Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lavia isn't playing because he's injured, that's never happening.

Chukweumeka maybe the best option of the lot, at least untapped potential.

29 isn't old. If you want to say he's not good enough, that's different.
It is an age that players, particularly wingers, are often worse than they used to be and very rarely at that age do they then reach their former level.

Lavia isn't playing because he's injured, that's never happening.

Chukweumeka maybe the best option of the lot, at least untapped potential.
Yep, put him in the hidden gems/under the radar thread. I actually wouldn't want Lavia anyway, looking at his injury record, that's the last thing we need.

Bit shocked but whoscored has him down as 8 league goals and 4 assists in 22 starts last year. That’s more productive than any of our wingers by quite some distance.
Yeah our wingers have been crap. I don't disagree he could be an upgrade but unless he's gonna sign a one year deal then I think we are just adding another high wage not good enough option for seasons to come.

If we somehow moved off Lindelof I'd take Chalobah in a swap but I don't think the mentioned players do much for us

Ornstein said that Sterling could be open to a lower salary if he leaves Chelsea. If he wants to stay in the PL he would have to.

Sterling peaked at 25 and has been on a gradual decline for the last four years. He genuinely wouldn't be an improvement on Rashford or Garnacho. His finishing is awful as well so we'd still have the same issues with scoring goals.

We'd be better off enquiring for Chukwuemeka in midfield. He hasn't been given a chance at Chelsea, but was very highly regarded just a few seasons ago. Seems to have been lost in the shuffle there.

Well taking some players in a squad role would be better than loaning him to juve withoht a buyout i would say.

This can't be real surely? They just signed Neto, Madueke just scored a hat trick, and then you have Felix, Nkunku and Palmer in the mix.

I can't see Sancho getting any game time. Feel like this is Chelsea trying to offload 500k a week from their wage book. Sancho will be on loan somewhere by Christmas.

It is an age that players, particularly wingers, are often worse than they used to be and very rarely at that age do they then reach their former level.

Sterling does well at his new clubs usually.

Theres also a precedence of someone like a Robben coming back into his prime at that age.

Would be decent punt to take if he reduces wages. He offers certain element our other wingers lack.

Better than Keeping Sancho anyway.

Genuinely think Sterling was a lot better last year than is being made out. He'd be infinitely better than Sancho and a lot better than Rashford as well. Sure, his finishing is awful, but our wing play would be a lot better with him around. If we don't give him 300k wages on a 4 year deal, this could be a smart deal

This can't be real surely? They just signed Neto, Madueke just scored a hat trick, and then you have Felix, Nkunku and Palmer in the mix.

I can't see Sancho getting any game time. Feel like this is Chelsea trying to offload 500k a week from their wage book. Sancho will be on loan somewhere by Christmas.

RW - Neto/Madueke
CAM - Palmer/Felix
LW - Sancho/Mudryk
ST - Jackson/Nkunku

Sterling does well at his new clubs usually.

Theres also a precedence of someone like a Robben coming back into his prime at that age.

Would be decent punt to take if he reduces wages. He offers certain element our other wingers lack.

Better than Keeping Sancho anyway.
The maximum amount of time Sancho can continue to be a problem is two years. If we give Sterling a contract longer than that, which we would, it could certainly be worse than keeping Sancho.

Sterling peaked at 25 and has been on a gradual decline for the last four years. He genuinely wouldn't be an improvement on Rashford or Garnacho. His finishing is awful as well so we'd still have the same issues with scoring goals.

We'd be better off enquiring for Chukwuemeka in midfield. He hasn't been given a chance at Chelsea, but was very highly regarded just a few seasons ago. Seems to have been lost in the shuffle there.
I don’t think we should move for him but he’d definitely be an improvement on Rashford.

Chilwell would be best as third place backup on the left, but considering Shaw is another crock and Malacia is finished, he'd be playing far too often. And he is way too injury prone for that.

Not a fan of Sterling, but he'd probably be more useful than Sancho and Rashford.

All of this is contingent on wages not being a problem, but the finances are for smarter people to figure out.

But I wouldn't take it anyway.

Last edited:
If Sterling takes a pay cut, I'd take him and he'd likely be our best attacker. Sterling + Chilwell for Sancho is a deal I'm snapping your hands for.

but again, Sterling would need to agree to a wage cut.

Getting Sterling would be worse than letting Sancho move for free imo. We need young technically gifted players, who are motivated to bring this club back to top levels. Also, his shooting technique is awful.

It would be a younger player based on the signings we’ve made and how INEOS seemingly want to operate.

I don’t see any position that we’d take from them, apart from CM.

GK: Nobody of enough quality to be the new #1
RB: I’d take James but he’s Shaw MKII
CB: We’ve just ‘restocked’ our CBs
LB: Chilwell no thanks, maybe Cucurella but should still demand a decent fee
RW: Amad, Garnacho & Antony, we’d have to move a few on
CAM: They’d never sell Palmer
LW: Nobody could dislodge Rashford, for whatever reason
ST: Nobody they have really fits

The only viable position is CM:
- wouldn’t want Fernandez
- they wouldn’t sell Caicedo
- Lavia fits

Sterling shouldn't be part of the deal I'd take 50m from Chelsea for Sancho though

If Sterling takes a pay cut, I'd take him and he'd likely be our best attacker. Sterling + Chilwell for Sancho is a deal I'm snapping your hands for.

but again, Sterling would need to agree to a wage cut.
Sterling would not be our best attacker, nowhere near. On the sharp decline.

29 isn't old for christ sake
29 isn't old. If you want to say he's not good enough, that's different.
Sterling has gone from one of the best attacking players in the league a few years ago, to deadwood at a top club. Quick, agile attackers tend to decline with age and it's clearly already happening. If he's already past it now, and we give him a 4 year contract what will he look like at 32, 33?

At least we know for certain Sancho will be gone in 2 years time.

Status
Not open for further replies.