Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we swap our reject for Chelsea’s reject.

I mean there’s absolutely no winners in this situation.

Chelsea just see an opportunity for further dodgy accounting to keep them right, swap one of yours for one of ours, high transfer fee

I dont want Utd to sign Sterling at all. Also doubt we will

but it would be some careeer - Liverpool - City - Chelsea - Utd

Sterling's salary is higher then Sancho's while Chilwell's salary is higher then Shaw's. One is at the wrong end of his career while the other one has a worse injury record to Shaw. In few words we'll be worse off. I'd rather see us sell Sancho for 25m or 45m were 20m of whom goes to his salary then that crap. At least we would gain something out of it. Alternatively we can set a deal were we agree a loan (10m) then we engage in a swap deal were he get Angelo and Anselmino/Bashir Humphreys next season.

Am I mad for saying a two year deal wouldn’t be the worst idea?

I mean, he’s not great, but if we are not going to sign a winger as an alternative then it’s a better option than playing Antony there or expecting Amad to perform every time.

I mean, he’s not great, but if we are not going to sign a winger as an alternative then it’s a better option than playing Antony there or expecting Amad to perform every time.

There's no way it would be a 2 year deal.

The only reason we'd do it is an FFP dodge. Trade Sancho's remaining worth (on the books I think about £40m + bonuses this year) for ~ £50m and pay the same amount for Sterling which you can spread out over the course of a longer contract.

The trade off your making is 2 years of ~ £20m coming off your books to be replaced with 5 years of ~£10m on your books. I guess as an analogy it works like remortgaging at better rates.

It isn't a magic bullet and it more or less just kicks the problem down the road, but that would be why both clubs would be tempted to do it. The football reasons are secondary.

And yes it's fecking depressing that modern football means I know that.

Reactions: Jippy

Yes. And No.

He offered more than Antony, Amad, Rashford and Garnacho last season too. 8 goals and 4 assists in 22 league starts. It’s quite funny seeing everyone describe him as a has been when he’s better than every winger at the club - which shows the absolute state of our attack.
He’d easily come in and be our most productive winger, but that just shows how poor we are in that area. I just don’t enjoy watching him, infuriating player, which really was even more evident in Chelsea’s all over the place side.

Sterling is crap, a classic example of someone made to look much better than they actually are while playing under Pep with some fantastic talent around him. If Chelsea want Sancho it should be pure cash like they did with Mount. I'm sure we won't entertain any players as part of the deal.

Sancho became an average players those last three years, but Sterling is even worse than him.

The only player I would want is Chilwell, but to be honest it would be a mess with Shaw and Mazraoui's transfer if we bring another player there.

Just sell him to Juve, even if this is an obligation to buy.

He’d easily come in and be our most productive winger, but that just shows how poor we are in that area. I just don’t enjoy watching him, infuriating player, which really was even more evident in Chelsea’s all over the place side.
No we won't. Garnacho had a similar if not better season than him last season and the hope is that he'd be better as he continues developing.

If Rashford find his form from 22-23 back then he is twice the player the current version of sterling is.

No we won't. Garnacho had a similar if not better season than him last season and the hope is that he'd be better as he continues developing.

If Rashford find his form from 22-23 back then he is twice the player the current version of sterling is.
Big old if when it comes to Rashford. It’s pure hope than anything. i don’t want Sterling, wasn’t that clear?

Sterling would have been our 3rd top scorer last season with 8. People forget how just bad our forward line is.

Big old if when it comes to Rashford. It’s pure hope than anything. i don’t want Sterling, wasn’t that clear?
Yeah, but "He’d easily come in and be our most productive winger" was a reach, if not utter tripe.

Yeah, but "He’d easily come in and be our most productive winger" was a reach, if not utter tripe.
I really don’t think it’s that much of a reach, you might, that’s ok. Our wingers are inconsistent for a variety of reasons, age talent form, many factors. I’ve no problem being rational about him, even if I don’t want to sign him. But I’m massively underwhelmed by our attackers for the most part.

Sterling would have been our 3rd top scorer last season with 8. People forget how just bad our forward line is.
How much do we blame the system and how much do we blame the players for it?

I am an unsure if he could've produced the same numbers here playing under Ten Hag.

I really don’t think it’s that much of a reach, you might, that’s ok. Our wingers are inconsistent for a variety of reasons, age talent form, many factors. I’ve no problem being rational about him, even if I don’t want to sign him. But I’m massively underwhelmed by our attackers for the most part.
Not many arguments there. However, the solution to that is not to add another inconsistent winger on high wages at the wrong end of his career.

Anyway, I don't think it is going to happen. Seems like Chelsea want to add him to the swap deal rather than any interest from our side. Cucurella, Caceido & Palmer - those are the only three players I would want to add from Chelsea. Rest, I have no idea about or are mediocre.

How much do we blame the system and how much do we blame the players for it?

I am an unsure if he could've produced the same numbers here playing under Ten Hag.
Its both. Maybe not but we have the weakest set of forwards in the top 8 (at least).

At this stage of the window options are slim.

Rashford scored 17, we scored 58.
Rashford was trash, McTom scored 7, we score 57.

It's not simple math.
Unfortunately there's no sign of Rashford getting anywhere near that again. If he hadn't that season, no one else was stepping up.

Ten Hag is clueless in how to get this side scoring goals.

Surely the Sancho for Sterling rumour must be a media creation - our management can't be that stupid. Can they?

I mean......the reports are all coming from Chelsea's side that that's what they're offering. Nothing from our side about considering it. So no need to start unfairly criticising the management just yet.
Surely the Sancho for Sterling rumour must be a media creation - our management can't be that stupid. Can they?

That just leaves us even more short of goals.
I don’t think it’s as simple as just adding goals though. It’s about balance, team make up etc.

That’s before you factor in that he’s 29, washed up and even in his prime couldn’t finish his dinner.

Honestly think that current level Sancho is far better than current level Sterling. The only winger we have who isn't as good is Rashford and he'll play regardless so we could end up with the nightmare combination of Rashford and Sterling on the wings!!

Btw, Chukwameka is not a CM for those mentioning him here. He has been more of a #10 when fit for us.

He’s a great talent and I think he’s going to be a great player if he can stay fit but do you guys really need another #10 with Bruno and Mount already there?

I don’t think it’s as simple as just adding goals though. It’s about balance, team make up etc.

That’s before you factor in that he’s 29, washed up and even in his prime couldn’t finish his dinner.
Its not but we're very short either way.

No one reliable is suggesting this is likely anyway.

He'll be going on a cheap loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.