Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lavia went for £60M - Living in a pipedream to think he'd be included in a Sancho deal.

The only elite attribute Sterling has left is the ability to dive for pens that he wouldn't get wearing a Man United shirt.

I'd pay Chelsea to not have to take Sterling or Chilwell. Even though we already dont have to.

Swapping him for a bunch of Chelsea cast offs on huge wages would be dumb

You guys really need to stop mentioning Lavia, ffs. He currently looks like our best midfielder. Was awesome in preseason and fantastic against City in the opener. He’s going to be one of the first names on the team sheet for us when fit.

As for Sterling, I think he’d actually make a lot of sense for you guys. He’s a top professional, always available, trains really well. All things that are the opposite of Sancho, really. And when he’s in top form (which has been frustratingly rare, hence us wanting him gone) he’s still capable of top class displays. As a rotation option he’d be a good signing for you.

Sancho still makes no sense whatsoever for us, though.

Lavia went for £60M - Living in a pipedream to think he'd be included in a Sancho deal.

Yeah that’s never going to happen. Would be either deadwood like Chilwell and Sterling or youngsters like Boniface or Acheampong.

Would rather keep Sancho than get Sterling.

The only deal that suits us apart from permanent is a loan with a decent loan fee+wages covered. Chelsea can certainly do that.

Otherwise keep him, taking Sterling for Sancho would be one step forward and 2 backwards.

You guys really need to stop mentioning Lavia, ffs. He currently looks like our best midfielder. Was awesome in preseason and fantastic against City in the opener. He’s going to be one of the first names on the team sheet for us when fit.

As for Sterling, I think he’d actually make a lot of sense for you guys. He’s a top professional, always available, trains really well. All things that are the opposite of Sancho, really. And when he’s in top form (which has been frustratingly rare, hence us wanting him gone) he’s still capable of top class displays. As a rotation option he’d be a good signing for you.

I would have said the other way around, doesn't make much sense for United when Garnacho is currently on the bench and Sancho can't make the squad. Sancho at least proved recently he was good outside of United, at Dortmund, and has potential to benefit outside of this club. In which case he would be better than Mudryk. Sterling just looks like he's on the decline, I don't see what he offers that say Rashford doesn't if you want an experienced winger.

If Chelsea want Sancho they can pay the money in the same way we had to for Mata, Matic and Mount. We don't need any more of their cast offs.

A perennial fixture on the IR & Raheem fecking Sterling...no fecking way. I rather Sancho get paid for doing nothing for another 6 months before we send him out on loan to BVB in January again.

We really can get linked to anyone & people will start making a case for them. I wish Romano or Orny jokingly link us to Andy Carroll just to see how many break out the Fbref graphics to convince themselves that he'd be a good signing.

Sterling is still a very good player, very underrated by some. But…..it’ll be a cold day in hell before I see a former Liverpool and City player rock up here at 29 years old, on massive wages. Get all the way out of town with that one. Chilwell I would take on a free.

In terms of a swap deal for Sancho, I really can’t see anyone in their squad that we’d want and they’d be willing to part with. Chilwell and Chukwuemeka maybe, plus cash.

Would prefer the cash and use it to buy a new player. No point taking Chelsea rejects in part exchange.

Yeah get Rabiot and Toney with the money please, if I really believed the City Sterling was still in there then I might feel differently about this deal. The other interesting one is Chukwemeka who isn't getting any gametime but could with us

Sterling has gone from one of the best attacking players in the league a few years ago, to deadwood at a top club. Quick, agile attackers tend to decline with age and it's clearly already happening. If he's already past it now, and we give him a 4 year contract what will he look like at 32, 33?

At least we know for certain Sancho will be gone in 2 years time.
Im talking strictly that 29 isn't old.

Sterling has regressed, and that's a different issue.

The only way something like this makes any kind of crazy sense is if they use Sancho to get off Chilwell and Sterling contracts, then loan him out for a season before selling him for £40m. They might view Sancho as the more sellable asset than our two players.

Nice try, no thanks.

If we manage to sell Sancho, this Summer, for anything more than 20Mill Euros it will be good business, even if we buy nobody in return. He is toxic for our dressing room and I would rather us use money from his sale in January transfer window than have him moaning as a fifth choice winger

p.s. Glazers pretending January window is not a thing was total bullshit, I really hope INEOS can and will change that stance

We are not falling for it again after Mount.

I really would like to stop giving you the big bucks for your cast-offs. Mata, Matic, Mount... been burned more times then we should have.

The obvious answer here is Chalobah, who I'm very surprised hasn't been sought after this summer. We don't particularly need another CB though

Would have swapped Sancho with Maatsen in a heartbeat if they hadn’t sold him. Now, I don’t see a player which they want to sell and would be useful to us.

:lol:

Nice try, no thanks.

We are not falling for it again after Mount.

I really would like to stop giving you the big bucks for your cast-offs. Mata, Matic, Mount... been burned more times then we should have.
Look, I’m not saying he’d start for you guys or anything. I’d rather see him on the wing than Antony or Rashford currently is all I’m saying.

F* Chilwell? Do United feel sorry for Shaw being lonely at treatment room?

Sterling has been poor for Chelsea, the pace, agility etc (everything that made him so good) has seemingly gone these days. He's just nowhere near as threatening as he once was. He'd be little use to us other than as a backup, he'd be our Hazard at Real Madrid. Chilwell is pretty average to me and very injury prone. The only way I see this is as one of these FFP deals that Chelsea seem to like.

Sterling has been poor for Chelsea, the pace, agility etc (everything that made him so good) has seemingly gone these days. He's just nowhere near as threatening as he once was. He'd be little use to us other than as a backup, he'd be our Hazard at Real Madrid. Chilwell is pretty average to me and very injury prone. The only way I see this is as one of these FFP deals that Chelsea seem to like.
We would be silly to take either player.
Chelsea do have some players we would likely be interested in but is isn’t them

Mudryk looks lost at Chelsea, id happily swap him for sancho, cant be too dissimilar in value, with plenty of game time he may find some form, competing against Rashford he would play regularly.

Neither player fits the profile of younger (<24), hungry players we are targeting this season. I don't think there's any legs in that story honestly.

I wouldn't be be against looking at swapping for some Chelsea youth players though.

Imagine a left back three of Shaw, Chilwell and Malacia.

Be like using 3 slices of Swiss cheese as a coaster and hoping none of the holes line up.

I’m torn. I absolutely do not want Chelsea’s cast offs. But Sterling and Chilwell would be much more useful to us this season than Sancho.

Ugh. I’d genuinely rather we look at some of their youth players. They have a formidable academy and those lads must recognise they they’re not going to get chances there.

There's no point replacing 1 piece of dead wood with 2. Move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.