Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
And to be pedantic that’s why I said ‘only’ when responding to the poster who said that clubs ‘only’ bid when they have a fee agreed.

Well that poster made a comment about this specific situation, you then asked a general question and introduced the word 'only' into the equation, if we're going to be pedantic about it :D

Yeah I agree unfortunately. Now is the time to get him but seems we have messed it up. It's always difficult without knowing the full facts or negotiations but we always seem to have the same problem getting these deals sorted.

I think this is what happened too. Fans taking the silence as golden while the club are most likely saying nothing because they’ll look like are they are messing up in the market yet again but they intend on going back in for him next summer so won’t publicly brief the deal is dead or we can’t actually afford him. If this is the case fine but chop chop and get some other positions sorted. Even Forbes are on uniteds case at this stage for not investing while we are on the up. If we’ve to wait till nextyear for sancho that will be the 3rd or 4th year of us chasing a player who supposedly wants to come here... seems about right...

I think this is what happened too. Fans taking the silence as golden while the club are most likely saying nothing because they’ll look like are they are messing up in the market yet again but they intend on going back in for him next summer so won’t publicly brief the deal is dead or we can’t actually afford him. If this is the case fine but chop chop and get some other positions sorted. Even Forbes are on uniteds case at this stage for not investing while we are on the up. If we’ve to wait till nextyear for sancho that will be the 3rd or 4th year of us chasing a player who supposedly wants to come here... seems about right...
They didn`t have the same embarassment when they eventually said publicly Dybala/Griezmann deals are dead so I dont get what you`re trying to say here. You`d imagine if it was dead now would be the perfect time to say it as our season is over with nothing to lose and if they risk passing this message after our season starts especially if we start off with a loss/draw the online backlash will be even stronger than it would have been before like 2014 under LVG or when our season was still on going during the EL imagine briefing such a thing when you get knocked out of the EL so even on their part makes zero sense to delay it. If it was dead it would be out there. Your more accurate description is "unlikely"

I can only imagine our chance to learn anything new about sancho or any signings will be pre-GW1 press conference? The club seem either happy or deer caught in headlights to just say or brief nothing on no one. :lol: :(

We received proof that he was a previously banned user called slig. His posts hadn't improved in that time frame so had to go. If there was evidence his posts had got better, he may have been allowed to stay but there was zero change.
Anakin our allegiance is to Sancho, the republic, and to democracy

According to Lichtenstein's leading scientists who ran a test on this subject the other day, getting promoted and banned from Redcafe on the same day is the equivalent to having your balls repeatedly kicked by a roided-up horse with lead shoes on.
:lol:

We received proof that he was a previously banned user called slig. His posts hadn't improved in that time frame so had to go. If there was evidence his posts had got better, he may have been allowed to stay but there was zero change.
What I would like to know is how a poster who does not know how to use paragraphs get promoted in the first place seeing its one of the points pushed upon newbs.....
It’s quite disheartening .mica has been promoted twice and I’m still a newb. Oh well, in other news there’s no news on the Sancho front but my gut is telling me that we’ll sign him this window.
Follow the advice one of the previous posters gave you (about posting in other sections). It's an obviously flawed system which many of us don't have the time to circumvent
:lol: Mods tearing their hair out at this.

The newbie system is annoying to go through, but understandable on such a big forum.
The most annoying thing about this is that the system works 'backwards'

I've mentioned this once before and will mention it once again.

A new member should be given full member status from the offset, only catch is that they are given a number of "points"

When the new member posts rubbish than your deduct the points until those points are consumed.

The new member than has the option of improving their content or getting demoted to newb status, which is currently the norm for new members.

In this way redcafe is not missing out on "high quality" members who don't have the time circumventing current system but would like to post more.

But as with most things this day and age, such a suggestion is too logical so is disregarded from the offset.....

What I would like to know is how a poster who does not know how to use paragraphs get promoted in the first place seeing its one of the points pushed upon newbs.....

Follow the advice one of the previous posters gave you (about posting in other sections). It's an obviously flawed system which many of us don't have the time to circumvent

A new member should be given full member status from the offset, only catch is that they are given a number of "points"

When the new member posts rubbish than your deduct the points until those points are consumed.

The new member than has the option of improving their content or getting demoted to newb status, which is currently the norm for new members.

In this way redcafe is not missing out on "high quality" members who don't have the time circumventing current system but would like to post more.

But as with most things this day and age, such a suggestion is too logical so is disregarded from the offset.....
I’d deduct 10 points from you for this post.

But then you’re expecting mods to read and track every new members contributions to ensure they’re adding to the mains and not taking anything away/trolling. The current system isn’t perfect if you’re a noob, but it’s surely a lot better for mods as it’s way less time-consuming. It’s not a paid gig.

Because it would he an unmitigated disaster. It might miss out on a few quality posters who are demotivated by having to prove their quality before being given full access to the forum, but it would also invite in swathes of shitposters and rival fans that just want to stir the pot for the afternoon. Remember, football is an emotive business, and no team in England has so many football enthusiasts set against. The quality might've gone down here in recent years, but it's still a damn sight better than the vast majority of football forums.

50 points from Gryffindor and let that be the end of it Potter.

Thank god for the newbie system if this is what we’d be subjected to...
+1

Everything is far too quiet...nothing coming out at all about United and transfers. Bet there's a lot going on behind the scenes.

Yes, I'm of this thinking. We have done a couple of loans, signed up Henderson, obviously had other off the field issues to deal with.

If there was nothing going on, we would have heard the "no value in the market" line. But as it is, from recent reports, United are "relaxed." That's positive enough for me.

Yes, I'm of this thinking. We have done a couple of loans, signed up Henderson, obviously had other off the field issues to deal with.

If there was nothing going on, we would have heard the "no value in the market" line. But as it is, from recent reports, United are "relaxed." That's positive enough for me.
TBF they`ve come out and said "It wont be business as usual" and how much the pandemic has affected Utd

This will be the last post I make on this subject here as its the wrong thread, but seeing the number of "Full member" who felt the need to jump on my post with negative rhetric I must respond!
You feel that threatened

:lol:

But then you’re expecting mods to read and track every new members contributions to ensure they’re adding to the mains and not taking anything away/trolling. The current system isn’t perfect if you’re a noob, but it’s surely a lot better for mods as it’s way less time-consuming. It’s not a paid gig.

No, that may be your expectation.

The points would be set at a very low bar, in this way you wouldnt need mods to "read and track every new member"

The crap posts would just be flagged pretty quick and seeing that the points bar is low ....
Because it would he an unmitigated disaster. It might miss out on a few quality posters who are demotivated by having to prove their quality before being given full access to the forum, but it would also invite in swathes of shitposters and rival fans that just want to stir the pot for the afternoon. Remember, football is an emotive business, and no team in England has so many football enthusiasts set against. The quality might've gone down here in recent years, but it's still a damn sight better than the vast majority of football forums.

Neither yourself or I know this to be fact (unmitigated disaster) you would be suprised on the amount of "quality posters" would like to post more but dont have the time to circumvent said system and looking at some of the "new members" who got promoted there is little wonder that some "new members" are disappointed....

Dont have time for other forums, so cant comment about those, only can comment on what ive seen at redcafe over the years.
50 points from Gryffindor and let that be the end of it Potter.

Without bravery, change would never occur

:D
Thank god for the newbie system if this is what we’d be subjected to...

+1

You do realise the strength and sentiment in your comment when you start using terms such as "we'd" ?

But I am not going to get into that as we would be dwelving into the realms of social anthropology....

What even is this thread by now?

And where the hell are all the talented gif'rs and funny guys?

Epic transfer threads are supposed to be sources of the best work on the caf, ffs.

4/10

There would be a constant air of threat using the forum as you would be aware that all of your posts are being scrutinised for 'quality' which is a purely subjective term.
No system will be perfect and we can always respectfully agree to disagree.

If you have not earned promotion in six years, while "mica" got not just one but several accounts past the mods, then maybe it's just you and not the system holding you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.