Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
We received proof that he was a previously banned user called slig. His posts hadn't improved in that time frame so had to go. If there was evidence his posts had got better, he may have been allowed to stay but there was zero change.

Probably wasn't just his second account either.

We received proof that he was a previously banned user called slig. His posts hadn't improved in that time frame so had to go. If there was evidence his posts had got better, he may have been allowed to stay but there was zero change.
Good to know and no problems!
I found his trolling quite amusing, albeit agree with you that he doesn't express himself very well. :lol:

I wonder whether we are leaving our bid right until the last minute as an excuse to not sign any other players?

"oh we spent all the window negotiating with Dortmund which took up all our time"

Let’s be honest. Don’t we think if United had pulled out of the deal they would have sent a brief out by now?

Surely they would’ve said they have given up on pursuing it any further?

Thats my only glimmer of hope. Just trying to lighten the mood lads.

I wonder whether we are leaving our bid right until the last minute as an excuse to not sign any other players?

"oh we spent all the window negotiating with Dortmund which took up all our time"
That approach has some financial upside. We would have saved the off season salary to Sancho for a start. But its only around £1.5m so I doubt that's a key reason.

No, I think it's that we cant afford what Dortmund demand, and are hoping that they will blink first in our brinksmanship.

The last time Dortmund sold a player to Bayern was in 2016: it was Hummels, for €35.00m.

Before that, Lewandowski left them on a free transfer after his contract expired and Götze had a release clause that Bayern triggered. So in the last decade, Dortmund sold more players to Manchester United than to Bayern München (Kagawa and Mkhitaryan vs Hummels).
It may be worth comparing the prices they quote Bayern (€35 million for arguably the best central defender in world football at the time is an absolute steal when you consider the amounts that Thiago Silva, Mangala and David Luiz whent for) compared to what they quote non-German clubs (Dembele, Pulisic to a lesser extent).

Add this to the fact that these players leave Dortmund for Bayern without any hitches, and fans are simply happy for them to leave and join their biggest rivals is so weird. Imagine the uproar if Liverpool sold us Mo Salah for £40 million.

The sad thing is I don't even think Dortmund see Bayern as rivals. It's one of the most tame 'rivalries' in world football.

Where's Woody?

I guess he's been on his holidays all this time whilst everyone else discusses the supposed transfer negotiations of which there is very little evidence of

This guy is such a bellend :lol:

"there may be secret talks that none of the good journalists know about". Basically saying "if there are talks, remember I'm still a good journalist".

It's amazing how infuriating some of these tweeters are isn't it.
Especially when not telling us what we want to hear

Some may not love to see it, but he's just relaying what the German media has (not) been reporting since dday. I don't think there is any bullshit or maliciousness in his last two tweets, aside from the claim that he talks to a lot of people perhaps.

Some may not love to see it, but he's just relaying what the German media has (not) been reporting since dday. I don't think there is any bullshit or maliciousness in his last two tweets, aside from the claim that he talks to a lot of people perhaps.
I think most people find it funny that he talks about having inside sources, his silly 80 +20 +20 tweets and then goes back to relying on newspapers for info.

He's either connected or he isn't. :wenger:

Promoted and banned on the same day :lol: You love to see it

According to Lichtenstein's leading scientists who ran a test on this subject the other day, getting promoted and banned from Redcafe on the same day is the equivalent to having your balls repeatedly kicked by a roided-up horse with lead shoes on.

Odds have shifted, Sancho now 1.67 to join United compared to 2.1 to stay at Dortmund. I know it don’t mean much, but I’m pretty sure there has to be someone out there that knows inside info that’s props place a few quid on.

But should of kept him around so we can watch him cry when we sign Sancho. That's funnier...undo the ban, but ban him again if we don't sign him. He's a little prick and I really want to see his pain if we sign him.

Seems like the were serious about that deadline they had set. Which is kind of weird considering reports came out saying United had never officially been made aware of said deadline.

There’s no rumoured bid though so I have no idea what he’s talking about. It’s just an excuse to generate clicks again based on nothing.

Seems like the were serious about that deadline they had set. Which is kind of weird considering reports came out saying United had never officially been made aware of said deadline.

Which is exactly why it's hard to buy into the deadline being real. There's no way it was truly set in stone if they never told us about it.

If United brief that we've pulled out of the deal fans would rightly be expecting them to focus their efforts on someone else. If the club has no plans to chase anyone else it makes sense to leave the brief as late as possible right?

Think you're overthinking it, I think it simple that there was some talk via intermediaries regarding Sancho, Dortmund let it be known it would cost around 120 mil united weren't prepared to pay anywhere near that so never bid. End of storey really

If United brief that we've pulled out of the deal fans would rightly be expecting them to focus their efforts on someone else. If the club has no plans to chase anyone else it makes sense to leave the brief as late as possible right?

However that tactic might backfire as the tension is high at the moment because of the lack of transfer activity. You might be right and we should expect the normal PM from Ed saying something about no value in market and that the economy is strong and we look forward to a good season with pogba returning from corona as a new man.

Slightly surprised by that. Maybe they are Klopp fans?

Jaysus I am some idiot yeah that makes sense.

I guess you get a lot of part-time supporters on their English-speaking message boards too, so supporting a man rather than a team would be more commonplace.

Add this to the fact that these players leave Dortmund for Bayern without any hitches, and fans are simply happy for them to leave and join their biggest rivals is so weird. Imagine the uproar if Liverpool sold us Mo Salah for £40 million.

Ask Götze about his warm welcome in Dortmund after his move...

The sad thing is I don't even think Dortmund see Bayern as rivals. It's one of the most tame 'rivalries' in world football.

The really sad thing is you forming your opinions based on a transfer thread on this forum. Thing is, neither the Bayern nor the Dortmund fans here represent their relative fanbases in an adequate manner. Because it's only the level headed oppo folks that survive here, see mica.

When one stops to consider the trajectory of gross/net revenues for top football clubs -- the pandemic shall pass -- 108m plus the presumed 250k/week (no idea) over what would likely be a 12-13 year career at the highest level isn't really that much at all to invest in him.

Crazy we haven't signed him up by now. He's a proven top player and it's a position of need and we're a club that seeks major trophies. Or is it?

Tbf, Dortmund - Bayern at Westfalen would be among my top choices to watch from the stands one day (looking at other leagues).

Status
Not open for further replies.