Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who the feck is this guy?
It was a very cheeky way of getting views for his video. Basically used a tweet from a “ITK” account.

Only value i would give it is the fact this twitter account has got quite a lot of stuff nailed on recently. It even tweeted Henderson signing a £100k a week contract with united over a week before it happened!

It was a very cheeky way of getting views for his video. Basically used a tweet from a “ITK” account.

Only value i would give it is the fact this twitter account has got quite a lot of stuff nailed on recently. It even tweeted Henderson signing a £100k a week contract with united over a week before it happened!
Really? That is significant in fairness. Because the media had no clue about Henderson’s renewal.

Really? That is significant in fairness. Because the media had no clue about Henderson’s renewal.
Yeah you can see his tweet about henderson and the date it was posted. That’s the only reason I paid attention. Even got the wages right!

It’s quite disheartening .mica has been promoted twice and I’m still a newb. Oh well, in other news there’s no news on the Sancho front but my gut is telling me that we’ll sign him this window.

Dammit! Came out of a meeting to see this thread increase by over 10 pages. I thought I might see some good news, but it was just feckin .mica.

It’s quite disheartening .mica has been promoted twice and I’m still a newb. Oh well, in other news there’s no news on the Sancho front but my gut is telling me that we’ll sign him this window.

You've got 6 likes from 186 posts over 4 years.

Just get the finger out the posting front and you'll be there in no time.

Blame sultan for that :lol: I hope you get promoted soon my man.

90% of your posts lately are in this thread. I suggest looking for other topics and putting down a few paragraphs about your opinion on that in threads that don't move as fast. As long as it looks like you put some effort in you'll get the likes in no time.

After I got promoted I started shitposting more. So maybe it would have been better to keep me a newbie.

That's exactly what happens.

A formal bid is usually only made when it's likely to be accepted.

That's why the clubs are always saying they never bid for such and such as if they weren't interested.
So how do you explain stories of other clubs saying ‘we’ve rejected a bid for so and so’. Obviously there are times what you’re saying happens, but there are also many times when clubs put in a bid first and have it rejected.

Same as before - not happening now as Dortmund not getting Ikone. No forward signing for United. Defender likely, Ballo-Toure from Monaco we are keen on.

For holding midfielder supposedly were keen on Bennacer but not been word on that in ages.

Same as before - not happening now as Dortmund not getting Ikone. No forward signing for United. Defender likely, Ballo-Toure from Monaco we are keen on.

For holding midfielder supposedly were keen on Bennacer but not been word on that in ages.
Yes you’ve already told us the same thing multiple times. You believe it’s dead. Nothing is going to happen. We’re getting relegated this season. Thanks for your positive outlook on life.

Nice try .mica MK3

What’s with this pretend ITK act? I don’t know if any of us are buying it mate.

So how do you explain stories of other clubs saying ‘we’ve rejected a bid for so and so’. Obviously there are times what you’re saying happens, but there are also many times when clubs put in a bid first and have it rejected.

I said usually and maybe that was a bit strong and obviously it's not always the case.

It's also a question of semantics between an informal bid or offer during a negotiation and a formal bid.

The selling club is always rejecting offers and the buying club often claim they never made one.

In this case by all accounts United are/were negotiating with agents, rather than directly with the club, so as they've haven't reached an agreement on a price with the intermediareys they've haven't sent a bid to or spoken directly with Dortmund.

I dont think he shouldve been banned at all to be honest it doesn't sit right with me. He was fighting his corner alone even though he seemed a bit antagonistic.
You should have seen the weak arse sh*t I got banned for! In fact it was so trivial neither I, nor any mod can tell me why :lol:

True story

I get the stance we are playing, with covid, there are financial constraints that limit buying power. 120m is a lot of money, does anyone know if we have even bid yet? I have heard so many conflicting stories, but honestly, I am not even certain we have even offered 50m as a starting bid. I am not sure how Ed expects to negotiate, it is very different to my approach. I think if Dortmund stay still on 120m, we have to do it. If we do not, Madrid, PsG, Juve will be on his radar next season. He is 20, if we get 10 years out of him, a few trophies, then 120m is nothing. Dortmund played hardball with Dembelle, they have no pressure to sell. If they keep him, the mix of youth and experience will be awesome.

I get the stance we are playing, with covid, there are financial constraints that limit buying power. 120m is a lot of money, does anyone know if we have even bid yet? I have heard so many conflicting stories, but honestly, I am not even certain we have even offered 50m as a starting bid. I am not sure how Ed expects to negotiate, it is very different to my approach. I think if Dortmund stay still on 120m, we have to do it. If we do not, Madrid, PsG, Juve will be on his radar next season. He is 20, if we get 10 years out of him, a few trophies, then 120m is nothing. Dortmund played hardball with Dembelle, they have no pressure to sell. If they keep him, the mix of youth and experience will be awesome.
Dortmund haven't received a formal offer from us yet because we're negotiating a good offer with their agents. There are differing news on what we offered, but I can't say if any of them are reliable. So far, we know that we will be paying 120 million Euros eventually; we're just working with Dortmund's agents to finalise the payment structure.

When one stops to consider the trajectory of gross/net revenues for top football clubs -- the pandemic shall pass -- 108m plus the presumed 250k/week (no idea) over what would likely be a 12-13 year career at the highest level isn't really that much at all to invest in him.

Crazy we haven't signed him up by now. He's a proven top player and it's a position of need and we're a club that seeks major trophies. Or is it?
You're totally right, but maybe we're trying to find the way to bring him now and still being able to do more business this summer. I don't expect Dortmund to lower the total fee much, but the structure of the deal could be important to allow us more margin to operate.

This coming season is going to be brutal with that congested calendar, and I think rotation will be key to be regular and compete on every front. Those able to keep a big part of the squad involved, with competition rhythm and motivation over the course of the season will have a big advantage.

In our case Ole doesn't seem to trust the squad much aside the first XI and a pair of players more, so I'd say we are in a bad position at the moment. So either the club finds the way to add quality depth/competition somehow, or I believe we're set for disappointment. There's players like Ighalo, Fred or Scott that I think he should play more, but in general our squad depth is what it is. Ighalo leaves in January by the way so that's another hole to fill.

I'm still in the Sancho bandwagon but I'm starting to fear we'll get short again this summer, considering also how painfully slow we are to do everything. If we were considering signing 4 solid players including some alternative to Sancho, I guess we would have started with it already but there's nothing at all. To me it looks like we're focusing on doing this first sooner or later, and the rest will depend on what happens here.

Status
Not open for further replies.