Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top footballing men are finally in charge of the club and they come up with raheem fecking sterling? Used up liverpool and a city player? Joy.

I read that Sterling's wage us 325k per week. Why would we even want to clean other people's dirty laundry? I don't see this as a fair trade unless Chelsea is throwing in additional transfer fees for the trade, and I won't want to give him more than 1 year of contract which he probably won't want to take.

Is it a straight swap ? Wouldn't mind if its Sterling and money on top. No way should we take a straight swap for Sterling, we should be negotiating with Juve for a Chiesa swap instead then !

My worry with him is that injuries have ruined a player who looked a real talent at Euro 2021

My worry with him is that injuries have ruined a player who looked a real talent at Euro 2021

I don't want Sterling but even last season he was Premier League level which Sancho has never been. I'd rather just be rid of Sancho without taking him on hit he's a mile better than Sancho as a player even to this day.

I don't want Sterling but even last season he was Premier League level which Sancho has never been. I'd rather just be rid of Sancho without taking him on hit he's a mile better than Sancho as a player even to this day.

Yeah I just want an outright sale and get Toney with the money, however doesn't feel like Chelsea are interested in that unfortunately

Yeah I just want an outright sale and get Toney with the money, however doesn't feel like Chelsea are interested in that

There won't be any money. There is more on a contract for Sancho than he is worth and clubs know that.

The only reason that Sterling is being offered is because there has been a messy situation about him there and there are only a few days left in the transfer window.

Should we want Sterling? No probably not, he is better than Sancho but it just feels like adding mess on top of mess.

He at least stays in shape and doesn't seem to be as toxic so sure whatever. That's how excited I am about it.

There won't be any money. There is more on a contract for Sancho than he is worth and clubs know that.

The only reason that Sterling is being offered is because there has been a messy situation about him there and there are only a few days left in the transfer window.

Should we want Sterling? No probably not, he is better than Sancho but it just feels like adding mess on top of mess.

Chukwemeka would be the most interesting one as he's actually a CM but doesn't seem he's an option

Chukwemeka would be the most interesting one as he's actually a CM but doesn't seem he's an option

No obviously not. Chelsea do not want Jadon Sancho, they desperately need to get rid of Sterling specifically because both they and him messed up a little and they are probably crossing their fingers that they might get the bare minimum out of Sancho and save face on saying Sterling isn't being considered in their squad.

If this rumour is genuine we should probably take it and we would probably come out slightly on top but it's not an exciting thing. Sterling seems mostly finished, he just wouldn't be as horrendous a character around our squad as Jadon and can do at least a little in the Premier League still.

No obviously not. Chelsea do not want Jadon Sancho, they desperately need to get rid of Sterling specifically because both they and him messed up a little and they are probably crossing their fingers that they might get the bare minimum out of Sancho and save face on saying Sterling isn't being considered in their squad.

If this rumour is genuine we should probably take it and we would probably come out slightly on top but it's not an exciting thing. Sterling seems mostly finished, he just wouldn't be as horrendous a character around our squad as Jadon and can do at least a little in the Premier League still.

What has actually caused Sterling to fall off a cliff since Euro 2021 and leaving City?

Shouldn't worry about Sterling as Utd haven't declared any interest yet, also he wouldn't take a paycut to fit into the INEOS wage structure

It will depend on how badly he wants to leave. Nobody will be paying him £300k a week.
Or indeed how badly Chelsea want him gone. They owe him something like 300k a week for two years, if someone were to offer him 150k a week, that will leave him out of pocket around 15m over the next two years. If Chelsea are happy to pay him his 15m then he'll have no reason to stay and they will only have to pay 15m rather than the 30m they currently owe him and they will also receive any transfer fee.

Juve need to come up with a loan with an obligation to buy deal. fastly These Chelsea swap talks are giving me nightmares.

Yup. He's actually got a bit of that bite in him to go for headers in open play in the middle of the pitch against taller/bigger players and does quite well. so it was a little surprising he went with his feet from the Dalot cross.

I don't think it was an easy chance due to the speed of the ball and accuracy needed to get it on target (that mainly only experienced strikers face these kind of opportunities) but he definitely messed up the chance by not going with his head. Hopefully he continues to start as I feel he deserves a chance to build some momentum.
Yeap Makes sense. Thank you

We are getting Sterling aren't we? Who else would be crazy enough in England to pay him his 300k wage

I’d rather offload him to Juve or indeed almost anyone for a transfer fee. But if Sancho doesn’t go this summer then I reckon he sees out his contract and walks for free. If it’s a choice between two years of Sancho moping around on the bench and/or paying half his salary while he goes on loan to Dortmund vs getting rid and gambling on getting Sterling’s old form back, the latter feels like the lesser evil.

Sterling was brilliant in City, but he's 29 and relied on pace and haven't looked good at Chelsea. He isn't going to remain decent for years to come, if he comes and if he performs it'll be a short-term fix on a likely fairly long contract.
Sancho was brilliant for Dortmund, is 24, and has been a bad fit for us. If he leaves, he can find form and his enjoyment of the game again and reinvigorate his career. I honestly don't think he should stay in England. The Premier League itself seems a bad fit due to the fitness requirements.
Both on big wages (325k p/w for Sterling, 350k p/w for Sancho).

Overall, I think it's just a bad transfer from our point of view:
- We lose out on age.
- We give someone with potential to come good to a rival
- We take in someone that doesn't fit our reported aim of developing under-25 players
- We don't get a massive reduction on wages.

Selling Sancho even at a lesser value-amount to another league would be my personal preference. But the club has done really well on shifting players and on paper getting good replacements in, I'm happy to shut up and give it time if it goes through.

Edit to be clear:
I think immediately Sterling will be better for us than Sancho is, but I don't think he'll be that good, for long enough to matter. The current squad isn't going to challenge for the league, so I'd rather build on the young core we have with younger big talents until we're closer to adding the cherry on top of the cake.

The only player we should think about swapping with is Chukwuemeka. Would give additional depth for Mainoo and seems like a good future prospect (barring injuries).

Sterling would probably produce more than Sancho, but that's a pretty low bar. Neither is up to the standard we should be looking for. Hopefully INEOS don't change the approach they've taken all window long, by taking a 29 year old who is past his best, on a high wage, off of Chelsea's hands. Sell him for a lower fee and re-invest freely.

I don’t rate Sterling, and never have. Outside of City’s system he’s never been productive, but would I rather have him over Sancho? Absolutely.

Sterling has always infuriated and annoyed me, and he's been playing for teams I activiely wanted to see lose. The idea of having him joining our bunch of attacking misfits is so underwhelming and unexciting. I don't need more reasons to find this team difficult to watch.

Sterling would probably produce more than Sancho, but that's a pretty low bar. Neither is up to the standard we should be looking for. Hopefully INEOS don't change the approach they've taken all window long, by taking a 29 year old who is past his best, on a high wage, off of Chelsea's hands. Sell him for a lower fee and re-invest freely.
He would get out of bed, train and get minutes so that’s an immediate improvement.

What boneheaded move has INEOS done to date that makes us believe these reports? They were disgusted with the state of affairs left by Woodward, so why would they execute a classic Woodwardian maneuver here? I don't think they would, this is a fever dream some click farm has dreamt up to terrify United fans.

Surely even Chelsea aren’t daft enough to let Lavia anywhere near this deal.

We should not be helping Chelsea get rid of their rejects.

Chelsea are already good at selling, and if it was the other way round, and we had frozen out players who we didnt need on massive salaries, we would hardly get any buyers.

Let them fix their own mess. 35-40M or Lavia. Otherwise no deal.

He'd offer more than Sancho, but most would. It sums it up how much of a failure he's been that people are contemplating us getting a what nearly 30 Sterling.
He offered more than Antony, Amad, Rashford and Garnacho last season too. 8 goals and 4 assists in 22 league starts. It’s quite funny seeing everyone describe him as a has been when he’s better than every winger at the club - which shows the absolute state of our attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.