate.
RE my post, Woosh!

Is this new quote? He really needs to stop making this point, its getting tiresome.
Look at the context. It's not Romano making articles out there for the sake of stringing people along. Some other account has just quoted him which might be when he's specifically asked for any status re. Sancho.
It's getting tiresome that people keep thinking Romano is dragging others along when they themselves keep pushing for an update.

If Dortmund sell him this summer, it means they don't take their fans seriously.

Look at the context. It's not Romano making articles out there for the sake of stringing people along. Some other account has just quoted him which might be when he's specifically asked for any status re. Sancho.
It's getting tiresome that people keep thinking Romano is dragging others along when they themselves keep pushing for an update.

I don't blame Romano. He seems like genuine reporter who obviously has a lot of contacts within the game. He must be getting frustrated being asked the same question again and again. I feel he should just stop responding to this till we have some other news

I don't blame Romano. He seems like genuine reporter who obviously has a lot of contacts within the game. He must be getting frustrated being asked the same question again and again. I feel he should just stop responding to this till we have some other news
Why? He's getting paid to answer questions, it increases his pull to the fan-base/broader media.

Why? He's getting paid to answer questions, it increases his pull to the fan-base/broader media.

Bit of both. Part of his job, but also must get annoying being asked repeatedly the same questions and probably getting abuse as well.

Bit of both. Part of his job, but also must get annoying being asked repeatedly the same questions and probably getting abuse as well.
Annoying indeed. Part of the job though.

So the people here need to stop stupidly worrying themselves that Barca or Real would be swooping in anytime. He clearly wants a move back to England and to UNITED

As opposed to where? The Left Luggage counter at Euston Station?

Jesus Christ, this thread is like fecking Groundhog Day. Yes we get it either pay the €120m or it doesn’t happen. We got the message after the first 500 tweets telling us that, how many more times are these fecking journos gonna push that? It’s getting very tiresome.

Jesus Christ, this thread is like fecking Groundhog Day. Yes we get it either pay the €120m or it doesn’t happen. We got the message after the first 500 tweets telling us that, how many more times are these fecking journos gonna push that? It’s getting very tiresome.

People are asking him so he responded. Can’t blame the guy for answering some questions although it’s getting repetitive

To be fair to him, he gets asked the same question every day by so many united fan boys. I look at his patience as something I should have too. He replies the same thing everytime

People are asking him so he responded. Can’t blame the guy for answering some questions although it’s getting repetitive
To be fair to him, he gets asked the same question every day by so many united fan boys. I look at his patience as something I should have too. He replies the same thing everytime

Yeah I get he’s only answering a question but feck me it’s getting boring. At this point he should just say the situation hasn’t changed and point anyone asking to his previous tweets. It’s not a big at Romano personally, it’s literally every single journalist saying the same thing over and over.

They’re responding to people pestering them on Twitter

Imo this will drag until last days of the windows. If Dortmund budges we get him. If no we'll probably loan some RW.

Imo this will drag until last days of the windows. If Dortmund budges we get him. If no we'll probably loan some RW.

Why would they?

Ed talks like he runs Real Madrid but spends like he runs Spurs. Except when his job is at risk.

Could it be that United has put the transfer on hold, considering they know what they need to pay and Sancho's willingness to join, to sort out other potensial deals first? It's obvious that United needs to bolster other positions in the squad as well, and if it's still room for them to splash 120 mill after the situation round Ole's other targets is sorted, they'll do it. It's probably relying on players leaving as well, potentially bolstering their budget.

Why would they?

Ed talks like he runs Real Madrid but spends like he runs Spurs. Except when his job is at risk.
Of course I don't know, but it's not like it's impossible I think.

I didn't say they'd budge. I only listed the two scenarios that imo would likely to happen. The later is more likely, we'll loan some RW I think.

Yeah I get he’s only answering a question but feck me it’s getting boring. At this point he should just say the situation hasn’t changed and point anyone asking to his previous tweets. It’s not a big at Romano personally, it’s literally every single journalist saying the same thing over and over.
That's what they say, though; Romano himself has repeated on several occasions that nothing has changed. If he doesn't respond, then he risks losing followers. It's a lose-lose situation for him.

I reckon you’ll get him now. Seemed like you wanted Grealish and Sancho but Villa slapping a huge price tag on Grealish made it impossible to get both so in comes de Beek as the alternative.

I reckon you’ll get him now. Seemed like you wanted Grealish and Sancho but Villa slapping a huge price tag on Grealish made it impossible to get both so in comes de Beek as the alternative.

Yeah I think we kept both Grealish and Sancho as main targets. With VDB and Thiago (no link for him just my personal wish) available for less than Grealish, it didn't make sense for Grealish.

Sancho is next

Yeah I think we kept both Grealish and Sancho as main targets. With VDB and Thiago (no link for him just my personal wish) available for less than Grealish, it didn't make sense for Grealish.

Sancho is next
The PL will be very competitive next season with all these big moves

I'm almost sure we're going to get him. There's something very different about this transfer and the other ones over the last couple years that didn't materialize.

You're totally right, but maybe we're trying to find the way to bring him now and still being able to do more business this summer. I don't expect Dortmund to lower the total fee much, but the structure of the deal could be important to allow us more margin to operate.

This coming season is going to be brutal with that congested calendar, and I think rotation will be key to be regular and compete on every front. Those able to keep a big part of the squad involved, with competition rhythm and motivation over the course of the season will have a big advantage.

In our case Ole doesn't seem to trust the squad much aside the first XI and a pair of players more, so I'd say we are in a bad position at the moment. So either the club finds the way to add quality depth/competition somehow, or I believe we're set for disappointment. There's players like Ighalo, Fred or Scott that I think he should play more, but in general our squad depth is what it is. Ighalo leaves in January by the way so that's another hole to fill.

I'm still in the Sancho bandwagon but I'm starting to fear we'll get short again this summer, considering also how painfully slow we are to do everything. If we were considering signing 4 solid players including some alternative to Sancho, I guess we would have started with it already but there's nothing at all. To me it looks like we're focusing on doing this first sooner or later, and the rest will depend on what happens here.

Rotation will be key and although it may be wishful thinking, I have to believe that our depth is stronger going into 20/21 than it was going into 19/20. Fred and McTominay were pretty regular starters for us before while we brought in Bruno and while Pogba was out injured. If rumors that we're bringing VDB come true, that's a significant upgrade to our midfield. Now Fred and McTominay are squad players and pretty decent ones at that. We could use an upgrade at CB and if we do so Lindelof is a very decent third choice at CB. And I'm actually confident Tuanzebe and Fosu-Mensah will develop well for us.

And if we do bring in Sancho, Greenwood would be an outstanding squad player for us anywhere along the front line -- and I suspect it won't be long before he pushes out either Rashford or Martial as a regular starter.

And with Henderson secure, we have options at keeper.

Do Sancho and van de Beek and we're in very good shape going into next season.

Sancho deal is close guys! This VDB points to a deal with Sancho being very close. Looking forward to his reveal very soon now!

Status
Not open for further replies.