Jadon Sancho - Chelsea (loan) watch (Dog status: missing - responds to “Sanch” or promises of FUT packs)

If I had to write an article about a Manchester club making an epic fook up by selling a player to Chelsea.

It wouldn't be the Manchester club in red that I was talking about.

If I had to write an article about a Manchester club making an epic fook up by selling a player to Chelsea.

It wouldn't be the Manchester club in red that I was talking about.

Except of course that journos know that stories about United will shift units

No one cares about city

No one cares about city

True.

It just becomes even more ridiculous when one player scored 4 goals in 45 mins and the other made a 10 yard pass.

Glad you watched it, although that alone means nothing if your comprehension and perspective are skewed. That's a generalisation, I don't mean you specifically. There is no disproportionate praise, you have to separate fandom and willingness of opposition to sling mud at your direction. And they'll use Sancho to do it.

He's been good, had some good performances so far, nothing exceptional but really enjoyed his half vs Brighton. And so far he's only been able to maintain his performance for about 65 mins tops. The penalty assist was something we saw regularly with Hazard, driving down the line and attempting a one-two to cause some havoc.

Appreciate the reference to his Utd days, even though I struggle to understand the full context. Every dogshit player at Chelsea has at least always made an effort.

I only mention that I watched it to clarify that I was basing my opinion on actually seeing him not just a pre formed opinion. I thought overall it was a very ordinary performance, a bog standard attacking players showing - nothing brilliant, nothing awful. Yet it prompted people to start talking about how ten hag 'fecked up' and regret his leaving. If that's the performance level needed to generate our fans' longing, then I just cannot make any sense of it whatsoever.

I say with full honesty, that I believe had we just signed a new winger, and the performances this season were those Sancho has given for chelsea, i would say that at absolute best - there'd be some quiet optimism, but widespread reservations about his fitness, discipline and overall match intelligence.

As I said, if there was a sort of mass redcafe rewatch of that game, i think it would be an excruciating experience for those who are getting hysterical over him leaving

I had a feeling he’d do well but was slightly worried about his attitude.

He doesn’t look at peak fitness yet but he has really worked his ass off in games and his attitude has been spot on thus far. He is also producing which is an upgrade on Sterling.

I dont get what the issue is. Sancho has never been a poor or not-so-talented player. The problem was his attitude and approach to the game. Let's see if he changes for good now. But to me, it was clear that he had to leave so all fine

I don't really see how it's viewed as a flop, when you assess the system Sancho played in for United compared to the one presently at Chelsea there are monumental differences between assessing how his attacking profile influences the play.

Watching segments of that Chelsea game yesterday until half time, there was a plethora of movement among the attacking line. Brighton certainly didn't help proceedings by playing a suicide high line but as demonstrated with Hakimi if there's rotations around Sancho he thrives because it doesn't require him having to skin his fullback as the only method for ball progression and chance creation.

Whereas's in comparison with United, the wide players are constantly isolated and the shape allows them to invert and generally Bruno and the strikers are relatively static, that's why United often time don't create clear cut chances often because too much of the attacking play is heavily reliant on the winger producing magic to get in behind and produce something.

Sancho might indeed look a 40-50 million signing in how Maresca is using him but typically how United have deployed him 25 million is fair value, he's simply the wrong profile for what he's demanded in a red shirt.

Even before the fall out Sancho was deeply failing the eye test. If he has finally sorted his immaturity, I guess ok too bad for us. But it was a good decision. Let's see how long the honeymoon lasts for him.

I don’t think we fecked up by letting Sancho go at the time we did, the situation had deteriorated badly and Ugarte will prove to be a more valuable asset.

The feck up was letting the situation deteriorate as it did, just bad management and bad use of resources and transfer funds.

Now seeing him playing for a direct rival and looking like he can be productive to me continues to prove how much of a mess or club is currently in.

No one cares about city

City win league titles so they can afford to feck up and sell a quality player.

We don't win shit so a shit player we sell doing well with some assists will be talked about as a feck up, though the player is actually meh, said player doing slightly ok will be huge news.

Back in the day we sold Becks and RvN, yet we continued to win so it wasn't a big deal

£24m for a starting player is an absolute bargain. I don’t see Sancho ever being a player that is constantly putting the ball in the net. If he can be another Willian for us and control the ball in tight areas and provide service for those who wear shooting boots, awesome. We have had players that didn’t work out and then went on to have good careers elsewhere, it happens.

If he continues with this form then fair enough, but some of you have really jumped the gun here.

He is one of the most unprofessional players we have ever signed, and that's saying something. We can give ETH a lot of stick for his management, but he gave Sancho an extended break to get his head clear and comeback but he still couldn't be arsed. He was on £350,000 a week here, and did nothing in entirety of 3 years to deserve anywhere near that amount. It was a massive mistake on our part, and we did well to bin him to Chelsea who were the only club willing to offer a decent fee given his enormous wages.

Y'all should stop paying attention to what Bundesliga dickriders say on him, their words are completely worthless and they are constantly arguing in bad faith on this forum.

Elanga scored 5 goals and 9 assists the following season after he left us, playing for a poor Nottingham Forest. He is still not good enough for us, so do you have a point?

Where is all this Sancho fanboyism coming from? Elanga has better output from him, but the likes of Fabrizio Romano just making posts and tweets after every single Sancho assist and hearing Sancho apparently being reborn Neymar and his followers soaking it in is nauseating. Why aren't the same people talking about Elanga, who has better output than Sancho?
Hey, no worries. I wanted Sancho gone just as much as you did. A bit of self-awareness and a sense of humor can go a long way. Otherwise, we might end up drowning in our own negativity

Tbf people were saying the same thing about Postecoglu last season.
I get there are 1 season wonders out there, not saying Ange is one. But at least he got a tune out of his players without having any say on transfers (pretty sure that's how it works at Spurs).

Chelsea ended the season strong so he joined them while they were on the up. Morale and confidence is huge in football and the club were moving on an upward trajectory which certainly helps a new Manager coming in.

I think Chelsea will be strong this season, they aren't back. But not far off it, they'll finish comfortably top 4.
Wouldn't you say winning a cup at the end of his first season and another in his second would qualify as ending the season fairly strongly?

OGS then EtH have made it utterly depressing watching United, we've been repeating the same fecking mistakes game after game. We've turned into a cup team, i.e., turn up for some cup games because that's about all he can win. We're now even celebrating winning the league cup ffs! He doesn't have the balls nor the know-how to beat bigger teams and maintain a winning run in the league. I don't even think we have a bad bunch of players, it's just the manager. It will be another season of failure while he's here.

Look, I get it, I come across as a right moaner but that's how I feel when I watch EtH's United. And I've been feeling it since the 2nd half of his first season, because the lack of game plan was apparent.

edit: FFS, I hadn't even seen the score!

Last edited:
It was a loan deal and we had to pay some of the wages. They didn't permanently sign him.

They still paid him a top salary for Dortmund standards. He was likely their best paid player even without your part of the salary. The reason they didn't sign him permanently was that they couldn't afford the fee you asked for. He would have been their record signing. At the time it was said you wanted €45M. Dortmund didn't sign Maatsen either although he was one of their best players.

I feel like he gave up. He lost the fans and we know how that goes, couldn't see it turning around so he said he wanted out. I think he could have stayed but he's done with all of it...... I get it and it's looking like it might be a good call.

Still, don't rate his attitude when he was here....

Will never forget Cavani charging past him from the other side of the pitch to keep an attack alive whilst he just threw his head and arms down. Attitude is utterly shite, and he will revert back to form as I don't believe he has the character to sustain his current efforts.
I doubt he's even a conversation at the end of the season, and will be surprised if he proves me wrong.

MvWXgkC.png

And folks wonder why he is getting stick from Utd fans? Someone remind him, who is footing a portion of his wages on loan still. Despicable little cnut.

MvWXgkC.png

And folks wonder why he is getting stick from Utd fans? Someone remind him, who is footing a portion of his wages on loan still. Despicable little cnut.
Reminds me of when Telles celebrated Sevilla’s win over us in the Europa League last year when he was on loan to them from us. feck Sancho, the ungrateful dick.

Comes across as extremely petulant, entitled and childish.

He’s on a bit of a purple patch at the moment (if you can call it that) but when his head eventually drops then he will be getting a lot of abuse, especially from United fans.

Comes across as extremely petulant, entitled and childish.

He’s on a bit of a purple patch at the moment (if you can call it that) but when his head eventually drops then he will be getting a lot of abuse, especially from United fans.
This. His behaviour is definitely that of a twat.

MvWXgkC.png

What am I missing here? Is he supposed to have done something wrong in that image?

Where's the offer? You can say whatever you think he's worth, doesnt mean anything when there's no offer coming in.

Sancho is a known quantity. He's a gamble at best, nobody in their right mind would spend 50M and 200k per week for this dud. Like i said, a gamble at best
And yet right now if we had sacked ETH in the summer as we should have done, he’d probably have 3 or 4 assist’s and a goal or two for United.

We got Mount they got Sancho, we’ll come back to this conversation in 3 months not 9 and your see just how much of a failure ETH has been for United, the muppet picked Antony over Sancho and Amad for 18 months, say no more !

What am I missing here? Is he supposed to have done something wrong in that image?
What a question. He should be pissed every time his new team scores because they are a rival to United, his employer. Should at least have the decency to look sad when he gets on the scoring sheet, what a prick.

MvWXgkC.png

What a load of bulshit! Everything alright with you? He is on loan because we thought he is not good enough for us according to the club and manager, so he is playing for a team that think he might be useful for them, so what’s the issue?

Reminds me of when Telles celebrated Sevilla’s win over us in the Europa League last year when he was on loan to them from us. feck Sancho, the ungrateful dick.
Honestly, I think this is a reach. Players mindlessly retweet things like this from their clubs all the time. He’s also representing them currently. I don’t see a problem here?

And yet right now if we had sacked ETH in the summer as we should have done, he’d probably have 3 or 4 assist’s and a goal or two for United.

We got Mount they got Sancho, we’ll come back to this conversation in 3 months not 9 and your see just how much of a failure ETH has been for United, the muppet picked Antony over Sancho and Amad for 18 months, say no more !
You're not wrong. ETH is not the sharpest manager out there. Especially when it comes to building a squad.

Antony and Rashford are not that good compared to Garnacho, Amad, and Sancho and yet have played so many more games.

Our season was dead the moment he decided to sell Sancho and not Rashford. Really that was the obvious move to get rid of Rashford and integrate Sancho back.

You're not wrong. ETH is not the sharpest manager out there. Especially when it comes to building a squad.

Antony and Rashford are not that good compared to Garnacho, Amad, and Sancho and yet have played so many more games.

Our season was dead the moment he decided to sell Sancho and not Rashford. Really that was the obvious move to get rid of Rashford and integrate Sancho back.
I just think we’ve lost a lot of our British core, back 5 today no British players just Mainoo and Rashford, Latin/dutch/African culture don’t really get our club Rashford would be a different player under a different coach, Sancho would have been our best player had he had support from a United coach.

We really need to start recruiting EPL proven players, they don’t have to all be British but they should have at least played 1-2 years in the PL.

If we had spent £100m on Rice rather than £100m on Ugarte and Casemiro, £85m on Michael Olise and Anthony Robinson rather than Antony, Spent £105m on Kane rather than Zirkzee and Hojlund, £45m on J Maddison, Y Tielemans and R Barkley rather than £55m on Mason Mount, if we had spent £50m on Diego Costa rather than A Onana would that squad be much better than our current POS?

I think we all know the answer, Now I’m expecting All these chiefs that currently run our club to show that they are Elite operators and sack ETH tomorrow morning, Give RVN the job for 7-8 matches and go and find the right coach who will work with RVN as his assistant.

I'll correct it for you. Dortmund didn't sign a decent player because they think he's unprofessional and not worth the money it would have taken.
Sancho wasn't unprofessional for us mind, we've dealt with the likes of Mor and Dembele :lol: His wages and transfer fee definitely would have been too much for us though, and Sancho wouldn't be happy earning half or less of what he did in the PL.

Dortmund fans and staff mostly think Utd lack the stability or personnel to get the best out of good talents they sign anyway, so we don't blame Sancho and want to help him get back on his feet and it's great he got a move to Chelsea since Kagawa also faced similar issues and returned after his Utd stint. Dortmund as a club wants young players to do well after they leave and we have repeatedly helped former players even Götze post-Bayern (betrayed us, came back, treated his metabolic issue, joined PSV) because the club wants to maintain good relationships and help the players we developed thrive.

BVB personnel also likely advises our players to think carefully before joining Utd compared to a more stable setup like Pep's City for instance e.g. Gündogan was my favourite during his time at BVB and I didn't want him joining City though I knew Pep was the best coach for his development. He did his ACL early yet had Pep's full backing all the way and led them to the treble as captain. Or Akanji, who was bought cheaply as a backup and is now City's starting CB. The difference between how our players fare at Utd and City is staggering.

Just watched a quick clip of his highlights in the last match. Thought it was a very good performance. Would be great if he can keep that form up for Chelsea.

You'll see what a difference playing in a good footballing team, under a manager that has a good character, makes to him. Somebody said to me the other day that 'he looks like he's enjoying his football at Chelsea', and it wound me up, because this is what I've been saying has been the issue for him and other players here. They don't enjoy the football. Every week they look like they have the weight of the world on their shoulders. Then you watch other top teams and they're smiling, expressing themselves on the pitch, fighting non-stop for everything. But can you blame them? This manager is a leech on everyone. He has bizarre tactics that hang players out to dry, he blames the players for everything, has zero charisma, never takes responsibility for a damn thing. I'd absolutely hate to play for ETH in all honesty.

I'm not absolving him of blame for what happened, he conducted himself poorly. But on the pitch, I could always see why him and other players aren't performing for us. Under Ole it was a tactical plan relying on athleticism, pace in behind etc. This isn't how Sancho wants to play. It was the same under ETH mostly too, but our whole tactical plan is crap and all our wingers perform to a fraction of their ability. This wasn't a Sancho problem, but a much wider issue.

The clues have been there though. Every time he has played elsewhere, he's looked a different player. He's looked happy, he's worked hard, he's expressed himself on the pitch. It's only at United, particularly now under this charisma vacuum, that these players can't do it.

was non plussed with the signing when we got him but he’s surprised me so far, works well off the ball and is composed with an eye for a pass which is different to our other wingers and still doesn’t look fully fit! Early days but happy with him so far