Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
And he wasn’t that good in either position. We couldn’t even get that right
Valencia won club player of the year for us. How wasn’t he good. He had a very good career with us but lots of fans are basing their opinions about him based on his poor last few years with us. The amount of assists he provided Rooney with in the early to mid parts of his United career was great.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
I wasnt begging keep it open by all means I've been read the whole thing it just seems a bit futile at the moment for obvious reasons.
I mean...nobody has a clue what's going on.

So I agree, we should lock the thread and go to church. We all need to combine our prayers to remove the scourge of Edward Woodward from this club. It is the only way.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Weird how much people re-write history on Nani. He was good, but very wasteful.
Nani was a great player. He was signed to get bums of seats and try and be a constant creative threat, I thoroughly enjoyed watching him and thought he added a lot of value.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Nani was a great player. He was signed to get bums of seats and try and be a constant creative threat, I thoroughly enjoyed watching him and thought he added a lot of value.
He was alright in a good team, but tbh he never elevated the team to the next level by himself (like for example Rooney/Ronaldo/Tevez/Giggsy). Odd flashes of brilliance for sure, but not consistently. He'd probably barely get into the current side which is quite damning. That red card broke my heart too, but that was horseshit in fairness.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He was alright in a good team, but tbh he never elevated the team to the next level by himself (like for example Rooney/Ronaldo/Tevez/Giggsy). Odd flashes of brilliance for sure, but not consistently. He'd probably barely get into the current side which is quite damning. That red card broke my heart too, but that was horseshit in fairness.
He was the one of the best players in the league I think 2011, may have been 09

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You don't have to be as great as Ronaldo/Tevez/Giggsy/Rooney to be better than just "good" though. He was a great player for us in many ways, sure he wasn't the best of the best (I'd argue Giggs was getting inefficient in his own ways too by then anyway). He was arguably our best player over a season/season and a half, although I forgot which season specifically.

Womp

idiot
When played on the right, he was consistently great, was our best player that season, one of the best wingers in Europe. Got shafted to the left to accomodate Tony, and he was never quite as good off the left, was far too inconsistent. Was always more of a proper winger than an inside forward.

RUCK4444

Agree, he was a top player for us and one of the most creative in the team. Very underrated, however I do agree he was also a very inconsistent and frustrating player. He swayed from the sublime to wasteful literally from game to game.

That said everybody should check out his United goal highlights, it's the best goal compilation for a player at one club that your likely to ever see. Incredible.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Mainly because he was compared to Ronaldo all the time.

If we had a young Nani in our team now he'd be talked about as 1 of the best wingers in the world. I think it didn't help that Nani was better on the right side, but Valencia could only play RW at the time and Fergie preferred his old school approach.

When Valencia got injured it's no surprise Nani had his best season as he played every week and found consistency, it's hard for a player to do that if you're playing only once every few weeks or in a position you don't feel as comfortable.

When you look back at some of the stuff Nani did though :drool: what a player. Just shows how far our squad has fallen in 7/8 years!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Agree, he was a top player for us and one of the most creative in the team. Very underrated, however I do agree he was also a very inconsistent and frustrating player. He swayed from the sublime to wasteful literally from game to game.

That said everybody should check out his United goal highlights, it's the best goal compilation for a player at one club that your likely to ever see. Incredible.
I'm unsure, I think he was wasteful initially and then grew into great consistency. Think he was averaging a goal or assist per game for a very stretched period. His downfall came when Moyes fecked the entire squad up.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
I mean...nobody has a clue what's going on.

So I agree, we should lock the thread and go to church. We all need to combine our prayers to remove the scourge of Edward Woodward from this club. It is the only way.
I dont think Ed Woodward is the problem to be honest and if we're relying on prayer then we are fecked
we signed Antonio Valencia in 2009 . he was the last right winger we signed 11 years ago. And even at that we made him a Fullback
That was the point it all started to turn for us wasn't it when we lost Ronaldo and Tevez and signed i think Owen, Obertan and Valencia.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

The Tottenham tap in being the highlight :drool::lol:

Fracture90

Remember watching that 2011 Community Shield final against City and thinking that Nani has finally turned the page and is about to become a proper replacement for Ronaldo...

dabeast

I realise that Messi is the GOAT and has done more for Barca than any other player in their storied history. However, I do think that the Sancho transfer saga this summer encapsulates how bad the Glazers have been for Manchester United. For the life of me, I can't understand why some strip mall owning children of an American small-time (relatively) real-estate owner who know nothing about football should decide the future of an institution that counts people like Edwards, Busby, Charlton, Best, Giggs, Scholes and Ferguson in their history. It seems like the worst aspects of unfettered capitalism for them to be able to decide to not pay for Jadon Sancho (who is not there yet but has the potential to be a United great) but rather add to the 1 Bn + GBP that this family has taken out of our institution. Sancho could have joined us last summer, but the Glazers balked then too. Of course, we also need other players to make us great again, and the Glazers need to buy them but Sancho is a test case and we have failed so far.

They will cite COVID-related restrictions on spending as the reason but, make no mistake, these are small restrictions compared to the horrible restrictions these horrible owners have placed on our club for one and a half decades now. The fans of Barcelona are starting to express their opinion . Barcelona is a socio-governed and owned club so their protest is more significant than ours but it seems that we too should be able to do that.

Can the UK Government nationalise Manchester United as an asset of national importance and change its governance to a socio model?

In Rainbows

When played on the right, he was consistently great, was our best player that season, one of the best wingers in Europe. Got shafted to the left to accomodate Tony, and he was never quite as good off the left, was far too inconsistent. Was always more of a proper winger than an inside forward.
Yep. People forget how Nani was sacrificed in order for Tony to succeed. He was forced to play left when he had his best form on the right. Nani should have won player of the year in 2011 instead of Bale. Unbelievable that Bale won over him.

I also agree with the fact (hey it's a fact) that Valencia was great in 2012. Undeniable. It's rewriting history to say otherwise. Still it's also true that Nani was shafted to the left in order to fit in Tony. Tony was a bit lucky that he could not play on the left and thus wasn't sacrificed for Nani.

Redcy

Loved Nani, inconsistent at times, but a joy to watch, two footed, could dribble and hit thunder strikes from nothing. What we could do with him now.

BarstoolProphet

No he wasn't. Probably the player who has frustrated me the most.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Mainly because he was compared to Ronaldo all the time.

If we had a young Nani in our team now he'd be talked about as 1 of the best wingers in the world.
He wouldnt even be spoke about as one of the best wingers in England. C'mon now, that is massively hyperbolic.

I wonder how he'd stack up against Sancho. I've not seen enough of Sancho to compare tbh.

macheda14

I realise that Messi is the GOAT and has done more for Barca than any other player in their storied history. However, I do think that the Sancho transfer saga this summer encapsulates how bad the Glazers have been for Manchester United. For the life of me, I can't understand why some strip mall owning children of an American small-time (relatively) real-estate owner who know nothing about football should decide the future of an institution that counts people like Edwards, Busby, Charlton, Best, Giggs, Scholes and Ferguson in their history. It seems like the worst aspects of unfettered capitalism for them to be able to decide to not pay for Jadon Sancho (who is not there yet but has the potential to be a United great) but rather add to the 1 Bn + GBP that this family has taken out of our institution. Sancho could have joined us last summer, but the Glazers balked then too. Of course, we also need other players to make us great again, and the Glazers need to buy them but Sancho is a test case and we have failed so far.

They will cite COVID-related restrictions on spending as the reason but, make no mistake, these are small restrictions compared to the horrible restrictions these horrible owners have placed on our club for one and a half decades now. The fans of Barcelona are starting to express their opinion . Barcelona is a socio-governed and owned club so their protest is more significant than ours but it seems that we too should be able to do that.

Can the UK Government nationalise Manchester United as an asset of national importance and change its governance to a socio model?
No they can’t and thats a silly question. Can we stop with these ‘look I’m so smart and this isn’t really relevant to the thread’ posts.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Someone should start an e-petition! Maybe they can nationalize Sancho as well:confused:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Normally because like most internet fans, someone is/was either superb, or terrible.

When the reality for 99% of players is in the middle range somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.