Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
In all reality no one knows if Jadon is moving to united, i hazard a guess not even the player right now, if Woodward genuinely believes he can sign Messi, he’s a bigger clown than most of us on here already believe him to be!

Messi will agitate for a move, if the Barcelona board resign he’ll stay, otherwise he will go to City in a long protracted transfer where deals will be done in the Middle East to appease all concerned , after all what are UEFA going to do, Nada that’s what!

So back on point, Woodward playing Roulette, he’s hedging his bets and waiting for the last week to sign Jadon at something silly like £79m down and £21m in add ons and stage payments where £90m is guaranteed by 2022. Dortmund will say no and we will scramble to get two players in the last week probably resigning Memphis Depay for £40m and Josh King for 20m, who started off in our academy saying we’ve brought back two more of our own add that to a Defensive midfielder like Partey or Idris Iguye and that’s our business down, as usual
We shoot for the stars and end up with debris from falling meteors

The shame of the whole fiasco, is Covid genuine gave the club and the manager a chance to strengthen the squad ;

We could have bought ;
E Cavani on a free
A Doucoure £30M and used to PL
M Skriniar £45m
A Sandro £30M
T Draxler £25m

No tell me that lot would improve our strength in depth and £100m bet spend but we will waste all window and then be told we got our targets !!!!
Tbf the only ones from that list I'd take at those prices would be Skriniar and Draxler. Even they would be maybes.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
In all reality no one knows if Jadon is moving to united, i hazard a guess not even the player right now, if Woodward genuinely believes he can sign Messi, he’s a bigger clown than most of us on here already believe him to be!

Messi will agitate for a move, if the Barcelona board resign he’ll stay, otherwise he will go to City in a long protracted transfer where deals will be done in the Middle East to appease all concerned , after all what are UEFA going to do, Nada that’s what!

So back on point, Woodward playing Roulette, he’s hedging his bets and waiting for the last week to sign Jadon at something silly like £79m down and £21m in add ons and stage payments where £90m is guaranteed by 2022. Dortmund will say no and we will scramble to get two players in the last week probably resigning Memphis Depay for £40m and Josh King for 20m, who started off in our academy saying we’ve brought back two more of our own add that to a Defensive midfielder like Partey or Idris Iguye and that’s our business down, as usual

The shame of the whole fiasco, is Covid genuine gave the club and the manager a chance to strengthen the squad ;

We could have bought ;
E Cavani on a free
M Skriniar £45m
A Sandro £30M
T Draxler £25m

No tell me that lot would improve our strength in depth and £100m bet spend but we will waste all window and then be told we got our targets !!!!
Making up fees we supposedly could get players for is a new low on this thread.

United tax would bump all of those up.

diarm

We could have bought ;
E Cavani on a free
M Skriniar £45m
A Sandro £30M
T Draxler £25m

• Cavani on massive wages would show that we've learned absolutely nothing from the Falcao, Sanchez, Schweinsteiger mistakes of our recent past
  • Doucoure is not a player worth getting your knickers in a twist over not signing.
  • Skriniar is visibly slow in Italian football, let alone Premier League. We need a Rio style centre back, not a Vidic.
  • Juventus fans are desperate to see the back of Sandro. He's living off the glory of a good six months a few years back and is not going to be our answer at fullback.
  • Draxler is handy, but not what we need at the moment. You can also guarantee that Manchester United would not have been landing him for £25m.

Lemansky

We could have bought ;
E Cavani on a free
M Skriniar £45m
A Sandro £30M
T Draxler £25m

Is this your transfer list from FM 2017? World has moved on. I would cry myself to sleep if we wasted that amount of money on so many average joes.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
  • Cavani on massive wages would show that we've learned absolutely nothing from the Falcao, Sanchez, Schweinsteiger mistakes of our recent past
  • Doucoure is not a player worth getting your knickers in a twist over not signing.
  • Skriniar is visibly slow in Italian football, let alone Premier League. We need a Rio style centre back, not a Vidic.
  • Juventus fans are desperate to see the back of Sandro. He's living off the glory of a good six months a few years back and is not going to be our answer at fullback.
  • Draxler is handy, but not what we need at the moment. You can also guarantee that Manchester United would not have been landing him for £25m.
I agree with most of this, but I do think Cavani would be a good route for a free transfer, provided his wages aren't too crazy. I don't think he'd be demanding Sanchez level wages, Schweinstiger was well over the hill and Falcao was a crock so I don't think any of those are comparable in that regard.

Lemansky

And how many fans where underwhelmed by Igalho ?
That was a short term loan signing for depth in the run in. And successful. As he played some games and Martial got a rest. Don’t know what that have to do with your totally shambolic list?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
And how many fans where underwhelmed by Igalho ?
You know Ighalo hasn’t been very good right? He was an okay short-term signing at the time considering the alternatives but when needing a goal in a European semifinal he was brought on in the 91st minute which says everything about what Ole thinks of him in games that matter.

diarm

I agree with most of this, but I do think Cavani would be a good route for a free transfer, provided his wages aren't too crazy. I don't think he'd be demanding Sanchez level wages, Schweinstiger was well over the hill and Falcao was a crock so I don't think any of those are comparable in that regard.
I'm a huge fan of Cavani - I think he's a warrior and a leader, along with being a quality footballer. But I was a huge fan of Schweinsteiger and Sanchez as well. Those types of signings work well in settled and well but together squads but we're a ways away from that still and should just focus on the path we've been headed on under Ole.

Woziak

You know Ighalo hasn’t been very good right? He was an okay short-term signing at the time considering the alternatives but when needing a goal in a European semifinal he was brought on in the 91st minute which says everything about what Ole thinks of him in games that matter.
My point is he’ll cost £15m and £120k per week on a 3 year contract - circa £35m

Edison will cost £250k per week on a 2 year contract - circa £25m

Do the Math !!!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'm a huge fan of Cavani - I think he's a warrior and a leader, along with being a quality footballer. But I was a huge fan of Schweinsteiger and Sanchez as well. Those types of signings work well in settled and well but together squads but we're a ways away from that still and should just focus on the path we've been headed on under Ole.
Without deterring the thread, I think the difference between these targets is that the latter examples (which went on to flop) were brought in under an expectation to be key players week in week out which we can almost operate our passages of play through. A player of Cavani's ilk for what, 175-200k wages is a lot of money, but it comes with no fee and a short term deal. I would do it because the value add in bailing out of tricky games where teams sit deep would be potentially huge. The risk/benefit analysis is more appealing from the way I see it at least.

Lemansky

My point is he’ll cost £15m and £120k per week on a 3 year contract - circa £35m

Edison will cost £250k per week on a 2 year contract - circa £25m

Do the Math !!!
It was rumoured that Ighalo took a huge pay cut to play here.

You are comparing apples and potatoes tough.

Ighalo is a huge United supporter brought in for a very specific role - a backup for Martial and a rotating option.

Cavani would not come here playing second fiddle. And we would not buy him in and play him as a back up on huge wages and a 2-3 year contract. It would definitely not have been a good situation for the club at all.

zizou81

Without deterring the thread, I think the difference between these targets is that the latter examples (which went on to flop) were brought in under an expectation to be key players week in week out which we can almost operate our passages of play through. A player of Cavani's ilk for what, 175-200k wages is a lot of money, but it comes with no fee and a short term deal. I would do it because the value add in bailing out of tricky games where teams sit deep would be potentially huge. The risk/benefit analysis is more appealing from the way I see it at least.
Bastian was not necessarily a flop. He never had a poor game from memory and was very solid. He did what he was asked to do when he played and then the manager stopped using him for who knows why. For me, Bastian was more of a lost opportunity.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Is this your transfer list from FM 2017? World has moved on. I would cry myself to sleep if we wasted that amount of money on so many average joes.
Have you not been following us post Ronaldo? We’ve spent a billion on players and still have a squad with no RW, one injury prone LB, one DM who’s getting on, a backup striker on loan till jan, no left footed attackers and about 10 centre backs but we are still in the market for another? I’d say average joes are our speciality the last 10 years

davidmichael

We could have bought ;
E Cavani on a free
M Skriniar £45m
A Sandro £30M
T Draxler £25m

I’d literally cry myself to sleep every night if we ended up with that group of players, maybe a couple of years ago I’d have taken Sandro and Cavani but Skriniar has to be the most overrated centre back in football and looked awful against Chong so feck knows how he’d fare against Aguero or Mane or an elite attacker on a regular basis.

Lemansky

Have you not been following us post Ronaldo? We’ve spent a billion on players and still have a squad with no RW, one injury prone LB, one DM who’s getting on, a backup striker on loan till jan, no left footed attackers and about 10 centre backs but we are still in the market for another? I’d say average joes are our speciality the last 10 years
Yeah. Maybe a shift in policy is good. That list the poster above listed was a blast from the past. Th opposite of what we should do with regards to player infrastructure.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
There's literally been nothing of interest in this saga for about 2-3 weeks now, can a saga even be a saga if nothing is actually happening?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I even forgot to wish you all a happy Sancho day today, which in my opinion is very telling.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
There's literally been nothing of interest in this saga for about 2-3 weeks now, can a saga even be a saga if nothing is actually happening?
There was never any substance to the Vidal stuff but look at the state of that thread.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Why would it be locked?
There's a bunch of irrelevant discussion among the "Happy Sancho Day!" posts. We even had a page of discussions on an ITK Tweet, which never should have been discussed in the first place. Without any updates, we're just going in circles.

Bobade

But two can play at that game though. You're just making our side sound much worse than it is by using hyperbole.

I could say we have a squad with 3 exciting and talented forwards and 2 potentially world class playmakers. We are going to win the title !

That's unrealistic though.

Fooza

Cousin-gate, Barbar-gate, that was about it. And a lot of hopefuls still saying Sancho or United haven't officially closed this deal so it's still on.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
There's a bunch of irrelevant discussion among the "Happy Sancho Day!" posts. We even had a page of discussions on an ITK Tweet, which never should have been discussed in the first place. Without any updates, we're just going in circles.
The Sancho Day stuff is just simple muppet fun. It’s the long-winded repetitive moaning about Fellaini, Woodward, the Glazers, etc. that is detrimental.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Not coming, Dortmund no longer comfortable with sourcing replacement at this stage. We won't be signing other attacker with Greenwood and James as options on the right. Sancho a marquee signing but now unavailable.

We are in talks with Monaco for defender, but doesn't know name (Badiashile or Toure?).

Nothing about holding midfielder.

RUCK4444

Then leave the thread.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Not coming, Dortmund no longer comfortable with sourcing replacement at this stage. We won't be signing other attacker with Greenwood and James as options on the right. Sancho a marquee signing but now unavailable.

We are in talks with Monaco for defender, but doesn't know name (Badiashile or Toure?).

Brooks in and we’re ready for the new season I think.

pascell

Christ, if true what a very, very poor summer in which we haven't fully backed Ole.

Badiashile for big money would be one of the most pointless ever signings we've made, up there with Darmian, Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger.

edit: what happened to the brief?

Coops73

Ok great cheers, thanks for that :wenger:

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Christ, if true what a very, very poor summer in which we haven't fully backed Ole.

Badiashile for big money would be one of the most pointless ever signings we've made, up there with Darmian, Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger.

edit: what happened to the brief?
No reply to that part of my message. Hence disclaimer on what he's relayed. I'll be having a Google hangout with him and a few other pals this weekend so will try to get a read on what's up. I suspect he's telling me in good faith though, as straight laced as they come. It's more the folk he knows having him on that I'm worried of.

Coops73

No reply to that part of my message. Hence disclaimer on what he's relayed. I'll be having a Google hangout with him and a few other pals this weekend so will try to get a read on what's up. I suspect he's telling me in good faith though, as straight laced as they come. It's more the folk he knows having him on that I'm worried of.
Who are you talking about? Who’s relayed?Woodward?

RUCK4444

If you think I have a problem with the posts, then that's not the case. I'm just surprised that the thread has stayed open when, in the past, it'd get locked after extended periods of off-topic discussion.
I think it’s pretty much because we as a club haven’t briefed that we are no longer interested in the player.

Some posters post that we don’t need to brief the press but that would be very unusual for Woody, plus to leave any possibility of this rumbling on in the press without any intent from us to sign him is bad publicity, particularly when other clubs are signing big names.

Status
Not open for further replies.