Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dortmund only have a ‘feeder forum’ where all good posters inevitably move on to the Bayern forum.

Am I right guys? Huh huh? :wenger:

They create top-class players and sell them on for a sizeable profit, which makes them a feeder club. It's not an insult, just a fact.

Aha. So what is the reason that United just not paid that till the deadline? Woodward is still searching for the coffee cash register or what? Can you give me a logic explanation? If you want a player, and know the price, and the deadline, what is the reason for you to wait 5min. before your first game? And please don't come around the corner and say "to save 4-6 weeks of wages" :lol:

If you had any knowledge of business, you would know a “negotiation” doesn’t end in a quick sale. If Dortmund have stated their asking price. Why would utd be stupid enough to go and just put all the cards on the table and say “Here you go”.

When there is a “chance” that the price can be negotiated lower, then of course Utd will use that opportunity to see if they can.

Utd know if they meet 120m, the player is theirs. But why not try and get him cheaper if you can. That’s how every negotiation works.

The dominoes that fall may go beyond that. Sancho’s desire to return to England might mean Barca will target one of Mane or Salah. If one is sold, the scousers will target and likely get Sancho over us.

Then we panic buy Zaha back on deadline day for 90m.

I don't understand. This is united forum ffs. If you can't stand united fans taking banters on opposition then wouldn't it be wise to visit the forum that supports your team?
I don't understand some muppets in here. I get some solid points (Watzke was proofed wrong and so on), but i don't get what is hard to understand whats the situation on the other side of the table. Minimizing the image of BVB to "selling club" doesn't draw a clear picture of the circumstances. Besides that, i just wanted to spot out, that there are reasons why it would make sense to not staring at potential transfers like Sancho, but to focus on circumstances why the hell United wasn't in for him in the first place, or why the hell fans really think that its ok United startet negotiating some weeks ago. All clubs made their buisness early, not United. Since years. But all those years of decline of the true culture at United under the Glazers leads to a situation where a lot of fans are used to that kind of sh*t. Some mentioned it in here: when was it the last time lacks in the squad where pointed out early, clear targets where on the radar, fiiting to the stategy, the transfers were fixed in the quiet and just fecking announced?

Chelsea spend wisely?

£70m on Kepa - disaster
£30m on Bakayoko - anyone know where he’s gone?
Emerson - Erm forgot they had him
Shevchenko - one of biggest flops ever
Torres - the greatest flop of them all.

A little research before posting would help.

The Torres line was a cracker! Absolutely the greatest flop of them all. He couldn’t hit a barn door and it was a bit awkward to watch
:lol:

But back on topic : this deal is so frustrating. There is zero noise about it now too which I think is starting to be a sign it’s not going to happen. If we do get him, he will have no time to settle in and prepare for the new season so what ever happens now we have done it all wrong.

Aha. So what is the reason that United just not paid that till the deadline? Woodward is still searching for the coffee cash register or what? Can you give me a logic explanation? If you want a player, and know the price, and the deadline, what is the reason for you to wait 5min. before your first game? And please don't come around the corner and say "to save 4-6 weeks of wages" :lol:
I think the delay is probably due to the fact 110m has been wiped from our revenues and we’re trying to ascertain if the lack of fans in stadiums has any further income repercussions on the TV deal and sponsorship agreements. Just a hunch though.

And there isn’t even a delay. Our season ended 2 weeks ago. It was an arbitrary and ridiculous deadline set by a known blagger. If you’re serious about wanting it all up front then no club in the world that actually exists within the current financial realities could do that without seeing how much money they could get upfront from sales and also fully analysing the worst case financial repercussions of the current global pandemic.

That's what I think is going through the Glazer's mind.
Without doubt. Glazers absolutely love an opportunity to save money. Saving money is making money.

Why would they slip up on the opportunity to save a few millions of pounds by signing Sancho earlier than they need to. He’s actually training at Dortmund from a fitness point of view.

Yes it’s not ideal for Ole not to have him working with him earlier than desired, but the money involved in wages is a considerable amount.

I assume that just this window proofes you wrong, which seems to be the reason since 2 weeks this thread has turned into a masochistic soup, and the phrase "BVB is a selling club" just adds more salt into it.

Even though I’ll be delighted once we do sign Sancho, I’ll also be sad because we won’t have you around here so that we can enjoy you getting bantered.

I have no idea what the holdup is, you'll have to ask Ed Woodward, but it's very likely that we're holding out for a reduced fee. Common business practise.

You may be on to something with the wages thing. I mean, who wouldn't want to save 1.5 million quid?
A reduced fee? Why would BVB agree to a reduced fee? That makes no sense at all. They would ask for more, cause they would start a season without one of their best players. What a logic.

United: How much for Sancho?
BVB: 120. We don't want to sell, but we promised Jadon that we will if someone pays that.
United: Hmmm. We pay 50.
BVB: 120. You have time until 10.08. to pay or the deal is off.
United: 70. It's Corona-time. 120 is way too expensive, no one would ever pay that. We also don't care about your time limit or your feeder squad.
BVB: No.
United: Ok, we pay 100. 50 this year, 50 next year. You are a fecking selling club so stop trolling around.
United: We pay 80. Another 40 if we win the UCL 3 times in a row and Sancho wins 3 Balon'Dor during that time.

BVB: Time's up.
United: Ok ok, we pay 120, cash.
BVB: No. Time's up.

United: .... 130?

Like seriously, I want answers ! Who promoted this dude in the last week? :lol:
Heads should roll for that one.

Also it's amusing how he keeps talking about Dortmund's deadline as if we are supposed to treat it like a proper one.

A reduced fee? Why would BVB agree to a reduced fee? That makes no sense at all. They would ask for more, cause they would start a season without one of their best players. What a logic.
Even your borrowed humour is tired and unfunny.

I think the delay is probably due to the fact 110m has been wiped from our revenues and we’re trying to ascertain if the lack of fans in stadiums has any further income repercussions on the TV deal and sponsorship agreements. Just a hunch though.

And there isn’t even a delay. Our season ended 2 weeks ago. It was an arbitrary and ridiculous deadline set by a known blagger. If you’re serious about wanting it all up front then no club in the world that actually exists within the current financial realities could do that without seeing how much money they could get upfront from sales and also fully analysing the worst case financial repercussions of the current global pandemic.
It wasn't arbitary. Our pre-season started back then, and i guess the transfers of some potential successors had to be done until this date. Your season just ended then. And our season starts in 2 days. There is also another perspective, and its the perspective of the owner of the player and their demands. And whats the point about not getting a transfer done while the season is not over? United is a big club, you think that its ok to assume that United is only cabable of doing one thing at once? Look around, a lot of clubs are playing, and making transfers and buisnesses of preparing it in the same time (including selling, scouting, buying, negotiating). And you know who is responsible for that.

BVB: Time's up

Is this like a Rocky time-lapse montage?

...but to focus on circumstances why the hell United wasn't in for him in the first place, or why the hell fans really think that its ok United startet negotiating some weeks ago. All clubs made their buisness early, not United. Since years. But all those years of decline of the true culture at United under the Glazers leads to a situation where a lot of fans are used to that kind of sh*t. Some mentioned it in here: when was it the last time lacks in the squad where pointed out early, clear targets where on the radar, fiiting to the stategy, the transfers were fixed in the quiet and just fecking announced?
We know all that and there are dozens of thread discussing that. But good to see a Dortmund fan's heart bleeding for united fans. Lets hope united gets Sancho and then we both can be happy! What say?

Last edited:
Mata was 25/26 when we signed him in 2014, he's 32 now. Not far from the same age as Bruno when we signed him
Mata wasn't quick even in his early 20s, and by the time we signed him he was as slow as a 30++-year-old midfielder would be. He was past his prime. Some footballers age early. He had given his best years to Valencia and Chelsea. Maybe the immediate United formation didn't suit him, or the other players supporting him, or the manager, but that is a different debate. Maybe a slower league would have suited him better.

I remember many Chelsea fans were sulking when they lost Mata, but that was more down to losing a classy, no-nonsense, fan-favourite person, rather than someone who was on the top of his game. He was sold in the January-window if I recall correctly.

He had good moments with us but was never a consistently stellar performer, much like Matic, who was sold by Chelsea when he was clearly on the wane.

Bought by Chelsea for about 20m, and sold to us for about 35-40m. Smart business.

Without doubt. Glazers absolutely love an opportunity to save money. Saving money is making money.

Why would they slip up on the opportunity to save a few millions of pounds by signing Sancho earlier than they need to. He’s actually training at Dortmund from a fitness point of view.

Yes it’s not ideal for Ole not to have him working with him earlier than desired, but the money involved in wages is a considerable amount.
The Maguire signing was completed on the 5th of August and the window closed on the 9th.

The Fernandes signing was completed on January 30th.

I know we need more than just Sancho but I've come to the conclusion that if he is our only signing this window due to it eating up the budget then so be it. He could easily get snapped up next year, especially if we struggle to get top 4 again which could be likely.

£108m.. Get him in now I say.

The Maguire signing was completed on the 5th of August and the window closed on the 9th.

Yeh and but had we signed Fernandes on 1st January 2020 he'd have cost 10 million. The later you sign the more you pay.

It wasn't arbitary. Our pre-season started back then, and i guess the transfers of some potential successors had to be done until this date. Your season just ended then. And our season starts in 2 days. There is also another perspective, and its the perspective of the owner of the player and their demands. And whats the point about not getting a transfer done while the season is not over? United is a big club, you think that its ok to assume that United is only cabable of doing one thing at once? Look around, a lot of clubs are playing, and making transfers and buisnesses of preparing it in the same time (including selling, scouting, buying, negotiating). And you know who is responsible for that.
This is absolute nonsense. Depay who you are linked with as a possible successor was still playing in the CL at the time. That other player at Bremen or something is still available. What player had to be signed by the beginning of August when the window closes in October? The deadline was a way for the club which has lost lots of money due to COVID and has an asset who wants to leave with only one buyer in town to attempt to control the negotiations. The truth is it’s a buyers market and Sancho wants to leave and join Manchester United. And when he does in the next month I am very much going to enjoy all your posts being dragged up again.

Previously banned user slig
We know all that and there are dozens of thread discussing that. But good to see a Dortmund fan's heart bleeding for united fans. Lets hope united gets Sancho and then we both can be happy! What say?
If you get him next summer its fine. If this happens, i hope he will be happy at United, and starting a new era where the Glazers got out and you get the ownership, the leadership, the structure and the humility you deserve for your legacy.

Yep, I don’t think people pay enough significance to how much money a “few weeks” of a contract can involve. Especially with big money signings. It’s probably one of the reasons why the massive moves go right down to the wire. I know there is benefit in getting him in earlier to gel in, but that’s a lot less significant than the financial savings. It’s not like he’s moving to a new country anyway. He’s a top class player already. He knows a lot of the players. He knows the culture. He’ll fit right in, no problems.

It’s like renting an expensive house 4 weeks before you need to actually move in.

Waiting until the end of the window to make a credible attempt at Sancho gives Ed and the Glazers the perfect out and excuse when Dortmund ultimately tell us to feck off. This idea that Dortmund will sell at a discount late in the window is an incredibly naive and stupid strategy. This move is off and has been for a while. All of these reports of our continued interest are simply being leaked to save face and show supporters that the club is “trying” even though we’re doing feck all.

Yep, I don’t think people pay enough significance to how much money a “few weeks” of a contract can involve. Especially with big money signings. It’s probably one of the reasons why the massive moves go right down to the wire. I know there is benefit in getting him in earlier to gel in, but that’s a lot less significant than the financial savings. It’s not like he’s moving to a new country anyway. He’s a top class player already. He knows a lot of the players. He knows the culture. He’ll fit right in, no problems.

It’s like renting an expensive house 4 weeks before you need to actually move in.
Begs the question then...do we sign him a few days before our first game, or just before the window shuts and after we have began our season?

Status
Not open for further replies.