Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

pascell

No reply to that part of my message. Hence disclaimer on what he's relayed. I'll be having a Google hangout with him and a few other pals this weekend so will try to get a read on what's up. I suspect he's telling me in good faith though, as straight laced as they come. It's more the folk he knows having him on that I'm worried of.
Cheers for that, I guess he could be being led down the garden path so to speak, who knows, maybe United have held off on the brief.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I think it’s pretty much because we as a club haven’t briefed that we are no longer interested in the player.

Some posters post that we don’t need to brief the press but that would be very unusual for Woody, plus to leave any possibility of this rumbling on in the press without any intent from us to sign him is bad publicity, particularly when other clubs are signing big names.
For sure, as long as the club don't say anything, then the deal is still on. I don't mind any discussion on the player (including Tweets about his pre-season activities), but we've had extended discussions over transfer wishlists and disappointing transfer windows along with that.

Gasolin

Not coming, Dortmund no longer comfortable with sourcing replacement at this stage. We won't be signing other attacker with Greenwood and James as options on the right. Sancho a marquee signing but now unavailable.

We are in talks with Monaco for defender, but doesn't know name (Badiashile or Toure?).

Nothing about holding midfielder.
This makes me sad... why can't they take the f***** replacement, it drives me nut!!!

manutddjw

What I see happening is with the tough start we have, we’ll drop some points early, fans will rebel and we’ll just end up of giving Dortmund what they want maybe a little extra near deadline day.

DSG

What I see happening is with the tough start we have, we’ll drop some points early, fans will rebel and we’ll just end up of giving Dortmund what they want maybe a little extra near deadline day.
I’d be happy with that outcome. I don’t think it will happen though.

Just another reason why the executive management team needs to go. Embarrassing really. Chelsea reload with top class signings, and Ed is picking lint out of his belly button. I think we all see now that “the club” was not the architect behind us becoming the preeminent club in world football, it was Sir Alex. Nothing is guaranteed in football, and when you have a myopic bean counter running the club, you end up watching the whole thing crumble.

pascell

What way will fans rebel without being in the stadium? A couple of #GlazerOut or #WoodwardOut tweets aren't going to do a thing, that won't make them act.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Have to admit it’s getting depressing once again this transfer window. Reminds me of last year. I’m convinced the Glazers are only really interested in top 4.

Rolaholic

Have to admit it’s getting depressing once again this transfer window. Reminds me of last year. I’m convinced the Glazers are only really interested in top 4.
I hear you, starting to get the sense that the club are more than fine with being the rich man's Arsenal and not actually competing amongst the true elite

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I hear you, starting to get the sense that the club are more than fine with being the rich man's Arsenal and not actually competing amongst the true elite
They wouldn’t go far enough in my opinion, it would have to come from a combination of youth and signings and really it would be inspite of the owners

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
This really is quite a shame for us to lose out on prime target for the summer. Still hope we can somehow turn it around.
Nah, this is dead. I said a about a month or so ago that this wouldn't happen as there was no real logic to it from Sancho's position owing to his current pay, age and him being a nailed on starter at a CL club who play in a top league. That was before the revelation that he has a additional year, which was the absolute final nail in the coffin as it means BD have zero need to sell and if anything benefit from a further year.

People brought way too much into the rumours his was home sick. I mean this is a kid that left London to go to Manchester at 14 so starting to get homesick at 20 didn't stack up for me, and especially when Dortmund is what 1hr 30mins from London via plane?

Valencia Shin Crosses

I absolutely agree in terms of our first eleven. Our best eleven with Messi in it would most definitely be able to challenge.
The problem is the drop in quality to the backup players is huge right now. Our depth is too average in order to offer a title challenge.
Tbf we could say the same thing about Liverpool this past year, yet they stayed healthy and almost broke all the PL records. Of course with our luck things could go differently.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
We need to face facts guys, we are probably never winning the premier league again under the Glazers.

Hanky panky

We need to face facts guys, we are probably never winning the premier league again under the Glazers.
This is very possible. And that's why i would even choose oil money before Glazers. Main goal need to be winning, not making money.

Womp

idiot
There hasn't been an update in like 3 weeks. The only hope people have left is that we haven't come out and categorically admitted we have stopped pursuing him, when in reality, doing that probably isn't in our best interest. The social media presence/exposure we get from Sancho is beneficial to revenue, if we were to come out and admit it was done, the PR backlash we would receive for a failing to secure a target we have pursued for 2 years, especially whilst our rivals strengthen as they have, would be devastating.

In reality, the German media have completely buried this and the foreign journos/British journos we have held so close to our heart this saga, have not said shite.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
There hasn't been an update in like 3 weeks. The only hope people have left is that we haven't come out and categorically admitted we have stopped pursuing him, when in reality, doing that probably isn't in our best interest. The social media presence/exposure we get from Sancho is beneficial to revenue, if we were to come out and admit it was done, the PR backlash we would receive for a failing to secure a target we have pursued for 2 years, especially whilst our rivals strengthen as they have, would be devastating.

In reality, the German media have completely buried this and the foreign journos/British journos we have held so close to our heart this saga, have not said shite.
Dortmund can now look like the tough guys and United like the desperate ones without Dortmund having to add anything more. Once an offer is accepted which will probably be close to the asking price mentioned in the press (even though they probably told United to go even higher) - will then allow them to say "welp, guess we ll just take their money since they finally caved to our demands, but only because of that". And we walk off into the sunset a player richer but once again paying full or over the asking price.

Womp

idiot
Dortmund can now look like the tough guys and United like the desperate ones without Dortmund having to add anything more. Once an offer is accepted which will probably be close to the asking price mentioned in the press (even though they probably told United to go even higher) - will then allow them to say "welp, guess we ll just take their money since they finally caved to our demands, but only because of that". And we walk off into the sunset a player richer but once again paying full or over the asking price.
I'd happily take people thinking we were mugged off or 'lost' and what not if it meant we got Sancho, I'd say that is the best case scenario actually. This is one of those transfers you can just tell will be so important in our coming years, but I'm convinced it's done

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I've often wondered if we are just poor at managing big-name acquisitions like Sanchos' or if negotiations often seem unusually protracted because we are too emotionally invested in the club's transfer dealings and when transfers fail to happen it feels like we've been twiddling our thumbs for far too long.

Womp

idiot
I've often wondered if we are just poor at managing big-name acquisitions like Sanchos' or if negotiations often seem unusually protracted because we are too emotionally invested in the club's transfer dealings and when transfers fail to happen it feels like we've been twiddling our thumbs for far too long.
Well we could argue the Havertz transfer is of a similar profile. Leverkusen didn't even want to begin negotiating until they were knocked out of the Europa, once they were Chelsea have seemingly got that finalized in 1-2 weeks, whilst also signing other players at the same time.

So I'd say we are just bad at negotiating, or we just have no intention of paying what Sancho is going for and it's all media talk, which is another argument entirely.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Were also poor at small name acquisitions. See how many players we have who you look at and say "cant believe we only paid XXX for him".

reelworld

Don't think this will happen. But is it possible that all this quiet is to help Dortmund find a replacement? Like ok we'll give you a lower price, but we'll delayed the announcement so we can find a replacement without being rinsed ourselves.

United58

Don't think this will happen. But is it possible that all this quiet is to help Dortmund find a replacement? Like ok we'll give you a lower price, but we'll delayed the announcement so we can find a replacement without being rinsed ourselves.
Wouldn't it be very obvious to any club that if a winger was sought by Dortmund that Sancho would be off though?

sport2793

That's what many people have been guessing this entire time.

Womp

idiot
As above posted, it would be extremely obvious that they were selling Sancho if they were trying to sign wide players. Hardly as if this transfer is a secret or anything

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
In a way I can understand the club's hesitation to pay such a massive fee. With all the financial devastation and uncertainty caused by the Covid pandemic not many clubs will or can afford to spend big. Nobody knows when the pandemic will end, and a possible second wave will deepen the recession and hit clubs even harder. The current atmosphere strongly favours clubs who don't want/need to sell, and BD is one of them. The "homesick" story is a baseless assumption. The player has never said that, and he extended his contract last year despite being fully aware United were interested in him. United need to work on other options including Grealish.

Last edited:

red thru&thru

Happy Sancho day.

We will get this over the line... :devil:

Everyone involved have invested so much in this that a resolution will be found in the end.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Close the thread, were done here. As mentioned above weve not briefed it so only because it would create a backlash.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Is a thread on an internet forum really distressing people that much that they need to come in here to beg for it to be closed? It's hilarious.
I wasnt begging keep it open by all means I've been read the whole thing it just seems a bit futile at the moment for obvious reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.