Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Candle.gif
:lol: the exact image I was thinking of

I always chuckle a bit at the use of the word "clearly" in this thread. If the tables were turned you'd take Favre's words as a sign that the transfer is "clearly" off, because no way a coach would torpedo his club's bargaining position like that. But since they are not and you want the transfer to happen it's apparently a clear sign that it's on.
Not to mention Dortmund's "se queda" statements first being a clear sign that the transfer is still on (trying to pressure United into a bid or what was the logic?) and now the opposite, their absence, is a clear sign as well. Clearly.
I know it's strange for a coach to do that, but he actually did it. He could have said what everyone was saying, and he stepped up as the dissenting voice in the middle of that farce, where everyone was happy and there were no problems at all.

To be fair I think it's a pretty valid and realistic posture in this case, considering the frictions he got with the player last season and the fact that Sancho was away from the starting lineups recently. If discipline problems continue there will be a point when he has to take serious measures and the player will get devaluated, losing money and time.

His warning for the club is crystal clear, but another story is how much it could affect negotiations. I don't think he's going to change the film dramatically and surely we're getting rinsed anyway. But a little push here could be the difference between this being done or not, and I think if the relationship Favre-Sancho was more solid you wouldn't event make the player available this summer at any cost, like it happened the last one.

Anyway and being honest, lately I wonder if signing Sancho now would be the right move or not considering how limited we would be to do more business. And also taking into account how Ole has been using the squad recently playing the same 11-12 players for months and ignoring a large part of the squad. The calendar is criminal this season and we could be dead before starting without 3-4 solid additions (and closer to 4 than 3) which I can't see happening if we spend everything on this man.

Discipline issues are slightly worrying too, and also the fact that my auntie could score goals in the current Bundesliga, which is creating a false image of what he's in reality. But he's still an insane talent anyway and I believe we should target him, but this summer in this particular context, with '120M superstar' expectations, I'm not totally sure.

Probably a more balanced window this time would be more reasonable, getting a solid PL an CL campaigns and leaving Sancho for next summer, even with the risks involved and more teams stepping up. But I can see it happening now anyway so I just hope it's for good.

I know it's strange for a coach to do that, but he actually did it. He could have said what everyone was saying, and he stepped up as the dissenting voice in the middle of that farce, where everyone was happy and there were no problems at all.

To be fair I think it's a pretty valid and realistic posture in this case, considering the frictions he got with the player last season and the fact that Sancho was away from the starting lineups recently. If discipline problems continue there will be a point when he has to take serious measures and the player will get devaluated, losing money and time.

His warning for the club is crystal clear, but another story is how much it could affect negotiations. I don't think he's going to change the film dramatically and surely we're getting rinsed anyway. But a little push here could be the difference between this being done or not, and I think if the relationship Favre-Sancho was more solid you wouldn't event make the player available this summer at any cost, like it happened the last one.

Anyway and being honest, lately I wonder if signing Sancho now would be the right move or not considering how limited we would be to do more business. And also taking into account how Ole has been using the squad recently playing the same 11-12 players for months and ignoring a large part of the squad. The calendar is criminal this season and we could be dead before starting without 3-4 solid additions (and closer to 4 than 3) which I can't see happening if we spend everything on this man.

Discipline issues are slightly worrying too, and also the fact that my auntie could score goals in the current Bundesliga, which is creating a false image of what he's in reality. But he's still an insane talent anyway and I believe we should target him, but this summer in this particular context, with '120M superstar' expectations, I'm not totally sure.

Probably a more balanced window this time would be more reasonable, getting a solid PL an CL campaigns and leaving Sancho for next summer, even with the risks involved and more teams stepping up. But I can see it happening now anyway so I just hope it's for good.
I am sorry but what did the coach do exactly?

While we have the money.... :lol:

Point is we have Woody and The Glazers which does sound like a terrible pub band

I am sorry but what did the coach do exactly?
I don't have the links, but more or less he said that Sancho needs to learn how to live like a professional footballer if he wants to be a top player. When asked if he could make the difference this season for the team, he said that he's clearly a talented guy, but needs to work on his ball control (pointing out at his chest), his heading, defending and he needs to run for more than 10 minutes. The guy seems delighted to have Sancho for another season.

I don't have the links, but more or less he said that Sancho needs to learn how to live like a professional footballer if he wants to be a top player. When asked if he could make the difference this season for the team, he said that he's clearly a talented guy, but needs to work on his ball control (pointing out at his chest), his heading, defending and he needs to run for more than 10 minutes. The guy seems delighted to have Sancho for another season.
Ah yeah I remember that interview. I am so tired... just get it done United!!!

Actually the frustration is because, everyone around us is adding quality to squad. Even bloody arsenal have got a couple.
I deep down inside know we will eventually sign him but its just so so frustrating

Actually the frustration is because, everyone around us is adding quality to squad. Even bloody arsenal have got a couple.
I deep down inside know we will eventually sign him but its just so so frustrating
Brooks and graelish, job’s a good one.

Stringing it along for clicks, deal is dead, Dortmund not selling as no time for replacement. United will sign defender for first team depth, talks for Ballo-Toure. If not then Ait-Nouri

It obviously hit a stalemate when the 'deadline' passed an we hadn't made an acceptable offer, nothing has changed since then, so this one is going the way of Dybala unfortunately.

Not saying you're wrong and that we'll get him, but this is different to Dybala. He just didn't want to leave Juve. Sancho wants to come here (or so they say) so hopefully that make the difference.

Just when muppets were losing hope and dying in peace. They give them life. :lol:

Well. Mark Goldbridge is still saying it’s ON so there you have it.

What kind of unveiling video are you anticipating?

I can see a mock up of Harry Maguire posing as an under cover policeman, chasing a young lad and finally capturing him whilst throwing him into the back of a van and then driving him into The Theatre of Dreams. The van door opens and there he is .. Sancho.

We can dare to dream?

Posters like this do not deserve to celebrate any new signing. What’s the point in coming in here to post that? Completely needless.
To put you sad feckers to rest. Some call it a mercy killing, I call it a humanitarian killing.

Shhh now, sleep, shhhh.

While we have the money.... :lol:

Point is we have Woody and The Glazers which does sound like a terrible pub band

I think it's surely impossible we're briefing we have hundreds of millions to blow on Messi, while trying to haggle down Dortmund on Sancho. That wouldn't make any sense. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.