Ivan Toney Pt.2 | Signs for Al Ahli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think he's a really good player, that can impact play from many positions. Huge fan of Watkins and him.

I think he’d be a great buy for Utd, but less so Watkins, who I think we have already seen the peak of. I’d also guess that he has ego/self confidence to not be overawed at playing for you, which is seemingly a regular risk you take when signing a player from a smaller club.

I wonder who will sign him. Brentford have just signed a new striker from Brugge nd given him the number 9 shirt.

I think Spurs is the best fit but I haven’t heard any links.

It’s very quiet, which suggests to me that, whoever it is, is already done and will probably be announced after the Euros.

Brentford wouldn’t be signing a striker and giving him the 9 unless they were sure of the sale.

I wonder who will sign him. Brentford have just signed a new striker from Brugge nd given him the number 9 shirt.
Brentford are going to want a dump truck worth of money so Chelsea seems like the most realistic spot but not sure they could get under FFP

Toney to Spurs would make sense ….although negotiating an acceptable fee with Levy isn’t going to be easy.

Thiago was signed months ago so wouldn't take the announcement as a sign anything is happening imminently with Toney. All very quiet on that front at the moment but things will pick up after the Euros I expect. Toney is a real talent and proven at this level - think he would be a massive asset to most of the clubs targeting the top 4.

I feel like we should be all over it. Right age profile for us to go alongside Hojlund.

Thiago was signed months ago so wouldn't take the announcement as a sign anything is happening imminently with Toney. All very quiet on that front at the moment but things will pick up after the Euros I expect. Toney is a real talent and proven at this level - think he would be a massive asset to most of the clubs targeting the top 4.

Just feels like you're starting to prepare more for life after him. Seems like a similar situation with us and DCL where they're entering a last year of contract, club would ideally want to keep but player is probably looking to leave?

I've not really seen Zirkzee so can't comment on him, but out of the strikers who seem to be on the market I'd go for Toney.

His hold up and link up play is miles ahead of Hojlunds. I actually think you could probably play the two of them together as well.

Will end up at West Ham imo. People forget he isn't that young, 28 in March so not sure the top CL clubs will just give him a five year deal willingly.

Just feels like you're starting to prepare more for life after him. Seems like a similar situation with us and DCL where they're entering a last year of contract, club would ideally want to keep but player is probably looking to leave?

Yeah Thiago was definitely signed with the expectation Toney would leave but just pointing out that the announcement doesn't mean anything is imminent as Thiago deal was agreeed in the new year. I would be surprised to see Toney play for us next season but we are not hearing anything concrete yet.

You think? That's such a sideways move.

Their only options for CF currently are Antonio and Ings so he plays every single week and can become leader and fan favourite in a way he doesn't at the other clubs as he'll just be a squad option imo. They've need an Antonio option for years

They'd have 100% been in for him with Moyes still there, see who Lopetegui wants.

They should be in the mix for european places, I just don't think Toney is good enough for CL or a team wanting to win the title personally.

Maybe Spurs aswell.

West Ham unlikely to want to pay the money though I would have thought.

West Ham unlikely to want to pay the money though I would have thought.

How much do you want for him? They paid 40m + for Haller in 2019.

Based on the last 12 months where he was out for half of them through a self inflicted action, then came back and scored a couple but then was injured/benched in the run in I don't think equals optimum price especially with just 12 months left.

Think he'll go for the fee you've got in for Raya.

Their only options for CF currently are Antonio and Ings so he plays every single week and can become leader and fan favourite in a way he doesn't at the other clubs as he'll just be a squad option imo. They've need an Antonio option for years

They'd have 100% been in for him with Moyes still there, see who Lopetegui wants.

They should be in the mix for european places, I just don't think Toney is good enough for CL or a team wanting to win the title personally.

Maybe Spurs aswell.

Totally disagree and the fact he can come on and impact the game at international level as he did at the weekend would also suggest otherwise. He can score goals at this level, he has very good football intelligence, he can hold up the ball and link up play very well, contributes defensively especially at set pieces and if you put him in a team that, on paper, will have better players than Brentford do then I am sure he will step up and improve as he has done in the last few seasons going from League One to the Premier League.

They can overrate him all they want but no one is going to come close to those prices for him. And using Hojlunds fee is also funny. We obviously paid that fee for his potential. Who is going to pay that much for a average striker who was banned for 6 months for betting and with 1 year left on his contract ?

They are going to sell him at a cut price or he's going to end up staying if those are the figures they want.

Given we've now got proper people running things, we've surely got to be looking at this, it's almost too obvious.

Given we've now got proper people running things, we've surely got to be looking at this, it's almost too obvious.

By all means, he's mint.

but there are fairly obvious downsides here as well. Like the shitloads of money they want for him combined with his gambling history, another cock up there and that's it for him.

If Brentford truly want 100 million quid for him then it's definitely not obvious. I'd be fuming if the club pay that for him.

Aside from that, we don't have 100 mill to blow on one player this window anyway.

They can overrate him all they want but no one is going to come close to those prices for him. And using Hojlunds fee is also funny. We obviously paid that fee for his potential. Who is going to pay that much for a average striker who was banned for 6 months for betting and with 1 year left on his contract ?

They are going to sell him at a cut price or he's going to end up staying if those are the figures they want.

That cnut Frank really doesn't like us. Would love to see him get relegated this season.

By all means, he's mint.

but there are fairly obvious downsides here as well. Like the shitloads of money they want for him combined with his gambling history, another cock up there and that's it for him.

If they want a ton a money then it's no, but in reality his contract situation means they will have to let him go for less than he's worth, and tbf you can't really factor in the gambling issue, if he's playing for United and still messing about with that crap then you just have to give up.

If they want a ton a money then it's no, but in reality his contract situation means they will have to let him go for less than he's worth, and tbf you can't really factor in the gambling issue, if he's playing for United and still messing about with that crap then you just have to give up.

Ofcourse you can factor in the gambling issue when he's recently been banned for gambling.

Given we've now got proper people running things, we've surely got to be looking elsewhere, it's almost too obvious.

That cnut Frank really doesn't like us. Would love to see him get relegated this season.

I thought that but it wasn’t actually him who made the quote about Hojlund, it was some agent.
Frank has actually been really complimentary about Rasmus, which I imagine is just because he’s Danish!

He'll not go for 100 million. They're farting in the wind with that shit. Got to think we'd be in for him, considering the goal tally would immediately increase with him in the side.

Toney has only bettered Rasmus' non penalty goals output in the championship... for a team that lives off statistics, that's a wild swing and a miss. I'm taking Rasmus all day long.

He'll not go for 100 million. They're farting in the wind with that shit. Got to think we'd be in for him, considering the goal tally would immediately increase with him in the side.

No it wouldn't. For a guy who had a very average career this guy is really overrated on here.

Toney has only bettered Rasmus' non penalty goals output in the championship... for a team that lives off statistics, that's a wild swing and a miss. I'm taking Rasmus all day long.

Yea, I'm amazed so many people rate him on this forum. He's fecking average and would obviously be looking for his last big contract at this stage in his career. Don't people want us to move away from such signings? Yet all I see is people suggesting him as a very good signing. Don't even need to mention that he literally got banned for 6 months last season.

Imagine if he got banned again and the same people would be here giving the club shit for not doing their due diligence. Fact is we don't even need to do any due diligence here considering his ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.