Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand some muppets in here. I get some solid points (Watzke was proofed wrong and so on), but i don't get what is hard to understand whats the situation on the other side of the table. Minimizing the image of BVB to "selling club" doesn't draw a clear picture of the circumstances. Besides that, i just wanted to spot out, that there are reasons why it would make sense to not staring at potential transfers like Sancho, but to focus on circumstances why the hell United wasn't in for him in the first place, or why the hell fans really think that its ok United startet negotiating some weeks ago. All clubs made their buisness early, not United. Since years. But all those years of decline of the true culture at United under the Glazers leads to a situation where a lot of fans are used to that kind of sh*t. Some mentioned it in here: when was it the last time lacks in the squad where pointed out early, clear targets where on the radar, fiiting to the stategy, the transfers were fixed in the quiet and just fecking announced?

Its pretty laughable when you want to bring owners inability and other BS arguments like culture, strategy etc. just to make a point. While I completely understand Dortmund stand demanding 120m I also get United stand why they are reluctant to pay this much. So obviously a negotiation is required.

Oh yes, Dortmund are a selling club. I respect your enormous history but it doesn't change the fact at all. You are a well run selling club - there are no 2 ways about it.

If you get him next summer its fine. If this happens, i hope he will be happy at United, and starting a new era where the Glazers got out and you get the ownership, the leadership, the structure and the humility you deserve for your legacy.

United would sign Sancho this summer and WHEN( not if) this happens, I hope both you and doob remain active on here and post with as much frequency as you do now. Please do not leave, please

I don't understand some muppets in here. I get some solid points (Watzke was proofed wrong and so on), but i don't get what is hard to understand whats the situation on the other side of the table. Minimizing the image of BVB to "selling club" doesn't draw a clear picture of the circumstances. Besides that, i just wanted to spot out, that there are reasons why it would make sense to not staring at potential transfers like Sancho, but to focus on circumstances why the hell United wasn't in for him in the first place, or why the hell fans really think that its ok United startet negotiating some weeks ago. All clubs made their buisness early, not United. Since years. But all those years of decline of the true culture at United under the Glazers leads to a situation where a lot of fans are used to that kind of sh*t. Some mentioned it in here: when was it the last time lacks in the squad where pointed out early, clear targets where on the radar, fiiting to the stategy, the transfers were fixed in the quiet and just fecking announced?
:lol: It's not minimizing if it's true. Selling club.

It’s like renting an expensive house 4 weeks before you need to actually move in.
Not really. It’s also more commercial revenue earlier, and can also help to persuade other players to also join us (as they know that this or that star player is signed so the team is now better)

Begs the question then...do we sign him a few days before our first game, or just before the window shuts and after we have began our season?

Whereas i was wondering whether they'll buy after releasing the annual accounts, sold/loaned a few and have more financial visibility.

.mica with unlimited posting privileges? God help us all.
We have a phrase in urdu for that, urdu/hindi speakers will really enjoy that, its not really a strong insult but just funny :D
“Bander ke hath main bandooq” meaning.. Gun in the hands of a monkey.

Yep, I don’t think people pay enough significance to how much money a “few weeks” of a contract can involve. Especially with big money signings. It’s probably one of the reasons why the massive moves go right down to the wire. I know there is benefit in getting him in earlier to gel in, but that’s a lot less significant than the financial savings. It’s not like he’s moving to a new country anyway. He’s a top class player already. He knows a lot of the players. He knows the culture. He’ll fit right in, no problems.

It’s like renting an expensive house 4 weeks before you need to actually move in.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we have the €120m offer signed off by the Glazer's ready to go in on the last week of the window.

Sancho will have already had a good pre-season too which will be to our advantage.

I just dont get why someone joins a forum not related to their supposed league, let alone team, to basically just troll.
This is pretty much the most understandable statement there is :lol:
If there wasn't the threat of getting banned this place (and basically all other fan forums) won't be far off twitter.

Begs the question then...do we sign him a few days before our first game, or just before the window shuts and after we have began our season?
Not really. It’s also more commercial revenue earlier, and can also help to persuade other players to also join us (as they know that this or that star player is signed so the team is now better)
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we have the €120m offer signed off by the Glazer's ready to go in on the last week of the window.

Sancho will have already had a good pre-season too which will be to our advantage.

One thing that is easy to forget is the fact that the first payment up front is going to be huge. Possibly the biggest up front payment made in the history of the game.

We’re probably looking at 80-90m euros up front from what the reports suggest. You can just imagine how much interest Utd will be generating from that amount of money sat in our bank account rather than Dortmund’s. There are a lot more financial reasons why it makes sense for Utd to hold on to money as long as possible and avoid paying wages earlier than possible.

I don’t like the approach but when they look at it as a business, it’s absolutely the right thing to do from a business perspective.

It’s the exact same reason why businesses like to pay invoices as late as possible to reap the benefit off the interest for as long as possible.

A transfer ban because of some rules around youth recruitment that most clubs broke. Again the point wasn't to say they were infallible. I'm pretty sure most United fans are ranting about signings like Di maria, Sanchez, Bastian, DDG wages that went wrong and no title or even close to a title since Fergie left.
I'm sure most fans would have taken a transfer ban and the sporting side of the club looking a lot better than it does ala Chelsea than what we have seen since Fergie and Gill left.

Chelsea from where they were 20 years ago have shown massive amounts of progression on all fronts, including having one of the best academy teams over the past 3/4 years in the country.

Dortmund are a well-run club, IF you want to be a feeder club, pretty sure losing the likes of Lewandoski, Hummels et al to your closet rivals and some of those players for free, isn't good. Every club has flaws or mistakes they make.

To say Chelsea isn't well run and are only successful because they spend more than everyone, even when over the past 10 years they have spent less than United and been more successful makes zero sense.

We're talking about two different things. You're equating success on the pitch to a well-run football club, while I'm saying breaking the rules around youth recruitment is exactly the kind of thing that equates to a club that is not well run. I think that differentiation addresses your post fully.

This is heating up again, my Sancho senses are tingling.

I can’t believe the amount of melt downs on here about this transfer. The amount of negativity about the transfer being dead is baffling.

Unfortunately a lot of people have forgotten that it requires patience with our board. They aren’t going to spend this many years interested in a player and then just walk away.

Ive got full belief this will happen but just not as quick as we’d all like. Patience.

I congratulate the promotion.

We need more .mica's on the forum otherwise we'll just end up arguing with one another, because we never do that, right?

Ive got full belief this will happen but just not as quick as we’d all like. Patience.
They need to inform the fans about the progress in negotiations then. And not by some vague dual-meaning wording, but with concrete status, timeline and details.

They need to inform the fans about the progress in negotiations then. And not by some vague dual-meaning wording, but with concrete status, timeline and details.
Utd would never come and out and discuss where negotiations are because it could affect the “negotiations”. They aren’t going to show they are eager or show their cards.

The briefings will come when the deal is pretty much done or if Utd decide to pull out of negotiations.

That literally never happens. What is wrong with some of you people? Can you not remember what happened with Pogba? Maguire? AWB? Even Bruno? It takes ages.

Completely illogical and unrealistic. No teams do this openly and obviously.

Do you want something like they have on the Dominos website when you order a pizza? player chosen > bid sent > fee agreed > player out for delivery.

I can’t believe the amount of melt downs on here about this transfer. The amount of negativity about the transfer being dead is baffling.
Dortmund repeatedly said he was staying and the rumours have stopped completely. It's all quiet. What's surprising is that some people still believe it will happen.

List of teams that act this way:

I am waiting Ed's interview "Hey, this is only for Manchester United fans, if you are not, change the channel! ok yeah, we are playing hard ball, we are willing to pay what they want, but we are telling them a bunch of lies... just don't tell zorc, please?"

Dortmund repeatedly said he was staying and the rumours have stopped completely. It's all quiet. What's surprising is that some people still believe it will happen.

What's surprising is you actually believe this in bold after all the shit with Aubameyang and Dembele.

Also rumours didn't just flat stop. Journalists have actually said its not dead by any means and Sancho remains our target.

If the rumours have stopped, why is there so many rumours and chat today? Why are people like you so desperately negative :lol:

Why are Dortmund still talking about it then? seems like they don't want the rumours to stop.

Let's be honest £120m to them for 1 player that they know will leave eventually anyway is HUGE.

Ive getting more and more the impression that your legendary United won't get out of the current catastrophic state its in cause of fans like you, where arrogance caused by its history and folklore leads to a non-critical behaviour. Which then is only focusing on getting shiny players, by still having its strenght of the past in the mind and therefor thinking all players wants to come to United no matter what. Completely missing the boat that the roots of United problems will not be solved even with some extra-ordinary signings here and there. And even those signings get lesser and lesser, cause the world wasn't standing still and other clubs are runned in a modern structure, overtake United on the fast lane, and thatswhy some fans start to wonder why it has already started that you miss out on players like Haaland, Jude and now Sancho. The decline starts to show its effect. And besides that you wont get Sancho this season (and more and more i guess even not next season cause more clubs will be in and there is a good chance that you miss top 4) even if you would get him it would be a drop in a ocean. A blinding effect that distracts the publicity once more from the fact, that this club needs deeply changes. If not, the train will have left the station long time ago and all you can do is waving. #Glazersout

My guy turned into Edgar Allan Poe

Do you want something like they have on the Dominos website when you order a pizza? player chosen > bid sent > fee agreed > player out for delivery.
The image cracked me up!!! Now it's going to stay forever.
In fact, the CAF should have a place where we show that for each players' transfer!!!

Ah, no wonder this thread got 7 more pages added to it. @.mica came in to boast about his club.

If people are wondering why there aren't many updates, here's an example of our neighbours going through the same situation.

When both the selling and buying club go through an intermediary, it slows down discussions significantly. It also means that Dortmund won't get any info about our offers unless the agents choose to pass that on.

What's surprising is you actually believe this in bold after all the shit with Aubameyang and Dembele.

Also rumours didn't just flat stop. Journalists have actually said its not dead by any means and Sancho remains our target.
As mentioned here numerous times, both kicked up a fuss and handed in a transfer request. Sancho's not doing that.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get him but right now almost nothing suggests we will.

What I love, is if we announce Sancho in 4-5 weeks time, a small portion of United "fans" will still be angry.
You are right and I hope I am wrong but that would mean we paid what they originally asked or more and we could have done that weeks ago so he could be with us for preseason. Following our one deal at a time theory that would mean we probably haven't done much else either. From following these sagas the muppet in me is defeated and thinks we are trying but Dortmund will stand firm. Only way it happens is if Sancho requests to leave, why would he wait so long?

Yea but things have gone a bit quiet haven't they. Fab has said lots of times its pay €120m or no deal so us playing the long waiting game can't be good for our chances even if it makes sense financially. Feel like Ed needs to budge a bit and act fast to make this happen, not saying it won't though obviously.

No, it’s an exaggeration. I would like that Man Utd does at least something in terms of communication with fans on transfer matters. Now we don’t have any information from the club - nothing at all

No, it’s an exaggeration. I would like that Man Utd does at least something in terms of communication with fans on transfer matters. Now we don’t have any information from the club - nothing at all
Ed tried that during the first year with Fabregas and the whole urgent transfer business and he was slammed for it. It was documented at the time that he wanted to be more open about transfer dealings and who we wanted.

I wont start this stupid conversation again cause doob and others have already explained that and why we dont need money, even not in the Corona times. And that Sancho got 3 more years. And that Leipzig lost Werner. I think we got the second best squad in the league, miles ahead of the Leipzig one.
And no, its not the "buisness modell" of BVB selling one of their best players some days before the season starts for no reason. But for what iam arguing here? You weren't interested in a discussion in the first place. Glazerfanboy. Good luck in your not crap-league struggling for the 6. place.
Now now, people in glass houses and all that, now as right as you are in the original post, let's not forget that Dortmund are just Bayern's bitch. United may well be struggling, and things do look bleak. But at no point would we ever sell our best players to Liverpool.....

Just because a club says a player is staying doesn’t mean that’s what’s going to happen. Dortmund would have looked very silly if they didn’t come out with any kind of response after their self-imposed deadline. They clearly wanted Utd to offer before they released their annual finance report showing how big their losses are.

The rumours stopping and it going quiet doesn’t suddenly mean the deal is over. This happens time and time again. Despite the nonsense the papers come out with, even they can’t keep churning out the same headline every day for weeks on end.

Status
Not open for further replies.