Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

theklr

Koeman is very likely to be gone next summer anyway. The favourite to be the next president has already said Xavi will be his manager.
Man they are burning through their managers faster than their income.

Terminator

Translation : We will pay exactly what BvB wanted from the very start a couple of months later.

Rolaholic

So basically the same thing thats been reported for almost a month now...

We know it means they'll end up breaking and paying up exactly what Dortmund want like they did last summer with AWB and Maguire so why not get the jump and get it over with prior to the preseason and season starting?

Would also make them more willing to actually sell as they'd get more time to find a replacement rather than chancing it last second at the end of the window

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think it makes less sense playing the "long-game" considering the contract extension, they're not going to charge any less in a year's time. I'm casting a worried eye to Barcelona as well, they're potentially losing Messi, that leaves a Sancho-sized hole in their team.

AltiUn

So basically the same thing thats been reported for almost a month now...

We know it means they'll end up breaking and paying up exactly what Dortmund want like we did last summer with AWB and Maguire so why not get the jump and get it over with prior to the preseason and season starting?

Would also make them more willing to actually sell as they'd get more time to find a replacement
It was reported that Palace wanted £60m for Wan-Bissaka and Leicester wanted £90m for Maguire, we managed to get about £10m off both their asking prices. If both clubs are still talking there must be some kind of wiggle room.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
'If required' :lol: we all know it'll come to that by us dithering then giving them exactly what they want on October 4th.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I think it makes less sense playing the "long-game" considering the contract extension, they're not going to charge any less in a year's time. I'm casting a worried eye to Barcelona as well, they're potentially losing Messi, that leaves a Sancho-sized hole in their team.
United would have been fully of aware of his contract, there was no extension this summer. Also the long game likely has more to do with Dortmunds finances than Sanchos contract.
Personally I think we should aim to do the deal before the season starts though, because if we leave it till the end, then a possible alternative will become an issue

AltiUn

United would have been fully of aware of his contract, there was no extension this summer. Also the long game likely has more to do with Dortmunds finances than Sanchos contract.
Personally I think we should aim to do the deal before the season starts though, because if we leave it till the end, then a possible alternative will become an issue
Agreed.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Wont surprise me if we pay €140m or something daft like the €120m in one go.
This looks like Maguire all over again.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Thats really positive news. And to be honest, I don't give a shit how long it takes. As long as Sancho is a United player by the end of the window, then it's a fantastic window for us

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
MEN saying both parties expecting a deal to be done and Sancho is “in limbo” at Dortmund. They were sourcing some podcast in another article though so no idea on reliability.

TsuWave

Digging in for the long-game? Are we expecting Dortmund to turn around and compromised on their demands/valuation? I wonder if there's any indication of that

spiriticon

Play the 'long game'? I mean how long do we need?

One transfer window to think about signing a player?
Another transfer window to negotiate?
Then a third transfer window to prepare a bid?

Rolaholic

Play the 'long game'? I mean how long do we need?

One transfer window to think about signing a player?
Another transfer window to negotiate?
Then a third transfer window to prepare a bid?
As far as I'm concerned, we've been playing the long game already given that the first links to him being Ole's no.1 target came immediately after he was named to the job on a permanent basis a year and a half ago :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.