Ivan Toney Pt.2 | Signs for Al Ahli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I would definitely take Fullkrug but there doesn't seem any desire for an older backup ST

I think toney age and profile is more of an obstacle for Hojlund . For me , we want someone who is still performing , willing to share the load whilst Ras matured , rather than being direct competition .

It's a short term gig , 2 seasons .

Edit. They seem keen on young zirksee though , so I think you're right .

Last edited:
I think toney age and profile is more of an obstacle for Hojlund . For me , we want someone who is still performing , willing to share the load whilst Ras matured , rather than being direct competition .

It's a short term gig , 2 seasons .

What about either of Fullkrug/Morata?

Last edited:
Would people take him on a free at end of contract next summer out of interest?

Laurie Whitwell says the club are looking at him in addition to Zirkzee. They see that he's about to go into the last year of his contract and so perhaps a reasonable fee can be agreed so Brentford don't lose him for nothing next summer

This is the muppet train i want to ride this summer. I think he'd be great for us, just what we need.

Laurie Whitwell says the club are looking at him in addition to Zirkzee. They see that he's about to go into the last year of his contract and so perhaps a reasonable fee can be agreed so Brentford don't lose him for nothing next summer

Sounds like bollocks, how on earth would we keep 3 strikers happy?

Take the fee out of it and he's the type of player that you'd have previously signed - skillful, good at holding up the ball and has a bit of a swagger, I think Fergie would have loved him.

Would take him in a heartbeat ….he has an edge to him which Utd’s forwards lack.

I do not see this, if we are signing Zirkzee, we have Hoijlund and potentially Rashford in the striker role, yes Toney offers something very different, but given the formation that ETH employs where we rarely play more than one striker I am struggling to see how this makes sense, unless the idea is to push Hoijlund, Zirkzee wide, potentially on the right as we have Amad and Antony who are not indispensable.... So we would have:

Garnacho left/Right,
Zirkzee 9/10,
Rashford Left/9,
Hoijlund Left/Right/9
Amad Right/10
Mount Left/Right/10
McTominay 9/10 ????
Fernandez Right/10
Antony Right

and then potentially Toney 9/10

Cannot see McT moving on, cannot see anyone offering to buy Antony, maybe Amad gets sold, no way Mount or Hoijlund gets sold unless we want to shift them and take a massive loss

We have too many players in these positions already for a bid on Toney to make sense, TBH Zirkzee puzzles me a bit being so central, if Toney were going to be a bargain basement buy, maybe, but he is not and we definitely have other areas we need players especially if we are getting Zirkzee in

Not really. I guess in the sense that anyone can play anywhere if asked to.
But he has, Zirkzee has been deployed on rhe right of a 4-3-3 so it’s not totally out of the question to keep them all happy.

Zirkzee & Hojlund you’d think would be more for the future & Toney we’d keep for a few seasons and then sell on - can’t see him signing anything more than a 5 year contract and maybe sell him on after 4

But he has, Zirkzee has been deployed on rhe right of a 4-3-3 so it’s not totally out of the question to keep them all happy.

Zirkzee & Hojlund you’d think would be more for the future & Toney we’d keep for a few seasons and then sell on - can’t see him signing anything more than a 5 year contract and maybe sell him on after 4
Zirkzee will not be playing on the right.

For sure. If the fee is reasonable I’d be happy to pay for him this season tbh. I think he adds a bit of experience and something different we don’t have currently, plus a bit of edge and he’s a shithouse too. We can always use more ‘dark arts’.

He isn't a RW mate. Transfermarkt has him down playing two games there in his career.

I’d love him here. I think people are underestimating our needs up top so there would 100% be space for him and Zirkzee. I think we could actually see Hojland deployed wider in certain games his year in a similar way to Nunez at Liverpool. Hes shown he’s quite effective at dribbling and using his pace to get in behind but as of yet just can’t impose himself into games as a CF. I think starting him in the wide channels would massively benefit his overall development.

Strikes me as the type of signing that Bayern, Real Madrid or Juventus do from within their own leagues. That would get done for free after the player has sat out the last year of his contract.

Stop posting in transfer threads with no feckin links to a player.

Really don't see any point in signing Toney. His non penalty goal tally isn't all that impressive when compared to fee and age.
And on top of that he seems like a complete tool.

Laurie Whitwell - a tier 1 United journalist has said the club are considering him for this summer. It's about as good a link as you can get.
Where's the link pal, where's the link?

Status
Not open for further replies.