Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone remind me, did we in the end pay what Leicester wanted for Maguire initially?

Someone remind me, did we in the end pay what Leicester wanted for Maguire initially?

We never see the actual figures in fairness, but for both him and Wan Bissaka it seemed to be pretty much the original figure.

Jamie Jackson’s reliability is fine. He was the only one adamant about us signing Lukaku instead when everyone was sure and convinced we were signing Morata

We never see the actual figures in fairness, but for both him and Wan Bissaka it seemed to be pretty much the original figure.

No. But people keep believing that.

Leceister wanted 85 million Pounds plus add-ons, but I think we agreed on a fee of 87 million Euros in the end (~80 million Pounds).

And for AWB they wanted 50m + removal of Zaha sell on clause, estimated at 5-15m.

Reports of what Leicester wanted started from 100M, then went to 90M, then 85M and 80M as we got closer to the deadline. We ended up paying 80M. Similar with AWB. So, it depends on who, what and when you believe because we don't really know what those clubs wanted directly from them.

Reports of what Leicester wanted started from 100M, then went to 90M, then 85M and 80M. We ended up paying 80M. Similar with AWB. So, it depends on who, what and when you believe because we don't really know what those clubs wanted directly from them.

The first reported fee said Leicester wanted 80m

And for AWB they wanted 50m + removal of Zaha sell on clause, estimated at 5-15m.
Yeah, we were able to negotiate to a slightly more favourable deal for us in our recent transfers. This has been the case with football transfers in general, though; if a club starts high, they barely go down by a significant amount.

We have negotiated lower fees for both AWB and Maguire ( although whatever we agreed later also was too high but that's different case). We will get this done. We know what we have to pay.

The first reported fee said Leicester wanted 80m
I clearly remember seeing reports of 100M and 90M towards the end of June and beginning of July. But again we don't actually know what actually Leicester wanted.

I clearly remember seeing reports of 100M and 90M towards the end of June and beginning of July. But again we don't actually know what actually Leicester wanted.

Yes but the first reported fee was before that

m6oXoH.gif
This thread on a hopeful tweet :D

Last edited:
Those at the club must be confident on doing this if they're still playing the cards game. Otherwise I guess we would have moved on already, and we would know through BBC and friends.

People didn't give too much relevance to this but for me Favre's words have changed the course of the game. When everyone at Borussia were repeating the same artificial message about Sancho he came out to highlight certain issues of the player, saying how he needs to learn to be a top professional, run more than 10 minutes and so on. With everyone smiling for the picture and pretending it's all fine, the minimal thing you say against the trend is a statement of intents and he said too much, and I'm sure his boss didn't take it well.

Just imagine we were negotiating with Real for Pogba and we ask them 150 M, as the club label him as a world class player. But then our manager, who substituted him once before half time and left him on the bench in recent months, steps into the scene during negotiations saying Pogba can't head the ball, needs to defend more and stop jogging around the field. The club's position gets weakened and probably makes them reconsider their first stance, which is clearly his intention. Or he would have remained silent or would have repeated the same artificial message to protect the player's value.

For me it's not a coincidence that since this man appeared on scene Borussia have kept their arrogant westphalian claims in the wardrobe, and probably they're a bit more reasonable now keeping us in the game still. Just a feeling.

Also with Chelsea doing all that business, I think the club have more pressure than ever to deliver. If this isn't done this summer I would be surprised considering all the cards on the table.

You can imagine Woodward on the phone to the papers

"we have the money to buy anyone...but we're after Sancho"

Chin up guys. This is always going to happen. Sancho is ours.

I see we're doing the "testing their resolve" chapter from the negotiating handbook

Those at the club must be confident on doing this if they're still playing the cards game. Otherwise I guess we would have moved on already, and we would know through BBC and friends.

People didn't give too much relevance to this but for me Favre's words have changed the course of the game. When everyone at Borussia were repeating the same artificial message about Sancho he came out to highlight certain issues of the player, saying how he needs to learn to be a top professional, run more than 10 minutes and so on. With everyone smiling for the picture and pretending it's all fine, the minimal thing you say against the trend is a statement of intents and he said too much, and I'm sure his boss didn't take it well.

Just imagine we were negotiating with Real for Pogba and we ask them 150 M, as the club label him as a world class player. But then our manager, who substituted him once before half time and left him on the bench in recent months, steps into the scene during negotiations saying Pogba can't head the ball, needs to defend more and stop jogging around the field. The club's position gets weakened and probably makes them reconsider their first stance, which is clearly his intention. Or he would have remained silent or would have repeated the same artificial message to protect the player's value.

For me it's not a coincidence that since this man appeared on scene Borussia have kept their arrogant westphalian claims in the wardrobe, and probably they're a bit more reasonable now keeping us in the game still. Just a feeling.

Also with Chelsea doing all that business, I think the club have more pressure than ever to deliver. If this isn't done this summer I would be surprised considering all the cards on the table.

I always chuckle a bit at the use of the word "clearly" in this thread. If the tables were turned you'd take Favre's words as a sign that the transfer is "clearly" off, because no way a coach would torpedo his club's bargaining position like that. But since they are not and you want the transfer to happen it's apparently a clear sign that it's on.
Not to mention Dortmund's "se queda" statements first being a clear sign that the transfer is still on (trying to pressure United into a bid or what was the logic?) and now the opposite, their absence, is a clear sign as well. Clearly.

Translation : We will pay exactly what BvB wanted from the very start a couple of months later.

Further translation: Woodward and his team have once again been played like a fiddle, and they will try to convince people it’s the other way around.

I always chuckle a bit at the use of the word "clearly" in this thread. If the tables were turned you'd take Favre's words as a sign that the transfer is "clearly" off, because no way a coach would torpedo his club's bargaining position like that. But since they are not and you want the transfer to happen it's apparently a clear sign that it's on.
Not to mention Dortmund's "se queda" statements first being a clear sign that the transfer is still on (trying to pressure United into a bid or what was the logic?) and now the opposite, their absence, is a clear sign as well. Clearly.
Are you a Dortmund fan or just a German football fan?

Quit being Dortmund chief ambassador, if United have the funds to sign Sancho this window, it will happen. Am sure even you know that, a €100m+ bid comes in and he will leave Dortmund no matter how much you shout on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.