Jadon Sancho - Chelsea (loan) watch (Dog status: missing - responds to “Sanch” or promises of FUT packs)

He’s a terrible professional but for United to let a 24 year old with 2 plus 1 left on his contract to go for £23m is bordering insanity, he’s worth £40-50m and we got robbed yet again!

Let’s make this more simple who will get more PL goals and assists this season, the £55m Mason Mount or the £23m Jadon Sancho?

Where's the offer? You can say whatever you think he's worth, doesnt mean anything when there's no offer coming in.

Sancho is a known quantity. He's a gamble at best, nobody in their right mind would spend 50M and 200k per week for this dud. Like i said, a gamble at best

Where's the offer? You can say whatever you think he's worth, doesnt mean anything when there's no offer coming in.

Sancho is a known quantity. He's a gamble at best, nobody in their right mind would spend 50M and 200k per week for this dud. Like i said, a gamble at best
Yep. Only Chelsea being in for him did say something. He obviously likes Dortmund so they clearly didn't offer the money.

ETH is the only manager that need more than 11 of his own players to play his so called style of play and yet once he got all his players we still play shit football.

Non of the goals we conceded today had anything to do with Sancho and Madueke "not defending their spaces". It was terrible goalkeeping decisions from Sanchez.
This is a good point. Our goal concessions cane from two really odd misfires between the goalie and defense. Our defending wasn’t particularly bad aside from that. Things like xG allowed was nearly nonexistent.

But Sancho’s pressing and defensive stats in particular make me think people aren’t actually watching. His duels won and other pressing stats were great, and his successful take ons, key passes, etc were great as well; really active.

ETH is the only manager that need more than 11 of his own players to play his so called style of play and yet once he got all his players we still play shit football.

Mourinho and the posters defending him was the same. Big name managers rely on that excuse when they are failing

Enjoying a great start at Chelsea, if he can sustain the same level consistently for the rest of the season then it’s a bargain for Chelsea.

I don’t see the point in pretending Ten Hag doesn’t have an element of blame

Yes Sancho is probably a tit. But you don’t notice who is a tit so much under the better managers. Ten Hag has fallen out with almost every big name player he’s had, and failed to get the best from any of them
Shouldn’t have to pander to multi-millionaire fecking babies who throw their toys out the pram when it’s not going their way.

ETH is at fault for many things, but it’s a stretch blaming him for Sancho’s behaviour.

My take from this isn't how well or not Sancho is doing, but how the feck is Maresca getting a tune so quickly out of this team.

We're talking about a person who has only managed lower league teams, hasn't had a say on transfers, and whose club is in turmoil, and it only took him a few months. Yet some United fans were justifying EtH's poor performance.

This is the most depressing part. I couldn't give a feck about Sancho but you just know what kind of performance to expect against Spurs.

He was also good when he was on form. Problem is and has always been for some of our players, when it starts to get tough they crumble. Add social media comments to that and their career is essentially destroyed.

Shouldn’t have to pander to multi-millionaire fecking babies who throw their toys out the pram when it’s not going their way.

ETH is at fault for many things, but it’s a stretch blaming him for Sancho’s behaviour.
I’m not blaming him for the players behaviour. But the manager is participating in these constant public fallouts. I’d prefer a manager who gets a tune out of his players. Not one who keeps fighting them all the time.

I highly doubt we’d have such a low opinion of Sancho or anyone else as a person if we had an Ancelotti as manager. Because he’d just deal with it properly

My take from this isn't how well or not Sancho is doing, but how the feck is Maresca getting a tune so quickly out of this team.

We're talking about a person who has only managed lower league teams, hasn't had a say on transfers, and whose club is in turmoil, and it only took him a few months. Yet some United fans were justifying EtH's poor performance.

This is the most depressing part. I couldn't give a feck about Sancho but you just know what kind of performance to expect against Spurs.
Tbf people were saying the same thing about Postecoglu last season.

Tbf people were saying the same thing about Postecoglu last season.
Ange would be a much better fit at United than ETH to be honest. Plays the kind of football that suit United and will have the financial backing to get players that'll make it work, unlike the limits he has to deal with at Spurs.
United should seriously consider sacking ETH and going for Ange before they let him slip. As a rival fan I don't mind both staying where they are though.

He has two really, won the penalty with a move he created.

Fecking idiotic to send him to a rival in hindsight. There was no reward, it's all risk.
I remember thinking the same, and we're just gonna get around 23-24M for him.

And we're literally covering a portion of his wages, for him to perform for Chelsea, a direct top 4 rival this season.

Not the best deal. And a bad look on ETH that we couldnt get the best out of him.

He’s not been anything special but probably a be careful what you wish for, for all the weirdos who’d happily see us sell Rashford to say Arsenal for example. If you’re struggling to see a player who did nothing for us do ok, you’d end up in an asylum with how well Rashford would do for a team which has its shit together.

I’m tempted to create a Let’s laugh at RedCafe thread. We wanted Sancho go so badly. 3 assists…
Elanga scored 5 goals and 9 assists the following season after he left us, playing for a poor Nottingham Forest. He is still not good enough for us, so do you have a point?

Where is all this Sancho fanboyism coming from? Elanga has better output from him, but the likes of Fabrizio Romano just making posts and tweets after every single Sancho assist and hearing Sancho apparently being reborn Neymar and his followers soaking it in is nauseating. Why aren't the same people talking about Elanga, who has better output than Sancho?

Most players don't have everyone they've ever worked with criticising him. Ballotelli has ex teammates that will defend him. Some people defending him just means hes not being unprofessional all of the time.

Yeah but Dortmund literally put their money where their mouth is and signed him back from you guys.

He's got some assists

But then Anderson also assisted Ronaldo with his banger against Porto in 2009.

I’m tempted to create a Let’s laugh at RedCafe thread. We wanted Sancho go so badly. 3 assists…
You should absolutely, definitely do that. Tag me in the OP.

There's certainly no way that would end up biting you in the arse. No way.

Make the thread!

Lots of overreactions here.

Give it 6 months.

Yeah but Dortmund literally put their money where their mouth is and signed him back from you guys.

They put almost zero money where their mouths were. When the time came they had to pay money they declined, because Sancho is a little turd. I'm sure he's learned from that though, he's definitely working hard at Chelsea at the moment, the time at Dortmund might have humbled him a bit.

This is a good point. Our goal concessions cane from two really odd misfires between the goalie and defense. Our defending wasn’t particularly bad aside from that. Things like xG allowed was nearly nonexistent.

But Sancho’s pressing and defensive stats in particular make me think people aren’t actually watching. His duels won and other pressing stats were great, and his successful take ons, key passes, etc were great as well; really active.

Thank you Donald Trump.
Any chance of some figures or a link to support his “great” stats?

He hasn’t been spectacular for us yet or anything but what he has done is do the basic things you expect and hope for from a classy winger. After the past 2 seasons watching Mudryk & Sterling being unable to beat a man or even control a football in Mudryk’s case, Sancho has been a breath of fresh air.

He has been great in these 3 matches at receiving the ball under pressure. He has been really effective at being aggressive with his dribbling and taking on fullbacks (often roasting them) and has been super effective around the box causing problems linking with our other attackers.

All we really need from him is more of the same and he’s a bargain. Doesn’t need to be a superstar, “carry the team” sort of guy like he was expected to be when he first joined United.

They put almost zero money where their mouths were. When the time came they had to pay money they declined, because Sancho is a little turd. I'm sure he's learned from that though, he's definitely working hard at Chelsea at the moment, the time at Dortmund might have humbled him a bit.

So Dortmund signed a player they actually despise because he was borderline unprofessional. Good to know. Ten Hag must have forced them at gunpoint to sign the contracts.

I’m not blaming him for the players behaviour. But the manager is participating in these constant public fallouts. I’d prefer a manager who gets a tune out of his players. Not one who keeps fighting them all the time.

I highly doubt we’d have such a low opinion of Sancho or anyone else as a person if we had an Ancelotti as manager. Because he’d just deal with it properly
The day where a manager ruled with a rod of iron is a thing of the past.

You mention Ancelotti and that’s a very good example . Players at top in the modern era are more often than not millionaires before they reach 21 and it’s all well and good blaming the player but like most youngsters circa 23 years old need to be managed in a far different way and that is a skill that many of managers of the past just didn’t have.

We must have all seen it either in our school years or working like that whilst the strict teacher is feared they rarely are motivators and yes they may get a result of sorts but could those results have been better

Meanwhile in working like those managers that don’t empower, don’t trust again may may get decent performances but how much better could they be if they actually worked with team members and even find a different way to solve problems indeed if you remember PEA when at Arsenal Arteta said he couldn’t work with him and was always late and I can’t remember who said it ( may have been Poch) they said they just told him training started at say 10.00am when it was actually 10.15 problem solved .

So Dortmund signed a player they actually despise because he was borderline unprofessional. Good to know. Ten Hag must have forced them at gunpoint to sign the contracts.

They took him on loan, paying a fraction of his wages, and then declined to sign him afterwards. Ten Hag forcing them at gunpoint is probably what would have been necessary for them to pay his full wage.

I'll correct it for you. Dortmund didn't sign a decent player because they think he's unprofessional and not worth the money it would have taken.

They took him on loan, paying a fraction of his wages, and then declined to sign him afterwards. Ten Hag forcing them at gunpoint is probably what would have been necessary for them to pay his full wage.

You wanted a fee that would have been their transfer record. He started a UCL final for them. The idea that they don't rate him is utterly deluded.

You wanted a fee that would have been their transfer record. He started a UCL final for them. The idea that they don't rate him is utterly deluded.

We want his wages covered and then ~£25m from Chelsea, I'm pretty sure Dortmund can afford that.

They rate him enough to pay almost nothing for him, but apparently not enough to match the small fee Chelsea are paying.

Because I dont think he's a garbage player for flaming out with United?

Garbage professional 100% and he played a major part in his own downfall at the club but there's a ton of blame to share given he isn’t the only player of ours who regressed here.

Not the only player to look much better in a different set up immediately after leaving either so that's where I look at it from
That's fair. And he hasn't set the world alight by any stretch, nor do I expect him to. I appreciate his skillset on the ball as it's a little different from his competition. If he stays at this level, and doesn't fulfill his potential - I'm happy given the fee. Though I suspect a coach like Maresca (combined with the competition for his position) will push him just a little.

I watched it. I would gladly arrange for a redcafe livestream re watch. If this is a praise worthy performance then God help us. He's one of these players that seems to be getting completely disproportionate praise for doing the very least youd expect from a top 10 side winger. I get why chelsea fans might feel optimistic, hes coming with a point to prove and has maybe boosted his incredibly weak confidence with a couple of gimmes of assists.

The overall point stands - whatever sancho does post united, even if he wins the ballon dor with a world cup final hat trick, is absolutely irrelevant to us now - he had three years here. 3 years. Thats as long as Jaap Stam was at united. He did nothing. He was awful. And above all else lacked any effort which even antony can claim. It boggles my mind to try understand the level of bias needed to try spin his disaster at united, and england, on anybody but Sancho. I'll ask again, if 3 years isn't enough terrible showings, then truly, how many is? Five? Seven? A decade?

*by arrange, i mean join in if somebody else sets it up

Glad you watched it, although that alone means nothing if your comprehension and perspective are skewed. That's a generalisation, I don't mean you specifically. There is no disproportionate praise, you have to separate fandom and willingness of opposition to sling mud at your direction. And they'll use Sancho to do it.

He's been good, had some good performances so far, nothing exceptional but really enjoyed his half vs Brighton. And so far he's only been able to maintain his performance for about 65 mins tops. The penalty assist was something we saw regularly with Hazard, driving down the line and attempting a one-two to cause some havoc.

Appreciate the reference to his Utd days, even though I struggle to understand the full context. Every dogshit player at Chelsea has at least always made an effort.

Agreed
He’s not been anything special but probably a be careful what you wish for, for all the weirdos who’d happily see us sell Rashford to say Arsenal for example. If you’re struggling to see a player who did nothing for us do ok, you’d end up in an asylum with how well Rashford would do for a team which has its shit together.
They never learn

Sancho can't deliver that kind of performance for you because your team not worked yet as a attacking unit. The movements in the box are predictable from your attacking unit.

For us he is good 1 vs 1 because we are able to isolate one opponent for him to do his trick. Very small sample to come to conclusion yet. But for us Sancho is so far so good.

Sancho also got off to a very bright start under Ten Hag’s 1st season. I would temper expectations and the anger directed at the club. Sancho will revert back to his old ways when things start getting difficult. He does not have the mentality to sustain this level of effort under the scrutiny of playing in the PL.

Chelsea ended the season strong so he joined them while they were on the up. Morale and confidence is huge in football and the club were moving on an upward trajectory which certainly helps a new Manager coming in.

I think Chelsea will be strong this season, they aren't back. But not far off it, they'll finish comfortably top 4.