Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately they recently developed the technology to watch other football matches too, even ones happening in completely different countries.
Adds a little more weight when a player destroys your own team.

Came into a rotten environment, with no one in control of things, lost his way as a result.

Imagine a manager like SAF was here when he arrived, would have drilled him into a superstar player for us.

He very likely wouldn't have lasted this long under SAF and/or probably wouldn't have been signed in the first place. He most definitely wouldn't have been back at the club if he pulled his stunt under a SAF regime (which makes it weird how some fans back him when they likely wouldn't have backed him if he did it to SAF). Also SAF didn't drill every player into a superstar. A lot of those players had drive and self-determination already to better themselves.

There’s simply no excuse for him not being able to do what Amad is doing currently. Ten Hag has treated them quite similar in that he wanted something more from them, took them out of the team for a while so they could work on it.

Amad has come into the team and looks to be doing exactly what Ten Hag wants, Sancho looks lost on the pitch to be honest.

It isnt a great deal for us to loan or especially, to swap. Sancho's value has been amortised over quite a number of years. So we need to maximise whatever value we get over & above that value out of a sale to improve the books. A swap doesn't help us improve our books as much other than savings on salary.
They could also structure a Juve type "swap" whereby they pay us, say 40m for Sancho and we pay them 60m for Ugarte (or however the finances end up), which I think would help with PSR, versus just a straight swap of say, Sancho + 20.

He very likely wouldn't have lasted this long under SAF and/or probably wouldn't have been signed in the first place. He most definitely wouldn't have been back at the club if he pulled his stunt under a SAF regime (which makes it weird how some fans back him when they likely wouldn't have backed him if he did it to SAF). Also SAF didn't drill every player into a superstar. A lot of those players had drive and self-determination already to better themselves.
Ronnie developed his game here and became better.

Maybe SAF won't have signed him in the first place, but if he had done so for those figures he would have invested time in making him better and standout, it definitely won't have gone south like this.

Sancho should take a lot of the blame same goes to the club and Manager.

There are player that need 18hrs watch and guidances, I remember SAF used to put Paparazzi on our players to get feed backs and I think Sancho is one of those players were the manager really need to be close to, to probably get something out of him.

Absolutely looked like he had his happy meals with some shake and fries.
F0rwMeyXgAAdWTB.jpg:large

Sancho isn’t fat, he’s thicc.

Berbatov wasn't a lazy player, he just wasn't an explosive flashy player.
Nah Berbatov was definitely lazy.
You can describe it as “wanting to play the game at his own pace”, or “wanting the game to come to him”, or “nonchalant” if you want to be really fancy about it.

I remember Rio saying he wanted to “kill” Berba at times, one time specifically was the training session before the 09 CL final.

Ronnie developed his game here and became better.

Maybe SAF won't have signed him in the first place, but if he had done so for those figures he would have invested time in making him better and standout, it definitely won't have gone south like this.

Sancho should take a lot of the blame same goes to the club and Manager.

There are player that need 18hrs watch and guidances, I remember SAF used to put Paparazzi on our players to get feed backs and I think Sancho is one of those players were the manager really need to be close to, to probably get something out of him.

Ronnie developed because he had a crazy work ethic to improve himself from the jump. For players who have that type of mentality SAF is almost the perfect manager for them. Sancho on the other hand, based on his history in terms of training etc at multiple clubs, seems to have the opposite mentality.

There are plenty of players who were signed under SAF and never developed into what we thought they would. As fun and enjoyable as Anderson was in his time here there was nothing SAF could do to change his work ethic.

The manager and the club handled the Sancho situation perfectly. Every top manager from Pep to Klopp have criticised their players (if that can even be called criticism what he said about Sancho). Sancho was the one who chose to respond the way he did. He has had multiple managers here and under each of them he has failed to do anything of note. He went back to Dortmund and had a manager/club exactly as you described and still performed how he was performing for us. Its okay to say a player is either just not good enough and/or just doesn't have the mentality to be a top player. He wouldn't be the first electric youngster who as he got older fell off.

I thought he looked fairly decent in some of the bits of pre-season. I don’t see him adding much, but maybe enough to keep interest alive. And hopefully rumours of his departure are true

The only one who reported back to United out of shape was Shaw. Saw the video of preseason training and everyone was wearing the same training top looking trim. Shaw, however, well, his handles were sticking out. :lol:

I give up with Luke.

Berbatov wasn't a lazy player, he just wasn't an explosive flashy player.
The man was incredibly lazy, he even has been quoted saying something along the lines of if you know what to do there's no need to run.

Rio has mentioned losing his mind at Berbatov for not repositioning to receive a pass and Berbatov's view was to find him where he already was, or something along those lines :lol:
The funny thing is there are instances that prove he was actually fast when he wanted to be. It just happened about 5 times in his entire career.

The man was incredibly lazy, he even has been quoted saying something along the lines of if you know what to do there's no need to run.

Rio has mentioned losing his mind at Berbatov for not repositioning to receive a pass and Berbatov's view was to find him where he already was, or something along those lines :lol:
The funny thing is there are instances that prove he was actually fast when he wanted to be. It just happened about 5 times in his entire career.

Berbatov wasn't that fast at all. He wasn't the kind of striker to make off the shoulder runs, even if he did score that kind of goal on the rare occasion, he was ultimately a fox in the box who could also link play.

Berbatov wasn't that fast at all. He wasn't the kind of striker to make off the shoulder runs, even if he did score that kind of goal on the rare occasion, he was ultimately a fox in the box who could also link play.
He wasn't a speedster, but he wasn't slow either. He rarely ever displayed his top speed but there was the odd occasion when he could be bothered that he outpaced defenders to everyone's surprise.

No way, Westbrook is one of the most hard working players out there. Everyone says he trains like a madman.

Sancho has such bad body language. The video of him when he's waiting to come on, just when we scored the goal, shows no enthusiasm at all. Even when ETH was talking to him he looked so uninterested. Looks like we're stuck with him for a while.
Michael Beasley is the best NBA comp for me. All the talent in the world, but couldn't get his head right and just bounced around after a first few good years.

Getting him out this summer, even without bringing in another forward, would be a great step forward.

Would then leave some wriggle room for a January incoming.

I thought he looked fairly decent in some of the bits of pre-season. I don’t see him adding much, but maybe enough to keep interest alive. And hopefully rumours of his departure are true

Sancho usually looks good in pre season because most players are playing at about walking pace and 50% intensity so that suits him.

Once the real football starts and people start sprinting and the intensity ramps up then he struggles.

Sounds like they're still sniffing about another winger, they're linked to Coman as well

Sounds like they're still sniffing about another winger, they're linked to Coman as well

Would be the best outcome for both clubs/players - switching players. Neither seem really favoured/wanted by their coaches. Just not sure PSG are that desperate after signing Doue.

For PSR means (&/or if the valuations differ a little), make it 2 separate deals and not technically a swap.

It's making a lot of sense for them to be a bit flexible with Ugarte fee and we can be flexible with Sancho.

Would be the best outcome for both clubs/players - switching players. Neither seem really favoured/wanted by their coaches. Just not sure PSG are that desperate after signing Doue.

For PSR means (&/or if the valuations differ a little), make it 2 separate deals and not technically a swap.
I think Sancho would fit in well with Enriques posession based system. He's more of a wide playmaker, using 1-2's and give and goes than a winger. If it is tiki taka slow slow fast slow football, he could work well, especially in a league not as demanding as PL.

I think Sancho would fit in well with Enriques posession based system. He's more of a wide playmaker, using 1-2's and give and goes than a winger. If it is tiki taka slow slow fast slow football, he could work well, especially in a league not as demanding as PL.
Yeah I can see that. If it’s going to click for him again, that’s what he needs, in a league not as demanding where PSG is quite dominant.

Status
Not open for further replies.