Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he writes like this now imagine the meltdown when we land Sancho.

He is one of the clueless poster and a WUM. People should stop arguing with him. He shows up once in few days, posts lot of nonsense and then disappears.

Chelsea spend wisely?

£70m on Kepa - disaster
£30m on Bakayoko - anyone know where he’s gone?
Emerson - Erm forgot they had him
Shevchenko - one of biggest flops ever
Torres - the greatest flop of them all.

A little research before posting would help.
City was also a waste of money. Yeah, you are right, Chelsea was chaotic back then. But iam speaking of now. And its obvious that they got a path in mind. City now too. Liverpool developed massivly. You can't deny that can you? There are signs everywhere around United that they all others will impove and have learned of their mistakes. A thing i struggle to see at United. They go along as nothing happened. Hell they even know what to do when shit hits the fan: Sacking, a totaly different coach than before, senseless briefings of "changes to come", put some money into it to somehow get 4. place again, rinse and repeat. United are the best what could happen to the Glazers in Corona-times. But keep on getting joy out of sentences like "Sancho day?". Or trying to offend a Dortmund fan in the most creative way ever by writing something including the words "Bayern" and "selling". In the meantime all your opponents are getting to work.

Last edited:
Yikes. This thread is getting dark and some of the recent posts are so abrasive :lol: Consider this thread alongside the one concerning Maguire’s trial and it might be time for some to take a break from the internet to cool off.

Chelsea spend wisely?

£70m on Kepa - disaster
£30m on Bakayoko - anyone know where he’s gone?
Emerson - Erm forgot they had him
Shevchenko - one of biggest flops ever
Torres - the greatest flop of them all.

A little research before posting would help.
Chuck in Drinkwater and Morata as well. Every club has their fair share of mistakes.

Chuck in Drinkwater and Morata as well. Every club has their fair share of mistakes.
Ah yes Morata and Drinkwater. What’s ironic is he suggests Chelsea have spent wisely without having seen any of the new signings play yet.

I’m sure they thought they spent wisely when they brought Torres, Shevchenko, Morata and Kepa into the team too.

I still think we have a decent chance of getting Sancho this summer. In case it doesn't happen, we will need to act fast and hopefully alternatives are already lined up.

You could possibly land Sancho. I was writing this a lot in here. But only at least next summer.
if we sign him this summer do you agree to leave the caf and never return? :wenger:

Yikes. This thread is getting dark and some of the recent posts are so abrasive :lol: Consider this thread alongside the one concerning Maguire’s trial and it might be time for some to take a break from the internet to cool off.
Yes I know finishing third is no reason to celebrate and it is disheartening that there is no transfers as yet but it has been enjoyable to watch united of late but I wholeheartedly agree with this post. The level of toxicity on the forum recently is off the charts. Let's look to the positives we have a young squad with bags of potential, it would be great to sign Sancho but we can still improve without him.

He was a newbie last week.... who’s responsible for the worst choice of Newbie promotion in a longtime? Mods?

You could possibly land Sancho. I was writing this a lot in here. But only at least next summer.
So do you actually believe that if United said to Dortmund "Heres 120m, we want our guy", Dortmund would say, "naaaaaah mate, we're gonna keep him".
This deal will, in all likliness, go ahead before the window closes and Dortmund will use Sancho being homesick as forcing their hand into accepting the deal

Not including this summer where they’ve spent an additional 200m Chelsea have spent 580m since 2016 and everyone is agreed that finishing 4th was a fantastic achievement. They made a 90m loss last season. They’ve just taken a 240m loan from their oligarch owner. In that time they’ve also had 3 different managers and gone from Conte to Sarri to Lampard. All so very strategic with a clear vision. They are definitely a model club we should all be aspiring to. Leading the way in how a football club should be run.

Not including this summer where they’ve spent an additional 200m Chelsea have spent 580m since 2016 and everyone is agreed that finishing 4th was a fantastic achievement. They made a 90m loss last season. They’ve just taken a 240m loan from their oligarch owner. In that time they’ve also had 3 different managers and gone from Conte to Sarri to Lampard. All so very strategic with a clear vision. They are definitely a model club we should all be aspiring to. Leading the way in how a football club should be run.

Won league titles though....

Ah yes Morata and Drinkwater. What’s ironic is he suggests Chelsea have spent wisely without having seen any of the new signings play yet.

I’m sure they thought they spent wisely when they brought Torres, Shevchenko, Morata and Kepa into the team too.
To be fair on them, they've managed to sell deadwood for huge money. They made no loss on Morata, made a fortune on Oscar, sold Luiz for something like 45m, made a huge profit on Hazard, sold Costa for around 60m, and an aging Mata for 40m.

A better way of looking at transfers is accepting that you make errors of judgment during purchases as well as sales, and that "net spending" is a better gauge of how well transfers have been conducted over a certain period of time.

Clubs like Chelsea seem to bring in half a dozen players every season. There's bound to be lots of good and bad purchases. Their transfer policy is entirely different from ours. Hit, miss, sell, loan, move on. I don't know the exact numbers, but they could have bought twice as many players as United in the last 20 years.

And sadly, their net spending is less than ours over the last 10 years or so. And worse still, the overall market valuation of their current squad is as good as ours if not better.

I got names man, a lot of names. May they hang their filthy heads in shame.

Edit; It's the negative newbie posters that disappoint the most, they are effectively fresh legs coming off the bench for the more seasoned muppets yet they wilt under the slightest period of silence. That's no way to be promoted. :nono:

I'm a very positive newbie, this is my first muppet season and I still think we are going to sign him. I think if we walked away we would've briefed or been linked to other targets. This silence says we are working hard on the Sancho deal probably trying to sell first to raise cash. I'm not a big fan of Ed or the Glazers but I don't think they would quietly watch Chelsea strengthening so much. Would be a shame.

And? Their model works because they’re bankrolled by a billionaire. It isn’t because of some amazing sporting vision which is the argument the WUM was making.
They do have a very good sporting vision. If you think they have only been successful by spending. Well we have spent more than them since Fergie left and they have won more league titles

They tend to buy well, especially young talent. They have one of the best academys in the country now too. They have also dramatically improved their commercial arm in the last 2 decades

So do you actually believe that if United said to Dortmund "Heres 120m, we want our guy", Dortmund would say, "naaaaaah mate, we're gonna keep him".
This deal will, in all likliness, go ahead before the window closes and Dortmund will use Sancho being homesick as forcing their hand into accepting the deal
Exactly. We have a season to play. And 120m we will also get next season. Or maybe only 100m, or whatever, which is great. Even if there would be only 100m, its massive, and we got Sancho one more season, its worth it. We paid 8m for him. And more so, his example did put us in great positions for getting the likes of Haaland and Jude. Not mentioning that its also possible that there will be a bidding war next summer and we still will get 120m. Can't you see these points from the BVB perspective? Why would you, if you are Zorc or Watzke, think of risking a season cause you miss a winger and potent scorer then for getting 120m which you don't need and can't use for new players cause its too late? There was a deadline for a reason, mate this was explained over and over again.

To be fair on them, they've managed to sell deadwood for huge money. They made no loss on Morata, made a fortune on Oscar, sold Luiz for something like 45m, made a huge profit on Hazard, sold Costa for around 60m, and an aging Mata for 40m.

Mata was 25/26 when we signed him in 2014, he's 32 now. Not far from the same age as Bruno when we signed him.

Exactly. We have a season to play. And 120m we will also get next season. Or maybe only 100m, or whatever, which is great. Even if there would be only 100m, its massive, and we got Sancho one more season, its worth it. We paid 8m for him. And more so, his example did put us in great positions for getting the likes of Haaland and Jude. Not mentioning that its also possible that there will be a bidding war next summer and we still will get 120m. Can't you see these points from the BVB perspective? Why would you, if you are Zorc or Watzke, think of risking a season cause you miss a winger and potent scorer then for getting 120m which you don't need and can't use for new players cause its too late? There was a deadline for a reason, mate this was explained over and over again.
"Dembele is not for sale"
"Aubameyang is not for sale"
"We aren`t losing Mkhitaryan, Hummels and Gundogan all at once. Mkhi will stay at Dortmund" and everyone was convinced you`d do a Lewa and keep him till he left for free
Those are the reasons why we are skeptical about Zorc and Watzke`s words and still think it will happen if we pay up. Granted the first two forced things but the buying clubs still paid what BVB wanted with no discounts allowed. The "deadline" was never real no club during a pandemic can complete a deal of such magnitude in just 2 weeks. If we leave things too late for you to find a replacement then thats a different story but during this pandemic BVB may be healthy financially but if they were unable to turn down big bids for their key players in the past when they were in a much stronger position financially next to no chance they turn down a guaranteed 108m when they are actually losing money in a pandemic and with fans in Germany apparently only set to return in 2021.
You used this same contract extension tactic with Auba one month before he left so it does not mean as much as you are making it out to be.
The "bidding war" thing will only happen if fans are back in stadiums early if not clubs will continue to lose money to the extent where even Utd wont be able to afford him forcing you to sell him for a cut price fee in 2022 so thats all pure speculation

They do have a very good sporting vision. If you think they have only been successful by spending. Well we have spent more than them since Fergie left and they have won more league titles

They tend to buy well, especially young talent. They have one of the best academys in the country now too. They have also dramatically improved their commercial arm in the last 2 decades
Over the last 4 years alone I would class the following as dubious signings:

Batsyuhy - 35m
Luiz - 30m
Kepa - 70m
Morata - 60m
Zappacosta - 22.5m
Drinkwater - 35m
Bakayoko - 35m
Emerson - 20m
Jorginho - 50m
Higuain - 7m loan fee

3 managers with totally different styles. Such vision. Such sporting direction. 580m to build a side which wasn’t even expected to finish top 4.

Like I said, they’ve just posted a 90m loss and are now spending over 200m during a global pandemic where crowd revenue has gone. They don’t operate in the real world. Stop comparing them to other football clubs. Their ‘model’ only works if you have a billionaire benefactor. You can’t use it as a viable way to run a football club.

Just took a look at the Dortmund sub-reddit to check the vibe in there.

They really, really dislike Man Utd. Weird one.

Seems to be a lot of people supporting Dortmund and Liverpool too.

"Dembele is not for sale"
"Aubameyang is not for sale"
"We aren`t losing Mkhitaryan, Hummels and Gundogan all at once. Mkhi will stay at Dortmund" and everyone was convinced you`d do a Lewa and keep him till he left for free
Those are the reasons why we are skeptical about Zorc and Watzke`s words and still think it will happen if we pay up. Granted the first two forced things but the buying clubs still paid what BVB wanted with no discounts allowed. The "deadline" was never real no club during a pandemic can complete a deal of such magnitude in just 2 weeks. If we leave things too late for you to find a replacement then thats a different story but during this pandemic BVB may be healthy financially but if they were unable to turn down big bids for their key players in the past when they were in a much stronger position financially next to no chance they turn down a guaranteed 108m when they are actually losing money in a pandemic and with fans in Germany apparently only set to return in 2021.
You used this same contract extension tactic with Auba one month before he left so it does not mean as much as you are making it out to be.
The "bidding war" thing will only happen if fans are back in stadiums early if not clubs will continue to lose money to the extent where even Utd wont be able to afford him forcing you to sell him for a cut price fee in 2022 so thats all pure speculation
This is all that needs to be said. Spot on. Mica is living in a fantasy land.

Status
Not open for further replies.