View full 2024-25 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never had confidence he would score and it's not a surprise he didn't.
I'm surprised he went as high as he did but I'm guessing he asked for it and was feeling it at the time. Just a shame we had better penalty takers after him

I’m not sure there was a single person on the planet who expected him to score that penalty.

I know we shouldn’t read into one kick of a ball, but it really sums him up, doesn’t it?

I don't care about the missed penalty. It happens to the best of players.

Looking at his Instagram and seeing a guy in a Dortmund shirt on the day he is playing and taking a penalty for Manchester United is unacceptable though.

Social media is obviously important to him, so he knew what he was doing. And even if he didn't, it sends a clear message.

Sancho and United, it doesn't fit. Both will be better off if Sancho leaves the club.

While you can't usually conclude much from a single penalty kick, he really didn't look like he cared whether or not he'd score.

While you can't usually conclude much from a single penalty kick, he really didn't look like he cared whether or not he'd score.
I didn't think he looked that arsed when he missed in the Euro final.

The fact he only got 10 minutes today tells me how much ETH thinks of him. I suspect he's going this window now.

You could hear the moist eyeballs of every United fan rolling upwards when this plank strolled towards the penalty spot.

His attitude, atleast to a bystander doesn’t inspire confidence. We need to look at the detrimental impact that he is going to have on the squad if he continues to get his massive paycheck and perform poorly

If they don’t take whatever PSG or anyone else is offering they will be stuck loaning him to Dortmund every January until his contract runs out.

If they don’t take whatever PSG or anyone else is offering they will be stuck loaning him to Dortmund every January until his contract runs out.
I don't think any club will take him on his current wages or even half the wages and we definitely will not give up his current contract and go somewhere else for a fraction of what he gets here, so it will probably be loans which we get a fee like 3-5m and the club covers a % of this wages until his contract expires, what a flop he turned out to be.

He doesn't want to be here and the manager doesn't want him here. So why the feck is he taking a penalty for us in a shootout before Casemiro ffs?!
I don't get it. Presumably he wanted to be at Dortmund so either they didn't want him or he refused to take a pay cut.

I don't get it. Presumably he wanted to be at Dortmund so either they didn't want him or he refused to take a pay cut.
Dortmund did mention that they want him, and they obviously had the money for it based on their transfer actions so far - they just didn’t want to spend all of it on Sancho, not to mention Sancho’s insane wages. I don’t think Sancho will take a pay cut due to his inflated ego. Best case is we bring in Ugarte and Sancho fecks off to PSG.

Sancho needs to get out of here as much as we need him gone. I don't know if it's pure laziness or if he's playing within himself because he can't handle the pressure but this isn't working at all. He has to go this summer.

Hope we can shift him. Didn't get the weird hype about his bang average loan spell either.

For all the shit that Antony gets about being a terrible footballer, this guy genuinely isn't much better.

I've never got my head around the idea that he's "talented" or whatever and it's just his application holding him back... Even if he had great mentality, he'd still be a bit naff.

I don't think he'll even be paying in a top league by the time he's 30, possibly sooner. He hasn't played well for coming up to 4 years now. He’s been left behind fitness-wise, and his attitude is awful. He and we would be very fortunate if PSG came in for him. I can't see it happening, unfortunately.

He’ll be on one of those pop-up ads in a few years, looking like he ate a fat suit; “You’ll never guess what Jadon Sancho looks like now.”

For all the shit that Antony gets about being a terrible footballer, this guy genuinely isn't much better.

I've never got my head around the idea that he's "talented" or whatever and it's just his application holding him back... Even if he had great mentality, he'd still be a bit naff.

In regards to their performances for us, from an attacking and output perspective they are both pretty similar in terms of uselessness. What I have always argued that Antony has over him is a better defensive contribution and more energy when pressing. Hence, whilst I'd rather not start any of them, if I had to I'd start one out of the two it would be Antony.

Funny how he’s getting a lot of stick for missing a pen against city yet his was on target and the keeper saved it. Meanwhile Evans skied it and never looked comfortable

Funny how he’s getting a lot of stick for missing a pen against city yet his was on target and the keeper saved it. Meanwhile Evans skied it and never looked comfortable

Evans isn't an attacker and I don't think I've ever seen him take a penalty. Plus he absolutely loves the club and gives his all. I can see why no one is taking issue with him.

In all honesty it was more of a good save as opposed to it being a bad penalty.

He never looked comfortable taking it, even for a somewhat meaningless friendly he couldn't shake off the pressure.

I've no qualms about Sancho missing it's just more a question of what he has to offer United moving forward and I can't see him doing well in England.

Evans isn't an attacker and I don't think I've ever seen him take a penalty. Plus he absolutely loves the club and gives his all. I can see why no one is taking issue with him.
Neither his martinez, Maguire or Dalot but I’ve still seen them bang in penalties. And Dalot and Maguire haven’t always give their all.

In all honesty it was more of a good save as opposed to it being a bad penalty.

He never looked comfortable taking it, even for a somewhat meaningless friendly he couldn't shake off the pressure.

I've no qualms about Sancho missing it's just more a question of what he has to offer United moving forward and I can't see him doing well in England.
Ye fair point and I agree with you. If he stays then he as a lot to prove. And he needs to win over the fan base.

The comparison wasn't against Maguire or Dalot though was it? The question was why he was getting stick and not Evans. I think you'd expect your attacker to score a penalty over a defender. And Evans gets more goodwill for the aforementioned reasons. Makes sense why one got more stick than the other.

Am not going to judge off the few minutes he got against City, but I fail to see how he fits into this team, it is a shame, as much as he is the author of his own downfall I am still hopefully that he can find a solutions somewhere....

I would rather see him get another loan if we cannot sell, better than watching him flounder around here, potentially creating issues, but if he dos stay, I am going to give him a clean slate and hope that he gets the benefit of the doubt from the fan base as a whole, we have nothing to gain from him failing

Antony is miles ahead of him imo
At least he tries, his work-rate is always top
notch.

Jadon was given too much, he's a victim of his own success. He'd be better off playing Championship football, he doesn't belong in a high stakes environment. I suspect I share some traits with him and I think I know why he's struggling.

Last edited:
Antony regularly gets cited as our worst signing ever but for me it's Sancho hands down.

He's entering his fourth season with us and he's scored 12 goals... one more than Antony but the key difference being is this guy blatantly doesn't give a shit. Possibly the most unlikeable player to don the shirt in recent times.

Sadly I can't see of us getting shut of him before the end of his contract unless we pay him off. It wouldn't be the worst decision considering the negative vibe his antics have brought to the dressing room.

Anyone expecting him to suddenly turn it on for us is deluded, although I would happily be proved wrong.

He’s the one player in the squad that you can absolutely guarantee how his season will go. There will be no surprises with Sancho, what we have seen is what we will get.

Even if all our wingers got injured and he had an extended run in the team, he would still play like we’re 3-0 up in the 85th minute no matter what the score or importance of the game is.

He’s the one player in the squad that you can absolutely guarantee how his season will go. There will be no surprises with Sancho, what we have seen is what we will get.

Even if all our wingers got injured and he had an extended run in the team, he would still play like we’re 3-0 up in the 85th minute no matter what the score or importance of the game is.

I completely agree. As shit as Antony is I’d much rather see him come off the bench as I’d expect a bit of fight and he’ll at least track back and get stuck in.
Sancho offers absolutely nothing anywhere on the pitch.

Désiré Doué is joining PSG as per Fabrizio Romano's report. So, it's highly possible that Sancho will stay here in this season.
LF - Rashford, Garnacho, Sancho
RF - Amad, Garnacho, Sancho & Antony
There'll be limited minutes for both Sancho and Antony unless there're many injuries on first two options.

The bar is being pulled lower and lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.