Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zirkzee can easily play on the left if needs be, wingers are the least of our worries. Do what arsenal did, cull the squad and then carefully add young talented players.
Hoijlund has played on the left too, on occasion.

Greenwood
Pellestri
Forson
Sancho tbc

If Sancho goes there's no way we let that many wingers go and don't sign a winger at the end of the window.

If Sancho goes on a permanent deal we surely sign a winger/cm, or both.
That's 4 wingers that barely played for us last season, so why do they need replacing? We still have Rachford, Garnacho, Amad, Antony, and can also play Zirkzee and Mount wide if needed, and as none of them are going anywhere, we won't be getting another winger in. As much as we'd like to replace Antony, there are other areas that need reinforcing sooner than that. Ideally another midfield option to rotate with Mainoo, Lavia would be the ideal makeweight in a Sancho deal with Chelsea.

It feels like every year we've got at least one player who's flopped so badly, and on a massive contract, that we'd all just be grateful if they left for next to nothing just so we don't have to see them play again. Sancho for the last season, then we've still got Antony, I'm sure someone will mention Rashford or Bruno soon also. Let's start by getting rid of this waste of space and see what happens next. I hope this is the end of massive disappointments.

Presume none of Mudryk, Madueke or Chukwemeka are options on the table as not mentioned in tweet with Chilwell or Sterling

I’d take Madueke. Even before last weekend, the bits I saw of him last season I really liked. Extremely confident, direct winger. But I doubt he’s available at this point after his start to the season.

I’d take Madueke. Even before last weekend, the bits I saw of him last season I really liked. Extremely confident, direct winger. But I doubt he’s available at this point after his start to the season.

Why would Chelsea give Madueke? He just scored a hat trick last game.

Best option for us right now is money or to take Chiesa plus money from Juve.

Chiesa is a elite level player if he gets going.

Wouldn't mind a swap with Chiesa (plus some cash going our way of course).

Edit: Although I've just read due to injuries he's apparently not the player he was a few years ago when I watched him

Chiesa is a elite level player if he gets going.

They have already stated they would sell him at the right price and Newcastle have expressed their interest.

He wasn’t a hot topic to our fans until he scored a Hattrick. Now he’s all of a sudden big business and “unsellable”. Would you have had this view last week?

Wouldn't mind a swap with Chiesa (plus some cash going our way of course).

Edit: Although I've just read due to injuries he's apparently not the player he was a few years ago when I watched him

He looked really poor at the euros. But he's only 26. I can see why it might be a gamble worth taking at that price.

Wonder if United could take a Juve player in part ex for Jadon. Really want him out of the club and Juve do have a few players they’re looking to move on.

Juve's cast off box are not a place we should be looking in to sign players

Better Juve's cast offs than Chelsea's though, by miles.

At least we wouldnt be funding and bailing out the Chelsea clown show again, like we did with Mount.

They have already stated they would sell him at the right price and Newcastle have expressed their interest.

He wasn’t a hot topic to our fans until he scored a Hattrick. Now he’s all of a sudden big business and “unsellable”. Would you have had this view last week?

It doesnt matter what we think but why would they sell him now is the point.

It will take a bid right now worth way more than his actual value.

Juve's cast off box are not a place we should be looking in to sign players

Well we have signed 2 Bayern cast offs by the same logic. And a Psg cast off.

That too by paying money. So whats wrong with a juve cast off in exchange for our cast off.

That too by paying money. So whats wrong with a juve cast off in exchange for our cast off.
Juve's team are far from Bayern and PSGs level and Bayerns player sale are more about raising funds than discarding of unwanted players

Better Juve's cast offs than Chelsea's though, by miles.

At least we wouldnt be funding and bailing out the Chelsea clown show again, like we did with Mount.
I’d take Lavia in an instant, we’ve lost 2 midfielders and brought in 1. Chelsea would also have to stump up a fee in addition of course.

Wonder if United could take a Juve player in part ex for Jadon. Really want him out of the club and Juve do have a few players they’re looking to move on.

Who would you like as Chiesa looks scouse bound

Wouldn't be the first time.

Give him a chance to get back into favour, and if not show potential buyers he's still around.

The sooner both are gone the better but nobody is taking on Rashford's wages this side of Saudi.
One of the problems that’s holding us back. We’re not ruthless enough.

Chiesa is an elite level player if he gets going.
The reality is that injuries have ruined him. Think the Italian Rashford. He’s living off hype now

I like the look of that Mbangula, he’s only 20 but not a chance they let him go.
Of course they would let him go. For the right price

They sold Soulé, one of the best players in serie A last season, and ended up having to pay more overall for his replacement, Nico Gonzales, who is good but also older and coming off a worse season than Soulè

Chiesa is still comfortably the best winger they have at the club too. He's in the final year of his contract and rejected an extension, so they need him gone.

The only player they would consider untouchable is Yildiz

The reality is that injuries have ruined him. Think the Italian Rashford. He’s living off hype now
Not really. He never touched Rashford's levels, so he simply doesn't have and never had that kind of hype. He's also been good last season. The injuries have derailed his progression but he's still good. The problem is he's injury prone. Also Allegri kept wanting him to play as a second striker rather than on the wing which he just never really liked, but that's besides the point. Juventus need him to leave for financial reasons

Not really. He never touched Rashford's levels, so he simply doesn't have and never had that kind of hype. He's also been good last season. The injuries have derailed his progression but he's still good. The problem is he's injury prone. Also Allegri kept wanting him to play as a second striker rather than on the wing which he just never really liked, but that's besides the point. Juventus need him to leave for financial reasons
I wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole. Barca are welcome to him

I actually think a change of scenery would do them both good. Rashford would thrive in Serie A and there's every chance Chiesa's talent allows him to shine in England.

Yep, first one that comes to mind is that Arjen Robben was a Madrid "cast off". Yeah right. Some players just need the right club.

I'd take Sterling on significantly reduced wages and a short term contract plus some cash tbh. He's a good player and Rashford is useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.