View full 2024-25 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going by reports, it seems we're not willing to be realistic here. Who is going to pay 40m and take on his wages when he offers absolutely nothing and has a bad attitude to boot? We need to cut our losses. If he halves the price of Ugarte then we've gotten rid of a bad influence higher earner with no upshot.

Going by reports, it seems we're not willing to be realistic here. Who is going to pay 40m and take on his wages when he offers absolutely nothing and has a bad attitude to boot? We need to cut our losses. If he halves the price of Ugarte then we've gotten rid of a bad influence higher earner with no upshot.

I imagine it's due to PSR. The hit actualising this year would impact other plans if we don't achieve the amortised value

Yup, 40m looks impossible. It'll be another loan to Juve or BVB.

Straight swap with Chiesa? Alternatively pocket change + Sancho for Bremer

It'll be either a sell (probably accepting a low ball offer), or another sabbatical. Can't see him being bothered much next season, it'll be frustrating to watch.

We are short on attacking options anyway. We can't ged rid of someone like Sancho even if we overpaid for him. He's still a very good footballer as we saw last season with Dortmund again and is one of the few in the squad who can stay calm and keep the head up in the final third.

Anytime I see him play, I just keep calling him a pussy in my head. He’s not what a United player should be, far too timid in his play.

We are short on attacking options anyway. We can't ged rid of someone like Sancho even if we overpaid for him. He's still a very good footballer as we saw last season with Dortmund again and is one of the few in the squad who can stay calm and keep the head up in the final third.
Last season didn't really prove anything. His performances for Dortmund were massively overhyped. The fact we can't get rid of him speaks volumes for the sort of player he is. He's really not a 'very good footballer', at least not at the top level.

I think he’ll be in and around the squad for the first few weeks just because he’s more match fit than Zirkzee, Garnacho, Hojlund etc. but once everyone’s back he’s definitely lower down the pecking order. Think Amad has done enough to prove he’s a better option out on the right (where Sancho doesn’t want to play anyway)

Pic

This might be one of million reasons why he is lazy. From Amad Snapchat story. It looks like Sancho is using Snus even during games time.

I think he’ll be in and around the squad for the first few weeks just because he’s more match fit than Zirkzee, Garnacho, Hojlund etc. but once everyone’s back he’s definitely lower down the pecking order. Think Amad has done enough to prove he’s a better option out on the right (where Sancho doesn’t want to play anyway)
Problem with that is, what's to stop a repeat of last season? We have players who are far more suited to a transition game which is the style we're going for and I just don't see a scenario where an 80 million pound player with alleged disciplinary/motivation issues is happy. Amad, Garnacho and Rashford should be higher in the pecking order on the wings, Hojlund and Zirkzee should have the centre forward role and personally i'd even pick Bruno as a false 9 ahead of Sancho.

Maybe i'm wrong, and he'll have a good season but i just can't see this going well at all unless Sancho miraculously discovers some form that hasn't been evident in three years (and his Dortmund loan spell was not a great success). Best option is probably to loan him again since clearly we can't sell him.

Problem with that is, what's to stop a repeat of last season? We have players who are far more suited to a transition game which is the style we're going for and I just don't see a scenario where an 80 million pound player with alleged disciplinary/motivation issues is happy. Amad, Garnacho and Rashford should be higher in the pecking order on the wings, Hojlund and Zirkzee should have the centre forward role and personally i'd even pick Bruno as a false 9 ahead of Sancho.

Maybe i'm wrong, and he'll have a good season but i just can't see this going well at all unless Sancho miraculously discovers some form that hasn't been evident in three years (and his Dortmund loan spell was not a great success). Best option is probably to loan him again since clearly we can't sell him.
Oh I completely agree. I think if he sees out August whilst still being here — he’ll either fall out with the manager again, and/or he’ll be back up for grabs in January.

Rumours are he might start the season as a false 9, which again makes sense owing to match fitness of others and Zirzkee having to acclimatise. But once all that’s done and Hojlund is fully fit again, really no room in the inn for Sancho.

(above is all predicated on him not particularly impressing in the games he does start the season with, mind! Which I think is likely…)

You can miss a penalty, I dont hold that against him. Its everything else about him that stinks.

Everyone in the stadium including himself expected him to miss.

Textbook definition of a mentality midget

I'm actually amazed he volunteers for penalties (presumably) because he seems to not really have the mindset for them.
Was clear he was going to miss based on his performance after coming on. Just not the demeanour of someone who thinks they need to prove anything to anyone.

anybody can miss a pen. but when youre a born loser, with absolutely no ability to rise to an occasion or pressure, youre almost guarateed to miss. people taking this awful, weak player's side last season is still hilarious. id take 15m and run.

Ignoring the miss he was abject again. I don’t know what he’s meant to do well.

He can’t dribble, he’s incredibly slow, he has no stamina or engine and he offers nothing going forward.

I know it's stereotypical to say so but I knew he'd miss. Not sure why we put him up ahead of McTominay. Nothing about Sancho makes me believe he thrives in pressure situations.

He doesn't want to be here and the manager doesn't want him here. So why the feck is he taking a penalty for us in a shootout before Casemiro ffs?!

he played one good game in CL and every thought United was in the wrong.
I would trade him for 100 bags of dorito at this point

Honestly. Just leave already.

"Mentality midget" was how someone described him in the matchday thread. Couldn't have put it better myself.

He's just not a very likeable person. I can't take to him and I don't enjoy watching him play. The penalty miss was a cherry-glazed shit on top of a turd sandwich, dipped into the river of piss which sums up his time with us.

Not just a reaction to today , but he offers us nothing , physically and mentally so weak. If we can;t sell him , get him out on loan somewhere.

I'm not gonna cry over a missed penalty in a charity shield game, but you just knew he'd miss didn't you? Same with Evans. As for Jadon, sums up his career for United, he'd want the biggest come back of all time in sports to turn it around, cause it's looking like our worst signing ever.

Missing penalties happens, but he just has no place in this team. Not particularly good at anything and mentally retired already. He is dead last on the wings, even Antony is better, and with Mount and Zirkzee now as well... He has to go. But from his point of view it's probably better to stay. Show up for training, then play some FIFA and collect millions.

It almost felt that he couldn't give a feck

Knew he would miss, but regardless of that he's got to be up there with our worst ever signings.

Having him back around the squad will also bring the mood down. He’s not exactly the sort who exudes professionalism when he’s a bench warmer

Status
Not open for further replies.