Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Course he’ll sign. Nailed on imo. We’ve had the usual rumours, the selling club denials, nothing much from United and now it’s all died down and people are no longer willing to channel their inner muppet. It’ll happen and I’ve been unzipped from day one with no worries.

It was said he was a banned returnee
I read as much still he didn't seem any different to that glastonspur bloke. I like that we have rival fans on here we can't expect them all to toe the line (plus it was fun to take the piss)

I fear some of you guys are going to be very disappointed in the end. There is still this fantasy that United can just call Dortmund and accept the 120m? demand and the deal will be done but this scenario is off the table. What you instead have to hope for is that Sancho pulls a Dembele and forces the move and I would say that there is maybe a 5% chance at best of that happening.

So it's not completely over but those that still think this is 100% on are under the spell of wishful thinking.

Back when I was a newbie there was a separate forum for us i think was ages ago and I put so much effort into my posts to be promoted then didnt care so much after that. A bit like a relationship.
Pretty much. Became a full member after about 25 posts, and after that it's been mostly nonsense.

Pretty much. Became a full member after about 25 posts, and after that it's been mostly nonsense.
I wouldn’t worry about it, I’m at nearly 13k posts and I don’t think I’ve said anything the least bit insightful in any one of them.

Back when I was a newbie there was a separate forum for us i think was ages ago and I put so much effort into my posts to be promoted then didnt care so much after that. A bit like a relationship.
I wouldn’t worry about it, I’m at nearly 13k posts and I don’t think I’ve said anything the least bit insightful in any one of them.

:lol: Mods tearing their hair out at this.

The newbie system is annoying to go through, but understandable on such a big forum.

Same as before - not happening now as Dortmund not getting Ikone. No forward signing for United. Defender likely, Ballo-Toure from Monaco we are keen on.

For holding midfielder supposedly were keen on Bennacer but not been word on that in ages.

As long as the clubs' briefings have no indications about pulling out due to x,y and z then it's still on. The clubs will reach to a common ground and we will sort it out.

Pogba's deal is the closest to this one and woody was able to get us to the finish line desbite dealing with Juve & Raiola.

Last edited:
Course he’ll sign. Nailed on imo. We’ve had the usual rumours, the selling club denials, nothing much from United and now it’s all died down and people are no longer willing to channel their inner muppet. It’ll happen and I’ve been unzipped from day one with no worries.

I admire your confidence, courage and positivity!

Hope you are covering up in public. See you on the other side.

Is tomorrow the day?

I admire your confidence, courage and positivity!

Hope you are covering up in public. See you on the other side.

Is tomorrow the day?
Appreciate the kind words!

I’m unzipped solely at home. UFH if you will.

It’ll drag on until 2nd week of September I reckon.

I fear some of you guys are going to be very disappointed in the end. There is still this fantasy that United can just call Dortmund and accept the 120m? demand and the deal will be done but this scenario is off the table. What you instead have to hope for is that Sancho pulls a Dembele and forces the move and I would say that there is maybe a 5% chance at best of that happening.

So it's not completely over but those that still think this is 100% on are under the spell of wishful thinking.
Trust me mate. This is happening. This is how United do business unfortunately. You’ll be surprised yourself when it’s announced that Sancho is on his way.

I felt like I produced a lot of good content when I was a newbie. It wasn’t even because I wanted to get promoted. I was just getting involved in discussions (and then getting frustrated when my 5 posts for the day were used up).

Ever since I’ve been promoted I feel like I’ve gone off the rails and been an absolute assh0le in some posts. Feel like I need a rehab. We need a rehab forum.

I felt like I produced a lot of good content when I was a newbie. It wasn’t even because I wanted to get promoted. I was just getting involved in discussions (and then getting frustrated when my 5 posts for the day were used up).

Ever since I’ve been promoted I feel like I’ve gone off the rails and been an absolute assh0le in some posts. Feel like I need a rehab. We need a rehab forum.
Thats funny maybe you're right my best stuff has been on science not footy as someone mentioned before mix it up. I'm clueless on footy though. Anyway back to Sancho, can't see it happening unfortunately dont think we've the money plus at 108 seems a fair deal.

this shop is actually a red light district hooker who dangles her wares in the shop window waiting for a man with enough money to come and tempt her.

All you need to do is step through the door with enough cash, and off come the undies :D Make no mistake £120m turns her light off.
:lol:

It honestly wouldn’t shock me if Dortmund turned around on deadline day when we cough up 108 mil and say “no it’s too late”, and I couldn’t blame them.

From this...
An old uni pal of mine that I'm still in touch with works at the Guardian (joined fairly recently). He says folk there were briefed that a deal was reached a while ago and will be announced officially early next week. Woodward posturing so the clubs of other targets think we have bugger all left in the coffers after this. Supposedly some left-back from France and Bennacer from Milan but that wasn't part of the brief just speculation.

He's only given me scoops on Scottish football before, hasn't been one to bullshit. In any case it is too late in the game for me to make money on this info so thought I would share here and keep the muppets juices flowing.

To this...
Same as before - not happening now as Dortmund not getting Ikone. No forward signing for United. Defender likely, Ballo-Toure from Monaco we are keen on.

For holding midfielder supposedly were keen on Bennacer but not been word on that in ages.
There’s a shite muppet thread you can post this fiction in you know?

I'm with you, I will not zip back up until the window closes, must stay strong muppets.

I come in and check from time to time but I’m truly agog at some of you in here.

I like a signing like the next fan and I can often get sucked in to a point but It honestly fascinates me the emotions some of you seem to go through, it’s difficult to read sometimes because I wonder how some of you will cope when shit turns out not to be as you want it.

This Sancho thread is particularly fascinating, the arguments for and against clearly hold some weight drawing on various reports/rumours and so called ITKs and I get why some get attached to these things, yes it’s a forum and without conjecture it wouldn’t really exist or work but feck me some of you cling onto shit like it’s all you have left.

It’s kind of fascinating to watch, like the slowest car crash, whatever the outcome.

Good luck to all involved, let’s hope it works out for you all.

I said usually and maybe that was a bit strong and obviously it's not always the case.

It's also a question of semantics between an informal bid or offer during a negotiation and a formal bid.

The selling club is always rejecting offers and the buying club often claim they never made one.

In this case by all accounts United are/were negotiating with agents, rather than directly with the club, so as they've haven't reached an agreement on a price with the intermediareys they've haven't sent a bid to or spoken directly with Dortmund.
And to be pedantic that’s why I said ‘only’ when responding to the poster who said that clubs ‘only’ bid when they have a fee agreed.

Did the Guardian not recently report we were still pursuing this? Civil war at the Guardian?

We just need to trim the 27 first team players squad down, get money from selling them & we will see Sancho in our squad. We are still in pursuing for Sancho but at the same time it makes sense why the board wants us to sell first before buying.

We just need to trim the 27 first team players squad down, get money from selling them & we will see Sancho in our squad. We are still in pursuing for Sancho but at the same time it makes sense why the board wants us to sell first before buying.
Then why aren't we selling? Haha..

I think the deal is dead in the water. Can't see it happening this summer, probably something we will look at again next summer.

I think the deal is dead in the water. Can't see it happening this summer, probably something we will look at again next summer.
He'll have plenty of other choices by then of which I doubt we'll be number one.

He'll have plenty of other choices by then of which I doubt we'll be number one.

Yeah I agree unfortunately. Now is the time to get him but seems we have messed it up. It's always difficult without knowing the full facts or negotiations but we always seem to have the same problem getting these deals sorted.

What’s with this pretend ITK act? I don’t know if any of us are buying it mate.
Nobody should be. He’s already deleted one post where he claimed there would be a brief in the next day and changed who our defensive targets are from three days ago.

They could always go the Lewandowski route and tap him up a year before his contract is up so he can join for free.

They could always go the Lewandowski route and tap him up a year before his contract is up so he can join for free.
But that is fraught with risk. Why would he be interested in joining us when at least half a dozen other clubs can match or better our offer for wages and silverware? Even in England, there are three other clubs that seem to have a better long-term outlook than United at the moment.

I think people in here are a little bit too worried about our appeal to players. The latest evidence of that was Bruno who didn't want to join anyone else.

Sure, our star has faded a bit compared to the Fergie era, but still there is a lot of appeal to play for our club, other than just salary.

I still think Sancho will come this window, but I'm not scared of competition with other clubs.

If you have real ambition and belief in yourself you want to be part of making an effort to change the status quo. We aren't that far from challenging. A few more key player additions and we will be there.

Not to mention the massive brand that we are, and the added exposure you would get playing for us. It could help propel your own brand as an athlete in a much bigger way than say playing for City.

There's historical reasons as well, but they apply more if you were already a fan.

I think people in here are a little bit too worried about our appeal to players. The latest evidence of that was Bruno who didn't want to join anyone else.

Sure, our star has faded a bit compared to the Fergie era, but still there is a lot of appeal to play for our club, other than just salary.

I still think Sancho will come this window, but I'm not scared of competition with other clubs.

If you have real ambition and belief in yourself you want to be part of making an effort to change the status quo. We aren't that far from challenging. A few more key player additions and we will be there.

Not to mention the massive brand that we are, and the added exposure you would get playing for us. It could help propel your own brand as an athlete in a much bigger way than say playing for City.

There's historical reasons as well, but they apply more if you were already a fan.

Well yes, I take your point, other than the bit on 'our history', which a 20/22-year-old foreign player wouldn't care one bit about.

Sure, we are one big club, a huge global brand, and most top young players would be thrilled to wear the United shirt, but I find it silly when some posters here argue that United would be the first choice club for Sancho if he decides to run down his Dortmund contract. That is definitely not true unless there were strong personal reasons like growing up in Manchester, etc.

Why is he not blacklisted yet? He clearly knows nothing.

he is an idiot - but he has a lot of highly reliable sources. So yes - he knows a lot more than most other people who claim to know things

Status
Not open for further replies.