Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is typical of the boom-bust cycle of break ups.

When you're the one been ditched and you hold on to little things that don't mean anything to signs that she will come back but all the while she's weaning you off.

That's how this page is. The transfer is been held by things that ordinarily will not make the news.

If we actually go for donny van de beek, there's no way in hell we're realistically trying to get sancho anymore

If we actually go for donny van de beek, there's no way in hell we're realistically trying to get sancho anymore
It’s the other way around.
Since we’re going for van de beek, Sancho deal is done.

I think this might be right. VDB is hardly the priority and if we're struggling to make the Sancho price, dropping money on VDB isn't helping. I'm disappointed, but it is what it is. Will have to try again next summer.

It’s the other way around.
Since we’re going for van de beek, Sancho deal is done.
You thing we have enough cash for both this window? I'm concerned, but I hope you are right. So we know we approached VBD but still haven't briefed about Sancho. Would make sense to confirm it's off if we have other targets. So maybe you are right? :confused:

Why? I mean the rumours all summer have been an interest in three positions. Sancho, Grealish/VdB and a CB.

Sancho deal will be payed in installments. No way we burn the whole £100m transfer budget on only Sancho.
£60 + £28 + £20 for Sancho
£40 for VDB

Thats what I think.

Why? I mean the rumours all summer have been an interest in three positions. Sancho, Grealish/VdB and a CB.
Because I'm starting to buy into the idea that we're unable to do more than said deal in this covid environment. I thought we may go for a "sancho or bust" window. To me, cheaper squad signing is a signal of walking away

Nope. One transfer doesn’t affect the other.

Wot?! Why ?

RedCafe Logic that’s why.

Apparently we’re cash strapped (We wont talk about the £800M on players since 2013. No one wants to talk about that)

Sancho deal will be payed in installments. No way we burn the whole £100m transfer budget on only Sancho.
£60 + £28 + £20 for Sancho
£40 for VDB

Thats what I think.
What do you think Dortmund will say about that?

What do you think Dortmund will say about that?
The asking price is £108m (€120) if im correct? So i guess they will be perfectly fine with that.
Ed will find a way to screw up the installments though.

Because this is the Caf and United potentially signing a good young footballer at a great fee has to be spun into a negative somehow.
I think vdb is a capable squad addition. Ive also noted on multiple pages on this thread for weeks that i believed it could be a "sancho or bust" window. A 30ish million signing, when i believe it's "sancho or bust " makes me think we could've walked and now focused on cheaper squad signings. But don't let my personal opinion stop you from posting your hot takes.

VDB signing means that we’ve dropped interest in Grealish not Sancho.

They were probably expecting to get Grealish for £40-£50 million. Villas £80 million valuation would probably stop us from completing the Sancho deal.

I reckon the club has turned to DVB because he’s a class young player and much cheaper than Grealish.

The cash saved goes towards Sancho.

All ze muppetz unzip! wir haben JA!
:lol:
£108 is probably low balling. If that’s our starting point we might be here a while...
That's probably true.
The asking price is £108m (€120) if im correct? So i guess they will be perfectly fine with that.
Ed will find a way to screw up the installments though.
60m is pretty low given that Leicester didn't give us any chance what so ever to pay the 80m in installments.

the only good news on the Sancho front is that we didn't brief about walking away when briefing about VDB. However, i personally don't think it's a good sign, tend to think this is now a move into squad depth signings over a marquee RW signing.

the only good news on the Sancho front is that we didn't brief about walking away when briefing about VDB. However, i personally don't think it's a good sign, tend to think this is now a move into squad depth signings over a marquee RW signing.
We need both RW and squad depth. So I think it's still more positive than having no movements at all.
You can also say that us going after Van De Beek, a cheaper option than Grealish, would free up more budget for this Sancho deal.

Not sure if this has been posted, but it's still a matter of us paying up. Relieving to hear Dortmund will still sell if we pay the price. Just fecking pay it

If we ain`t getting Sancho VDB+Grealish with Lingard and Pereira out is smart business. It at least strengthens our attacking depth and ensures we keep playing Marcus, Martial and Greenwood(with the privelege of having solid options to rotate with) who have the potential to be our Mane, Salah and Firmino.
Add a LCB once Smalling goes and our window is still good.

Apparently we’re cash strapped (We wont talk about the £800M on players since 2013. No one wants to talk about that)
That’s like £600 mill net in 7 years. Chelsea are potentially spending a third of that in one window.

Madrid spent almost half that in one window last Summer.

Are we that much smaller than those clubs in your eyes?

Stop pandering to our leaching owners, it’s sickening.

Last edited:
Dortmund : "Nein!"
Somewhere in Manchester
Woodward : "I bid ninety million as what they wanted but it got rejected and they asked for nine again.. I do not understand this"

If we ain`t getting Sancho VDB+Grealish with Lingard and Pereira out is smart business. It at least strengthens our attacking depth and ensures we keep playing Marcus, Martial and Greenwood(with the privelege of having solid options to rotate with) who have the potential to be our Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez.
Add a LCB once Smalling goes and our window is still good.

Fixed that for you....

800m spend in 6 seasons is an average of £133m per season. That is the Sancho fee alone. Not much spare change from that.

So talk about the average yearly spend instead and work back from that.

Or the recent club statement about transfers being limited post Covid19.

Or look at the average spend in Summers when we have previously achieved top 4.

Or look at the spend before 2013.

Its not about being cash strapped. Its about looking at the trends at our club.

Not sure if this has been posted, but it's still a matter of us paying up. Relieving to hear Dortmund will still sell if we pay the price. Just fecking pay it

I think you are reading between the lines here. One part of the deal is us paying the 120 m, which Fabrizio is alluding to. However, he says nothing about whether Dortmund are still willing to sell.

I think you are reading between the lines here. One part of the deal is us paying the 120 m, which Fabrizio is alluding to. However, he says nothing about whether Dortmund are still willing to sell.

How so? I interpret it as .. if we pay the €120 we get Sancho. Not sure what else he could mean!

Of course it implies that Dortmund would sell at that fee otherwise there's no need for him to mention an amount or anything at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.