Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the Sterling hate funny to be honest. He'd been linked to Arsenal and Villa who are better teams than us and nobody batted an eyelid then but as soon as he's liked to us he's finished :lol:
Do you think an older player on the decline and a substantial pay packet would represent a good deal for us?

It's the exact type of signing INEOS were supposed to be steering us away from. Sterling would be an equally poor signing for Arsenal.

Villa might work because there isn't the same weight of pressure or expectation as you see at the traditional top 6 clubs. Emery also has a track record of getting a tune out of unfancied players at Sevilla and Villarreal. It still wouldn't be a great idea if it involved them spending big money though for obvious reasons.

I trust our board to not sign finished players like Sterling and Chilwell

The only thing more depressing than keeping Sancho at the club beyond the end of the window would be trading him for any of Chelsea's cast offs, including Chalobah.

I find the Sterling hate funny to be honest. He'd been linked to Arsenal and Villa who are better teams than us and nobody batted an eyelid then but as soon as he's liked to us he's finished :lol:

Most people didn't bat an eyelid cos probably it doesn't bother us, but I am sure nobody was going around saying he is a great player still

Also him coming here is a whole different issue. He is leaving Chelsea as he isn't playing, he comes here it would be with the agreement he is playing more than he isn't which then doesn't help answer any of our problems

Getting Sterling in to rotate on the left and push Antony to 5th choice, meh, there are worse things. Chilwell to be a 3rd crock at left back, technically you'd hope one of the 3 will be available so it does help in some sense.

It's a really shit use of wages, but there is some logic where I can see Ten Hag wanting it. Personally I'd just take whatever we can get for Sancho and roll with Rashford, garnacho, amad and Antony for the season and strengthen big next summer in that area, but if it's some short term deal then I can see it being ok. Genuinely don't know what level sterling is at these days though.

I’m surprised none of their players are any use to us. Is our squad that good or they have utter dross? At least one or two should be swappable from the pool of millions of players they want to sell?

What are the numbers here? Sancho 40m, Sterling 10m? Surely they're not level given their age.
Book value for their respective clubs ? They might actually be somewhat even. Roughly 35m€ each I want to say ? Both are in the same tier of high wages too, it seems.

Sancho is younger so sure you can argue that he's worth somewhat more.

I’m surprised none of their players are any use to us. Is our squad that good or they have utter dross? At least one or two should be swappable from the pool of millions of players they want to sell?
There's probably a few we could make use of but presumably that's the one(s) they offered... We maybe don't get to pick out of the full litter.

There’s no part of me that wants Sterling here, but it’s also unequivocally true that if he were to come, he’d have much, MUCH more to contribute than Sancho. Given the state of our attack, he’d probably be straight in the team over Rashford. Which is a sad thought. But surely the whole point of moving Sancho on, is to free up 300k per week in wages. Not just swap it with another 300k per week player who is 4 years older and not of our choosing

Book value for their respective clubs ? They might actually be somewhat even. Roughly 35m€ each I want to say ? Both are in the same tier of high wages too, it seems.

Sancho is younger so sure you can argue that he's worth somewhat more.

I know Sterling has been the better player, a while ago. And I actually thought at the time Chelsea bought him for 50m he represented great value, which he's obviously not done. But as much as I want Sancho out, and I think it would be a major plus for our squad building to get him out of the door without him coming back next summer to stink up the place, I do not want Sterling or massively injury prone Chilwell either. It just seems an opportunistic play by Chelsea (if true) mainly to get players out and they could look to move Sancho out later, they've got a lot of experience in player turnover so they might fancy their chances better by getting something for him down the line.

Has the whole Juve thing gone cold?

Considering Sancho age and potential it'd have to be 50m and sterling the other way

the main problem with signing sterling is that he’s got a gun tatttoo on his leg, and keith down the social says he wouldn’t let him marry his daughter with it.

I know Sterling has been the better player, a while ago. And I actually thought at the time Chelsea bought him for 50m he represented great value, which he's obviously not done. But as much as I want Sancho out, and I think it would be a major plus for our squad building to get him out of the door without him coming back next summer to stink up the place, I do not want Sterling or massively injury prone Chilwell either. It just seems an opportunistic play by Chelsea (if true) mainly to get players out and they could look to move Sancho out later, they've got a lot of experience in player turnover so they might fancy their chances better by getting something for him down the line.

Has the whole Juve thing gone cold?

Not big on Sterling. Older player, on high wages, that doesn't really fit the apparent project.

Probably still better than keeping Sancho around and he might be a little fired up to prove his worth. Suboptimal choice overall but doubtful we can find a buyer for this summer at that price anyway.

Not big on Sterling. Older player, on high wages, that doesn't really fit the apparent project.

Probably still better than keeping Sancho around and he might be a little fired up to prove his worth. Suboptimal choice overall but doubtful we can find a buyer for this summer at that price anyway.
i think you need to break the bank for a player that’s played for liverpool, city, chelsea, madrid, barcelona and milan. though it’s harder to rationalise a purchase for a player that’s only played for some of those teams.

How was Amad horrific? Scored a goal, was heavily involved with the counter attack that Zirkzee touched to stop the goal. His only issue is match fitness. He can’t seem to last longer than 65 minutes.

Awful awareness wandering offside for the Zirkzee pass, played ball behind Rashford on a very promising counter (bad pass and wrong decision in not playing Bruno through), should have scored from the Dalot cross.

Awful awareness wandering offside for the Zirkzee pass, played ball behind Rashford on a very promising counter (bad pass and wrong decision in not playing Bruno through), should have scored from the Dalot cross.
The only way to score that brilliant Dalot cross was with a flying header, the second Amad tried to do it with his foot you knew it was not happening. Maybe headers are not his strength. It was a great cross, but ball came in at high speed and at chest height so getting it in was not nearly as easy as it seemed

As for the offsides, our entire team is horribly amateur at it. It is really embarrassing how easily and often Brighton was catching us on offsides. Our players, at their level should be ashamed of their lack of skills to not be outplayed like kids with offsites. And it's also not a new thing, apparently we were second worst in this statistics, last season (in EPL)

Sterling will be 30 in few months. Few years of good football left in him or is he finished?

Is it a straight swap ? Wouldn't mind if its Sterling and money on top. No way should we take a straight swap for Sterling, we should be negotiating with Juve for a Chiesa swap instead then !

I just don’t see a deal to be done with Chelsea and player swaps.

Not with INEOS.

Sterling joining would be one of the most bonkers things Ive ever seen.

My brother in laws head would literally explode, he still hasnt forgiven him for joining City from Liverpool.

The only way to score that brilliant Dalot cross was with a flying header, the second Amad tried to do it with his foot you knew it was not happening. Maybe headers are not his strength. It was a great cross, but ball came in at high speed and at chest height so getting it in was not nearly as easy as it seemed

As for the offsides, our entire team is horribly amateur at it. It is really embarrassing how easily and often Brighton was catching us on offsides. Our players, at their level should be ashamed of their lack of skills to not be outplayed like kids with offsites. And it's also not a new thing, apparently we were second worst in this statistics, last season (in EPL)

What's funny is that his first goal for us was a brave looping header facing the goal backwards :lol:

We would be silly to take either player.
Chelsea do have some players we would likely be interested in but is isn’t them

I would have said potentially Madueke (until today) and Chukwuemeka might have been slightly long shots but interesting options. Madueke was linked with Newcastle a few weeks ago and I thought that would have been a good signing for them, if Chelsea were daft enough to let him go. But it looks like they are going to use him after all, and today he's only cemented that place really. For me he should be in their starting 11. Chukwuemeka and money might be an option, though it would potentially send Mount to the doldrums.

Sterling would be a good signing but only on loan for this season. Could be really useful for us. He's almost 30 and there's no way we're giving him a long contract.

Same for Chilwell, I'd have him on loan but never a permanent transfer due to his injury record.

Sterling is a terrible player on huge wages, he is 29 and will be 30 in few months, I can't see the new management going for him.

Chilwell is a perma-crook, no one is taking him including us, it seems this swap news is coming out of Chelsea brief, and I know INEOS won't bite, it's either a permanent transfer with a good fee or he stays

Sterling would be a good signing but only on loan for this season. Could be really useful for us. He's almost 30 and there's no way we're giving him a long contract.

Same for Chilwell, I'd have him on loan but never a permanent transfer due to his injury record.
It would be a horrible signing. He is petulant and will create a lot of drama if he doesn't start every game. We already have Amad and Garna who SHOULD be starting, Rashford who demands to be starting and the last thing we need is Sterling to impede Amad or Garna, and/or drum up more chaos and infighting

Unless you want Rashford and Sterling starting, Garna and Amad warming the bench and leaving in frustration as soon as they can

Sancho might be shit, but any deal that involves us taking a former Liverpool and City washed player on massive wages and helping Chelsea out is so obviously a bad one it goes without saying.

I'd be worried if that's even being seriously considered let alone accepted.

Oh wow. Didnt remember that! The one against AC Milan?

Yup. He's actually got a bit of that bite in him to go for headers in open play in the middle of the pitch against taller/bigger players and does quite well. so it was a little surprising he went with his feet from the Dalot cross.

I don't think it was an easy chance due to the speed of the ball and accuracy needed to get it on target (that mainly only experienced strikers face these kind of opportunities) but he definitely messed up the chance by not going with his head. Hopefully he continues to start as I feel he deserves a chance to build some momentum.

Pretty sure Arsenal fans would be more than batting eyelids at any solid link to them giving Chelsea money for the privilege of paying Raheem 250k+ a week.

Much rather Sterling than Sancho. He can at least be an effective winger.
I'd rather neither. Sancho will be gone in 2 years, Sterling wont join on a 2 year contract so i'd rather be stuck with Sancho. We can send him off to Dortmund or Juventus or wherever.

Status
Not open for further replies.