Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're never selling him. Expect another season of nothing. Then we activate his extension to "preserve value"

Still wont be interest. He'll leave a free agent in 2027 after taking another £40m from us.
Then he will retire. Although I thought his contract was only until 2026?

I'll just re-iterate everyone else's sentiments. This guy is one of our worst signings ever not for his ability, but for his entitlement, attitude and lack of application. He should be training by himself, ideally somewhere on a small Scottish islet so he doesn't infect the rest of the squad with his attitude. I'd honestly have 5 Antony's over 1 Sancho.
I think he needs a smaller mid table club where he is the star player and has others do the off the ball work for him. Spanish football would be an ideal fit

Let's hope he gets a loan move again.

This screams loan to Crystal Palace on deadline day as Olise replacement.

Bit nervous there's no rumors of him leaving. Have said it before, I don't know how you keep him from repeating what happened last season when he doesn't fit the style of play and there really isn't much room for him in the squad anymore. Mount and Amad are further options in the wide positions, Hojlund and Zirkzee should have the CF role filled. I just hope there's a loan deal being arranged before the window ends.

As much as I can’t stand him and definitely want him gone, I do think it was bad management to put him in for a penalty, on his comeback game at Wembley where he missed an important penalty on his most recent attempt.

He’s so fragile mentally that I would imagine he’s now gone back in a shell and is completely done.

Just need him gone on any loan possible

As much as I can’t stand him and definitely want him gone, I do think it was bad management to put him in for a penalty, on his comeback game at Wembley where he missed an important penalty on his most recent attempt.

He’s so fragile mentally that I would imagine he’s now gone back in a shell and is completely done.

Just need him gone on any loan possible
If that’s the case over a friendly then there is no chance for him here. In any case there is no hope for him turning it around here.

Came into a rotten environment, with no one in control of things, lost his way as a result.

Imagine a manager like SAF was here when he arrived, would have drilled him into a superstar player for us.

Came into a rotten environment, with no one in control of things, lost his way as a result.

Imagine a manager like SAF was here when he arrived, would have drilled him into a superstar player for us.
Nope, he doesn’t have it in him.

I don’t think SAF would ever have signed him. He’d have spoken to him once and know he wasn’t a player he could work with. Talent alone isn’t enough, he needs to be the whole package.

Feel sorry for him and at the same time can't stand him for missing another important penalty at Wembley. He's 24 now though and can hardly be classified as 'young player' so should prove us all wrong and have a great season, at United or elsewhere. Probably won't happen though.
I don’t think SAF would ever have signed him. He’d have spoken to him once and know he wasn’t a player he could work with. Talent alone isn’t enough, he needs to be the whole package.
Yeah don't think Ferguson would sign Ferguson. Him and David Gill looked at everything (especially mentality probably) when signing a player and don't think Sancho would fit the profile.

Yes please...

It isnt a great deal for us to loan or especially, to swap. Sancho's value has been amortised over quite a number of years. So we need to maximise whatever value we get over & above that value out of a sale to improve the books. A swap doesn't help us improve our books as much other than savings on salary.

It isnt a great deal for us to loan or especially, to swap. Sancho's value has been amortised over quite a number of years. So we need to maximise whatever value we get over & above that value out of a sale to improve the books. A swap doesn't help us improve our books as much other than savings on salary.
Saving on salary play plus any club having an obligation to buy him would be great news. That and Antony going next summer would pave the way for a proper United standard winter in summer 2025.

Disagree. He had a season under Ten Hag where we were doing well, but he had to be sent away because he wasn’t up to standard in training. Then he acted the cnut last season. I don’t think Ferguson would have wanted him. No other big teams were in for him, only us. That’s because he was acting the cnut at City and Dortmund, too.

He's kinda the Ben Simmons of football players, for those who get the reference.
Hehehe I see what you did there but tbh Ben Simmons has had nonstop injury troubles so Sancho isn’t that category.

I’d say he’s the Russell Westbrook of football players. Can only manage being the star and starter in mediocre to below average teams where he’s the highest paid player but always on the bench when he’s surrounded by better players. :lol:;)

A loan with an obligation (not an option) to buy would be just fine though. I think the obligation is often based on things like appearances -- e.g., playing in more than 50% of a team's games for the season means they have to buy him at the determined price. Certainly a fair risk with someone like Sancho, and for that reason reasonable for PSG to have that protection. I think if we did that we could probably get them to cover most/all of his salary (unlike Dortmund, who only paid £4M) and then have a reasonable chance to convert into a valuable sale.

Nevermind SAF, even his captains will slaughter him at entrance of parking at carrington. He is not going to do that with vida, stam, neville around. Keane probably will kill him in the dressing room.

He doesn’t have the required mentality to be anything close to that. He can’t even go to bed and get up on time.

Hehehe I see what you did there but tbh Ben Simmons has had nonstop injury troubles so Sancho isn’t that category.

I’d say he’s the Russell Westbrook of football players. Can only manage being the star and starter in mediocre to below average teams where he’s the highest paid player but always on the bench when he’s surrounded by better players. :lol:;)
No way, Westbrook is one of the most hard working players out there. Everyone says he trains like a madman.

Sancho has such bad body language. The video of him when he's waiting to come on, just when we scored the goal, shows no enthusiasm at all. Even when ETH was talking to him he looked so uninterested. Looks like we're stuck with him for a while.

Let’s get the deal done.

Sancho loan with obligation
Ugarte loan with obligation

Everyone gets what they want.

It's gonna be a loan in Italy with some money upfront and an option to buy at almost his book value in a year, 20m€. Calling it now.

It's gonna be a loan in Italy with some money upfront and an option to buy at almost his book value in a year, 20m€. Calling it now.
Amrabat was a 10 mill loan and 20 mill fee. You would think we would get teams lining up for Sancho at that rate. But we wont.

£20m plus Sancho for Ugarte would be an amazing deal for us.

The sad thing is that PSR means these kinda swap deals don’t appeal any more.

Also PSG clearly aren’t very interested in sancho because there are half a dozen better options out there with a similar name recognition.
What have you seen of Ugarte that has impressed you?

Can only see a late loan again, there is no way he stays next season, unless Saudi comes in with a good offer.

This,

I can't recall Fergie signing a single lazy player.

Status
Not open for further replies.